Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Raiders’ Defense Showed Us the Way
The Raiders showed the rest of the league how to stop the Chiefs: Suffocating pressure which generates turnovers. Las Vegas sacked Patrick Mahomes four times and intercepted one of his passes. Mahomes was also the Chiefs’ rushing leader yesterday with 53 yards; that means the Raiders’ secondary did an outstanding job on the back end making sure the Kansas City receivers were covered.

This parallels what Lou Anarumo did when the Bengals played the Chiefs successfully in 2021 and 2022. With the exception of last year’s AFC Championship, Cincinnati successfully employed the defensive combination of pressure on the quarterback with great coverage by the secondary and won three of four games.

This is the perfect time to dial up this type defense again I believe. Kansas City’s offense looked anemic against the Raiders. I believe the Bengals can land the knockout punch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 05:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Raiders showed the rest of the league how to stop the Chiefs:  Suffocating pressure which generates turnovers.  Las Vegas sacked Patrick Mahomes four times and intercepted one of his passes.  Mahomes was also the Chiefs’ rushing leader yesterday with 53 yards; that means the Raiders’ secondary did an outstanding job on the back end making sure the Kansas City receivers were covered.  

This parallels what Lou Anarumo did when the Bengals played the Chiefs successfully in 2021 and 2022. With the exception of last year’s AFC Championship, Cincinnati successfully employed the defensive combination of pressure on the quarterback with great coverage by the secondary and won three of four games.

This is the perfect time to dial up this type defense again I believe. Kansas City’s offense looked anemic against the Raiders. I believe the Bengals can land the knockout punch.

Yeah, I expect our Defense to play much better in this game against a team where we have had their number. Lou should have a good game 
plan going into this game. He has been very good at confusing Mahomes in the past. We need our DL besides just Trey to get pressure and 
we need the youth to play better. Getting CTB back should be huge for us.

Highly doubt Browning is going to gift them 3 turnovers too. That was a pick 6 as well that Mahomes thrown and that O'Connell the Raiders 
QB hardly threw the ball in the 2nd half and they still won. If we have the right gameplan going into this one on both sides of the ball we can 
certainly beat a tired Chiefs team.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 05:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I expect our Defense to play much better in this game against a team where we have had their number. Lou should have a good game 
plan going into this game. He has been very good at confusing Mahomes in the past. We need our DL besides just Trey to get pressure and 
we need the youth to play better. Getting CTB back should be huge for us.

Highly doubt Browning is going to gift them 3 turnovers too. That was a pick 6 as well that Mahomes thrown and that O'Connell the Raiders 
QB hardly threw the ball in the 2nd half and they still won. If we have the right gameplan going into this one on both sides of the ball we can 
certainly beat a tired Chiefs team.

Hendrickson needs to be in Mahomes earhole on just about every play. If CTB is back, he can get in Kelce's head just like he did Metcalf
;
Reply/Quote
If the raiders can win without their QB completing a pass after the 1st quarter, we surely have a shot. I’m honestly just worried about our defense. I think we play them better than the Steelers, but we got to pressure Mahomes or he’ll have a game where everyone thinks KC is back on top.
Reply/Quote
Kelce may be playing hurt as well as he's been awfully quiet the last two weeks. His play has dropped off this season compared to years past. I don't think they use him too much as I believe they'll rely on their running game with Pacheco and Mahomes.

I think the wheels are coming off in KC and we've got a good shot to beat those guys. Not looking ahead, but still looking ahead to the Browns, that will be the really tough game for the Bengals. A win in KC will definitely build the confidence we need to win against the Browns.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 05:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Raiders showed the rest of the league how to stop the Chiefs:  Suffocating pressure which generates turnovers.  Las Vegas sacked Patrick Mahomes four times and intercepted one of his passes.  Mahomes was also the Chiefs’ rushing leader yesterday with 53 yards; that means the Raiders’ secondary did an outstanding job on the back end making sure the Kansas City receivers were covered.  

Regardless of style, a renewed focus on tackling would be the biggest benefit. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 12:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Regardless of style, a renewed focus on tackling would be the biggest benefit. 

You just ain't whistling Dixie there..
Reply/Quote

the bold letters is what needs to be done, agreed, specially the latter part to take out Mahommes, pressure is a given, but the thing that makes mahommes dangerous is he can do magic on the run/out of the pocket (unlike Lamar Jackson who runs it, Mahommes throws it), and when receivers are not well covered, then chains keep moving and moving.....the raiders had those timed well for that game, WHICH, is not very easy to do and unlikely to happen in every game. We've done this same formula before, but unfortunately, we are not the same Defense as last season.. Lou is going to have to come up with that will work, based on our limited personnel somehow.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 09:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hendrickson needs to be in Mahomes earhole on just about every play. If CTB is back, he can get in Kelce's head just like he did Metcalf
;

Spot on and we need Hubbard to spy Mahomes, hardly any blitzing, drop 8 cover and tackle well. CTB back is perfect timing for this game.

He is a very physical Corner. DJ Turner tries to be, but he is so small and light, love his effort though.

(12-27-2023, 01:16 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: the bold letters is what needs to be done, agreed, specially the latter part to take out Mahommes, pressure is a given, but the thing that makes mahommes dangerous is he can do magic on the run/out of the pocket (unlike Lamar Jackson who runs it, Mahommes throws it), and when receivers are not well covered, then chains keep moving and moving.....the raiders had those timed well for that game, WHICH, is not very easy to do and unlikely to happen in every game. We've done this same formula before, but unfortunately, we are not the same Defense as last season.. Lou is going to have to come up with that will work, based on our limited personnel somehow.

Hubbard needs to be the spy along with Wilson at times, stay disciplined. Both of these guys have to play much better than they have all 
season in this game, both have not played well this season and Pratt has actually played terrible at times this year. Hope we see both Trey
and Myles Murphy getting a lot of pressure on Mahomes.
Reply/Quote