Brandon LaFell just signed with the Raiders. Their roster now includes:

AJ McCarron
Brandon LaFell
Leon Hall
Reggie Nelson
Emmanuel Lamur
Frostee Rucker
Mike Nugent

13% of their 53 man roster is former Bengals. Full disclosure: I didn't even know Frostee was still playing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the old and broken Bengals west

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Only difference being i'd actually have faith that our front office would retain the services of a player like Khalil Mack.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 02:53 PM)pally Wrote: Yeah, the old and broken Bengals west

Lol pretty much.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 02:54 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Only difference being i'd actually have faith that our front office would retain the services of a player like Khalil Mack.

Dumb move by Oakland. Really dumb!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 03:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dumb move by Oakland. Really dumb!

Idk. You can't give 20% of your income to 1 player. Mack is great but I'd bet you can get close to the same production from exponentially cheaper players.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 03:08 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Idk. You can't give 20% of your income to 1 player. Mack is great but I'd bet you can get close to the same production from exponentially cheaper players.

I get your point.  :andy:

Reply/Quote
Mack got 6 years, $141 million. Highest paid defender in the NFL. Raiders couldn't afford that with their cap situation. To pull out a pair of 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder (from a team that's likely to be bad), was a very good haul. Understandably, there's been a very emotional response to the trade, but from a logical standpoint, it makes perfect sense.

Makes me appreciate (even more) the Bengals finding ways to keep their top guys though. We've rarely had issues there.
Reply/Quote
We forget T Justin Murray who was claimed off of waivers on Sunday. That makes it 15% of the Raiders roster + 1 coordinator

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 03:53 PM)pally Wrote: We forget T Justin Murray who was claimed off of waivers on Sunday.  That makes it 15% of the Raiders roster + 1 coordinator

I was going to say don't forget the D Coordinator.... :andy:

Also their LBers coach is David Lippincot, another former coach here....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Jordy Nelson is their AJ Hawk...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Rucker and Lemur? Are you guys shitting me?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 03:08 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Idk. You can't give 20% of your income to 1 player. Mack is great but I'd bet you can get close to the same production from exponentially cheaper players.

One could argue Mack is as valuable as any QB but any team can really only afford one of these contracts but the Rams and Bears both have QBs on rookie details. Raiders will have to pay big bucks to Carr soon.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 04:17 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Rucker and Lemur? Are you guys shitting me?

Yeah, Zimmer cut Lemur. Chucky thought he'd be a good replacement for Mack.  Ninja
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

Maybe not 20% of your income, but you *can* give an average of 10.67% of your cap across the length of the contract to one player.  Especially if they are arguably the best at their position in the league.
Reply/Quote
Why can't the Raiders learn the alphabet?

Because they are always lost at C.

Hilarious  

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 04:32 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: Maybe not 20% of your income, but you *can* give an average of 10.67% of your cap across the length of the contract to one player.  Especially if they are arguably the best at their position in the league.

Mack was tied for 15th in the league in sacks last year, though.  He is a great player, but he's not worth what he got, especially when you consider the draft picks the Bears were forced to give up to get him.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 05:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: Mack was tied for 15th in the league in sacks last year, though.  He is a great player, but he's not worth what he got, especially when you consider the draft picks the Bears were forced to give up to get him.

What's even more funny, is that my two friends that happen to be Bears fans are celebrating like they just got Lawrence Taylor.  I tried to remind them about that crippling contract, and the loss of consecutive 1st round picks having a negative impact on their future.  Their response?  We don't care, we're going all the way this year or next.  It'll be worth it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 04:17 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Rucker and Lemur? Are you guys shitting me?

Rucker is the one that really surprised me. I had to look it up to see how old he is (almost 35).

(09-03-2018, 05:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: Mack was tied for 15th in the league in sacks last year, though.  He is a great player, but he's not worth what he got, especially when you consider the draft picks the Bears were forced to give up to get him.

In all, the Bears gave a pair of 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder and $141 million over 6 years.

It was a move to generate (casual) fan excitement, but it wasn't a smart move from a team standpoint, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 05:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's even more funny, is that my two friends that happen to be Bears fans are celebrating like they just got Lawrence Taylor.  I tried to remind them about that crippling contract, and the loss of consecutive 1st round picks having a negative impact on their future.  Their response?  We don't care, we're going all the way this year or next.  It'll be worth it.

Allen Robinson y'all...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote