Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Ravens Suck
(05-23-2015, 04:42 AM)E.A. Poe Wrote: I guess you have reading comprehension probs yourself. It's pretty obvious I acknowledged your assertion that the Ravens "didn't look good", but then I went on to disagree with you. It's all there if you need to read it again.

The fun part of knowing you watched the Ravens lose to the Patriots is the fact that you had no choice but to watch the game... along with your team...because they were demolished in their own house. Was it a long ride home?

The good part was being at the game and seeing it wasn't them being demolished.

But no, not really. You got the sense of how bad the Steelers were within the first couple series and never felt they had it in them to win.

I'm as vocal fan during games as they come and even I wasn't yelling and screaming. There was no air in them at all.

And the Ravens looked bad too. Other than a long DPI they played just above average most of the game. They got lucky to catch the Steelers down and without their starting RB this time to cover up their own struggles.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 01:37 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: See last years results. Ravens were the last team standing, demolished your team in it's own stadium and the Bengals were just as much of a joke. Since we are in a smack talk forum that centers around our teams, the Raven fans got to chat up the best smack talk of the season, i.e., when you no longer had a dog in the fight, because both of your teams were sitting at home. Therefore, thus more and futher more, Raven fans won the smack talk game. You lose.

The Ravens are going to do it again this year as well. I know, I know, "What's the big deal?" you ask, "It happens every year". Exactly! What also happens every year is Steelers and Bengals fans pumping themselves up all season with the endless smack talk only to find themselves eating their own words. You guys are perpetual smack talk losers. It pays to be Ravens fan.

YOU and your teams haven't "won a thing" in quite some time. This thread should be renamed as " The Steelers and Bengals Suck".

You and your deflections. We are discussing you and your ineptitude and how it manifests itself through your need to hijack your teams success as your own. Smack is not won by the team one roots for, this is fundamentally why you have, and will continue to bite ankles around here. You want Flacco to throw a DPI to you so you can feel like you did something. Sadly that dude probably thinks you suck too.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 10:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: The good part was being at the game and seeing it wasn't them being demolished.  

But no, not really.  You got the snese of how bad the Steelers were within the first couple series and never felt they had it in them to win.

I'm as vocal fan during games as they come and even I wasn't yelling and screaming.  There was no air in them at all.

And the Ravens looked bad too.  Other than a long DPI they played just above average most of the game.  They got lucky to catch the Steelers down and without their starting RB this time to cover up their own struggles.

Honestly, I thought Bell was the difference in that game. His going down turned that from a game the Steelers should have won to a game where I thought they had a slim chance of winning. Give the Ravens credit, as they suffered through a lot of injuries during the season, way more than the Steelers, in fact. However, Pittsburgh has shown before with Heath Miller that one injury to a key offensive player sends that unit into a total tailspin. The Steelers aren't deep enough anymore where they can just plug in the next man up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yinz ketchup eating blumpkins still trying to tell us how that loss at home in the playoffs wasn't as bad as it really was?

Steelers suck, bros. Ravens, baby.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bell had 59 yards rushing in the 1st matchup in a 29 point loss

Bell had 20 yards rushing in the 2nd matchup. In a 20 point win Ben killed the Ravens with 6 TDs.

Bell would NOT have been a difference maker.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 10:34 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Bell had 59 yards rushing in the 1st matchup in a 29 point loss

Bell had 20 yards rushing in the 2nd matchup. In a 20 point win Ben killed the Ravens with 6 TDs.

It's not like we had the #4 rushing D last season or anything...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 09:03 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's not like we had the #4 rushing D last season or anything...

I guess that means E.A Poe can stop runaway locomotives with his bare hands. Winning.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2015, 10:34 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Bell had 59 yards rushing in the 1st matchup in a 29 point loss

You can't compare a week 2 game to a playoff game. The Steelers no-huddle attack didn't come to life until after the Cleveland game. We would field Brown, Bryant, Bell, Miller and Speath (sometimes Wheaton instead of Speath) and line up in whatever formation gave us the best mis-match. We could pass with 5 wide and Ben in shotgun or run up the middle in an I-formation with the same 5 skill players. That's the offense that put up 6 TDs on you guys. The loss of Bell destroyed that. Not only could no other back on the roster line up at receiver and allow us to effectively run a no huddle, no other back on the roster was even a threat to run. The Ravens knew the Steelers had to pass and the Steelers had to do it with a practice squad power back and Matt Speath as 40% of our eligible receivers.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 10:06 AM)6andcounting Wrote: You can't compare a week 2 game to a playoff game. The Steelers no-huddle attack didn't come to life until after the Cleveland game. We would field Brown, Bryant, Bell, Miller and Speath (sometimes Wheaton instead of Speath) and line up in whatever formation gave us the best mis-match. We could pass with 5 wide and Ben in shotgun or run up the middle in an I-formation with the same 5 skill players. That's the offense that put up 6 TDs on you guys. The loss of Bell destroyed that. Not only could no other back on the roster line up at receiver and allow us to effectively run a no huddle, no other back on the roster was even a threat to run. The Ravens knew the Steelers had to pass and the Steelers had to do it with a practice squad power back and Matt Speath as 40% of our eligible receivers.

Of course injuries MAY have an impact, but you play with who is available. Ravens had what, 18 on IR going into this game? Turnovers and putting Ben on his back was the difference.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 10:00 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I guess that means E.A Poe can stop runaway locomotives with his bare hands.  Winning.

He could probably stop one with his breath.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 10:49 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Of course injuries MAY have an impact, but you play with who is available. Ravens had what, 18 on IR going into this game? Turnovers and putting Ben on his back was the difference.

Correct, but that supports my point that it was much easier to sack Ben and force turnovers facing a one-dimensional offense with limited match-up opportunities.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 04:25 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Correct, but that supports my point

No it supports you're still butt hurt.

(05-27-2015, 04:25 PM)6andcounting Wrote: that it was much easier to sack Ben and force turnovers facing a one-dimensional offense with limited math-up opportunities.

To say the only reason they lost was because of an injury to ONE player. I guess Bell was the O-Line and if Bell was there Ben and Miller wouldn't have gotten knocked the F out. :snark:
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 04:57 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: No it supports you're still butt hurt.

To say the only reason they lost was because of an injury to ONE player. I guess Bell was the O-Line and if Bell was there Ben and Miller wouldn't have gotten knocked the F out. :snark:

I never said that's the only reason why they lost. I said that replacing Bell with with a traffic cone prevented us from running the no-huddle that slaughtered the Ravens in the previous match-up. The Steelers would have lost by 30 to the Patriots with Bell at 100%, not to mention Bell didn't even begin jogging at full speed until after the Super Bowl, so I'm not sure why you think I'm butthurt. Because right now I'm sure you're round 2 loss feels any different than our round 1 loss. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 04:57 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: No it supports you're still butt hurt.

Oh, come on. It wasn't the only reason for the loss, but no one here can deny the benefit establishing a run game, any sort of run game, can have on the pass block for the o-line. It allows them to not only get a break from blocking the pass rush, but also keeps the defense guessing more. When there is no run game, and the defense knows it, it is all pass rush all the time and it wears down the o-line like no other.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 10:58 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, come on. It wasn't the only reason for the loss, but no one here can deny the benefit establishing a run game, any sort of run game, can have on the pass block for the o-line. It allows them to not only get a break from blocking the pass rush, but also keeps the defense guessing more. When there is no run game, and the defense knows it, it is all pass rush all the time and it wears down the o-line like no other.

Touche' Then no one here can deny that the Ravens had NO SECONDARY, any sort of secondary. Ben shouldve threw 8 TDs.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 12:57 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Touche' Then no one here can deny that the Ravens had NO SECONDARY, any sort of secondary. Ben shouldve threw 8 TDs.

I don't know much about the Ravens secondary or how the game was impacted by it. I was just responding to your post seemingly ignoring the impact of a decent backfield on the ability to withstand a pass rush.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Hmmm...I never said anything about injuries other than it was very fortunate for the Ravens that Bell was out. Just that you could "feel" the Steelers were never quite in it and the Ravens didn't look as good as Popo wants to claim.

Steelers were controlling the ball early. They came out running and after the early fumble they never seemed in sync at all.

Ben had 300 plus yards passing but they kicked field goals rather than score TD's....same problem they had early in the season. Including one called back (correctly...I think). And another late on a weak holding penalty. And they lost by 13. Heck in the 4th quarter they were down 5. Not exactly the Ravens stomping them. Suggs' interception on the tip was killer or it might have gotten more interesting.

But in Ravens lore it probably goes down with a Super Bowl win since they won IN Pittsburgh in the playoffs and, to quote Coach Smirk:

Quote:"That's Joe Flacco. The best quarterback in football. I'll take him every day of the week and twice on Sunday or Saturday night."

Smirk

Hey he didn't throw any killer interceptions...so that was good for him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 12:57 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Touche' Then no one here can deny that the Ravens had NO SECONDARY, any sort of secondary. Ben shouldve threw 8 TDs.

The Steelers had William Gay, Antwan Blake and Brice McCain at corner and an injured Polamalu got a courtesy after missing the previous two weeks and not practicing just because of who he is.  The Patriots wouldn't have had to run trick plays with Edelman or use a rulebook loophole to throw 4 TDs against that defense. Jimmy Garoppolo would have played the entire second half.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 10:30 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: [Image: 61820_super_bowl_trophies.jpg]

What does that say about the Bengals if Baltimore sucks?

What does it say about me when this makes me think about chrome boobies ?
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 07:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A playoff game. Bengals haven't done that since a decade before the kids I teach were born...

Meh. This is Dalton's year Confused

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote