Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Pretty much what got me into The chili peppers.

Finding them on YouTube gave me goose bumps.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 02:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You can say they mainstreamed as they went along.   But their sound was just so unique.    So a little mainstream didnt hurt them in my mind at all .   No other band had their sound.  Or their message.
Yeah I can agree with that, initially I was disappointed with their albums after BSSM, but I've learned to enjoy them.  I really like "Stadium Arcadium"
(08-31-2015, 02:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Catholic school girls rule was my fav off freaky styley lol
Love It...listening to this album now.
(08-31-2015, 02:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Pretty much what got me into The chili peppers.  

Finding them on YouTube gave me goose bumps.  

Love that album....Think I was in like 8th grade when it came out. The album that popped my cherry on the Peppers.

Have you read the book "Scar Tissue" yet?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 01:49 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm literally shocked, we don't really talk much, but I always figured you were a country fan based on your sig.

Rock On

I am a huge country fan. I like all kinds of music. Kenny Chesney is my favorite musician and RHP is my favorite band!  ThumbsUp
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Also, has anyone listened to the album "Song About Jane" by Maroon 5? A very underrated album. These guys actually produced decent music before they went mainstream.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 03:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am a huge country fan. I like all kinds of music. Kenny Chesney is my favorite musician and RHP is my favorite band!  ThumbsUp

Interesting.  Honestly when it comes to country, I prefer Cash and Willie, though I admit I haven't really listened to Chesney.  I'll have to check him out.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of "Freaky Styley"

How about some Clinton and some P-Funk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiTh8BQ4oVU
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 03:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also, has anyone listened to the album "Song About Jane" by Maroon 5? A very underrated album. These guys actually produced decent music before they went mainstream.

I am a casual fan of Maroon 5, but I don't think I've heard that album.  I'll have to check that out as well.
Reply/Quote
**** em just to see the look on their face....

I really like the Peppers. They were my favorite band when I was in high school.  I saw them in 1991 at the Cincy Gardens and they couldn't fill the place.  The stage was in the middle of the floor so it seemed more like a theater show.  I've seen them since, but that show was the best.  They were an explosion of energy back then.  Smashing Pumpkins and some band called Pearl Jam (6 months later they were the biggest band in the world) opened that show.

Unfortunately in my opinion, they've never been able to adequately replace John Frusciante either time that he quit.  His playing is great, and I love his shitty (so shitty that it's good) vocals.

Brandy....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMzA0g28Ue4
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Saw them during the Californication tour at Assembly Hall in Bloomington. Foo Fighters were the opening act.
Reply/Quote
I'm a huge Chili Pepper fan. Stadium Arcadium is one of my favorites.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 07:30 PM)jason Wrote: **** em just to see the look on their face....

I really like the Peppers. They were my favorite band when I was in high school.  I saw them in 1991 at the Cincy Gardens and they couldn't fill the place.  The stage was in the middle of the floor so it seemed more like a theater show.  I've seen them since, but that show was the best.  They were an explosion of energy back then.  Smashing Pumpkins and some band called Pearl Jam (6 months later they were the biggest band in the world) opened that show.

Unfortunately in my opinion, they've never been able to adequately replace John Frusciante either time that he quit.  His playing is great, and I love his shitty (so shitty that it's good) vocals.

Yea I'm not really a fan of the new guy.   The only two guitarists that belong in the peppers IMO is Hillel and John.  That being said I'm trying to keep an open mind about it, considering that the line up has changed so many times.  Has anyone else read "Scar Tissue" by Anthony?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 07:30 PM)jason Wrote: **** em just to see the look on their face....

Reply/Quote

-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 01:58 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote:

That "Don't forget me" video is one of favorites.  +rep
Reply/Quote
I really like this version of "Can't Stop".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKp0uwiD6uc
Reply/Quote
Slightly off the topic, but did anybody else really like Fishbone?  I bring them up because they were really tight with RHCP with and Jane's Addiction back in the 80s and 90s.  Pretty sure there is a member or two on that Idiots Rule (Jane's song) with Flea on the horns.  Maybe on Taste the Pain too...  There were probably 67 members of Fishbone.  Here they are if anybody isn't familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK640dPPhXE
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I liked Scar tissue by them. Under the bridge is one of the best songs of all time. Soul to Squeeze came out around the same time. Loved that tune.
Reply/Quote

I was at that show.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 03:10 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Yeah I can agree with that, initially I was disappointed with their albums after BSSM, but I've learned to enjoy them.  I really like "Stadium Arcadium"
Love It...listening to this album now.

Love that album....Think I was in like 8th grade when it came out. The album that popped my cherry on the Peppers.

Have you read the book "Scar Tissue" yet?

I have not read that book. But just put it on my list.
Reply/Quote
Not my favorite band, although BSSM is among my favorite albums by anyone.
I just wasn't captivated by their other albums in the same way.

Reply/Quote