Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Redneck Riviera
After pretty much quarantining since March I've got cabin fever. I've been all over the world and some of the finest beaches in the world. However, I've never been to the stretch of beach along the FLA panhandle and LA (Lower Alabama). Has anyone been and if so where do you recommend.

I don't need a tourist attraction, just something kinda quiet where I can put my feet in the sand
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://benning.armymwr.com/programs/destin-army-recreation-area
Reply/Quote
Never been to that area. Been to St Pete, Tampa, Clearwater area multiple times. I know the Alabama, Florida panhandle region kind of had a rough hurricane season. I would expect things are close to normal but you may want to double check. A lady I worked with many years ago spoke highly of Destin.
Reply/Quote
I have never been to Destin, but I know a couple who go there all the time. They call it the Redneck Riviera, but they are much more the Riviera type than redneck. So I am sure there are some real nice accomodations there.
Reply/Quote
Looking at a similar trip for the wife & myself.
Reply/Quote
I didn't make it to the actual coast, but I had to go to Mobile, AL one day for work. Everyone I talked to talked about the incredible beaches near by. I later found photos of some of the nearby areas, and it was truly beautiful...
Reply/Quote