Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Redo The Draft Game
Your boy bfine always looks for ways to keep the board interesting during the off-season. We currently have the first RD mock going on and we are about to get the Official Bengal Board Mock draft kicked into high gear. So I will propose a draft related game to spark interst (Folks can only do so many mocks;

Go back in your McFly mobile and redo any draft in the Marvin Lewis Era (2003-2105). The only rule is the pick that gets replace must be +/- 15 picks from the original pick, For instance if we had the 20th pick, the replacement must be between 6- 35, 7th Rounder can include anyone not drafted. For instance in 2015 you might want to take a chance on La'el Collins in the 7th. You cannot keep an actual Bengal draft pick (No Geno's)Let's see who can come up with the best. I'll try to get one out shortly.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 09:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your boy bfine always looks for ways to keep the board interesting during the off-season. We currently have the first RD mock going on and we are about to get the Official Bengal Board Mock draft kicked into high gear. So I will propose a draft related game to spark interst (Folks can only do so many mocks;

Go back in your McFly mobile and redo any draft in the Marvin Lewis Era (2003-2105). The only rule is the pick that gets replace must be +/- 15 picks from the original pick, For instance if we had the 20th pick, the replacement must be between 6- 35, 7th Rounder can include anyone not drafted. For instance in 2015 you might want to take a chance on La'el Collins in the 7th. Let's see who can come up with the best. I'll try to get one out shortly.

Is that really fair for 1st rounders if they were never even in play?
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 09:35 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Is that really fair for 1st rounders if they were never even in play?

Makes sense. New rule: First rounder (only) must come after our first pick and before our second.

Here is my effort to save us from the 2008 mess:

RD 1 Keith Rivers/LB Chris Johnson/ RB
RD 2 Jerome Simpson/WR DeShawn Jackson/WR
RD 3 Pat Sims/ DT Cliff Avril/DE
RD 3 Andrew Caldwell/WR Dwight Lowery/S
RD 4 Anthony Collins/OT Red Bryant/DT
RD 5 Jason Shirley/DT Gary Barnidge/TE
RD 6 Cory Lynch/S Josh Morgan/ WR  
RD 6 Matt Sherry/TE Matt Flynn/QB
RD 7 Angelo Craig/DE Wesley Woodyard/LB
RD 7 Mario Urrutia/WR Marcel Reece/FB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

1. Alex Mack
2. Brian Cushing
3. Phil Loadholt
3.Louis Vasquez
4. Brian Hartline
5. Kevin Huber
6. Cedric Peerman
6. Demitrius Byrd
7. See how
7. Ridiculous all these
7. comp picks that the team hoards are?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hell I'll redo last year

1. La'el Collins - OT
2. Tyler Lockett - WR
3. Henry Anderson - DL
3. Grady Jarrett - DT
4. Stefon Diggs - WR
4. Adrian Amos - S
5. Jesse James - TE 
6. Quandre Diggs - CB
7. Tre McBride - WR
Reply/Quote
1 Chandler Jones DE
1 Derek Wolfe DT
2 Kelechi Osemele G
3 Russell Wilson QB
3 Malik Jackson DL
4 Josh Norman CB
5 Marvin Jones WR Move up a pick Took the next two after we took Shaun Prater in the 5th
5 George Iloka (Couldn't resist) S Up a pick
5 Danny Trevathan LB
6 Rishard Matthews WR

Shew WEE
Reply/Quote

1 A. Green WR 1 J. Jones WR
2 A. Dalton QB 2 M. Wilkerson DT
3 D. Moach LB 3 J. Houston DE
4 C. Boling OG 4 J. Barksdale OT/G
5 R. Sands S 5 J. Thomas TE
6 R. Whalen WR 6 R. Sherman CB
7 K. Lindsey CB 7 J. Kelce C
7 J. Finley RB 7 D. Baldwin WR
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 02:45 PM)In the Valley Wrote:

1 A. Green WR 1 J. Jones WR
2 A. Dalton QB 2 M. Wilkerson DT
3 D. Moach LB 3 J. Houston DE
4 C. Boling OG 4 J. Barksdale OT/G
5 R. Sands S 5 J. Thomas TE
6 R. Whalen WR 6 R. Sherman CB
7 K. Lindsey CB 7 J. Kelce C
7 J. Finley RB 7 D. Baldwin WR

that's pretty good
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 02:45 PM)In the Valley Wrote:

1 A. Green WR 1 J. Jones   WR
2 A. Dalton QB 2 M. Wilkerson  DT
3 D. Moach LB 3 J. Houston   DE
4 C. Boling OG 4 J. Barksdale   OT/G
5 R. Sands S 5 J. Thomas   TE
6 R. Whalen WR 6 R. Sherman   CB
7 K. Lindsey CB 7 J. Kelce    C
7 J. Finley RB 7 D. Baldwin   WR

So. you would take Julio over A.J. Green, and you neglected the fact that the team has no starting QB. seems legit.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 12:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So. you would take Julio over A.J. Green, and you neglected the fact that the team has no starting QB. seems legit.

Well according to the rules of the game you can't pick the player we actually picked and you can't pick a player who was off the board at the time of our pick in the first round. So for this Re-draft, Julio is just as good of an option, and the only other QB worth taking is Cam, and he was already gone. 

I would've  taken the talent and went full rebuild. Brought in a Vet QB, leaned on the D and played out the year and got a guy the following year. 
Reply/Quote
For 2010:

Our Draft:

1 J. Gresham TE
2 C. Dunlap DE
3 J. Shipley WR
3 B. Ghee CB
4 G. Atkins DT
4 R. Muckelory LB
5 O. Hudson G
6 D. Briscoe WR
7 R. Stephens C

Re-Draft

1 D. Bryant WR/Dallas
2 R. Gronkowski TE/Patriots
3 N. Bowman LB/Niners
3 E. Sanders WR/Denver
4 W. Thurmond CB/Seahawks
4 K. Chancellor S/ Seahawks
5 G. Hardy DE/ Cowboys
6 A. Brown WR/Squealers
7 J. Galette DE/Saints

Hate getting rid of Dunlap and Geno. I even thought about taking Gronk with our first pick and taking L. Joseph with our second pick to make up for the loss at DT. But a WR fleet with Bryant, Sanders, and Brown would just be awesome.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 02:37 PM)In the Valley Wrote: Well according to the rules of the game you can't pick the player we actually picked and you can't pick a player who was off the board at the time of our pick in the first round. So for this Re-draft, Julio is just as good of an option, and the only other QB worth taking is Cam, and he was already gone. 

I would've  taken the talent and went full rebuild. Brought in a Vet QB, leaned on the D and played out the year and got a guy the following year. 

Ah missed the part about not redrafting players we drafted.

Still, no QB!? Would have been rough I would think.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 06:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ah missed the part about not redrafting players we drafted.

Still, no QB!? Would have been rough I would think.

The duo of Jordan Palmer and Bruce Gradkowski would've led us to Andrew Luck.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote