Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Reds journey in the MLB Dream Bracket
I'm getting desperate for reading baseball stats that I'll dig through video game simulation stats.

Here's the first matchup in the round of 32.
[Image: unugnrbowtic7qawjrwf.jpg]

[Image: v6bmspe8pr8kjv7k0jj4.jpg]

[Image: y3ninzgzkuzigjzmt5zv.jpg]

[Image: axkjf9tyr1zcqrz10m7l.jpg]

[Image: qn3tohi8vjkls0fptlzz.jpg]

[Image: kmjl5kaqb0k1j2hzy4u4.jpg]

[Image: qpro4npvvj1pe2z8lhfd.jpg]
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Here's the round of 16
[Image: kiolplhjgcftesot4snz.jpg]

[Image: fsbffqp6qql1clqtnwxn.jpg]

[Image: mzivf6jabj4swg93bphf.jpg]

[Image: rdxly5lfpnhxlavu9pln.jpg]

[Image: quwg6b0j92ojz4oaccxm.jpg]

[Image: mryes2g6jecucezkuhkt.jpg]
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Quarterfinals
[Image: faibdy239thvwqosfw4s.jpg]

[Image: bxtmbkk08viqsmjm1vjq.jpg]

[Image: dmvoekez43rhgxofx4kx.jpg]

[Image: s28t9qiiyk2wik1hwb3e.jpg]

[Image: yrdw2zcrtur6o8vninb2.jpg]

[Image: oijjdtzwo7grzswyzler.jpg]

[Image: dvd8fykjfqiyre91efze.jpg]
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Semifinals - National League Championships
[Image: srnchzjvx2f8jeeqqilu.jpg]

[Image: ep9gnlphis7oumcbnwfr.jpg]

[Image: wgk78l5goyi9injxun4k.jpg]

[Image: tcryhxedvxohba0mecsf.jpg]

[Image: pl53xumdhp6fhzmubafv.jpg]

[Image: akzovxidwtbvlfnclqf6.jpg]
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
I think this is really cool. On paper, the Reds have an all-time offensive lineup that can rival almost anyone, with the exception of the Yankees (perhaps). The starting pitching is a little shaky compared to others, but this simulation take only the 3 best statistical years of the players selected. I'll put 3 years of guys like Rijo, Cueto, and Soto against 3 year samples of a lot of HOFers who just managed to do it for a longer period of time.

Either way, I'll take a bullpen of Charlton, Dibble, Myers, Franco, and Chapman over just about any other I can come up with. If the starter managed to get to the 6th inning, you're in good shape with that group.

I also don't think they did the rotation justice by leaving out the guy that was likely the best pitcher they've ever had, Bucky Walters. If the Cy Young award existed in his era, he could make compelling cases for deserving at least 3.
Reply/Quote
They’ve got Larkin as the 9th hitter. You basically have 5 OBP guys in a row capable of leading off and having decent power in Davis, Larkin, Rose, Morgan and Votto. Then you have 4 40 Hrs 120 RBI guys in the lineup with a 5th on the bench. There’s good defense with I’m guessing 5 or 6 gold glovers and enough speed with Morgan, Davis and Larkin. If it’s career players and not a 3 year, the team isn’t as tough but the layout plays right to the Reds strengths. There’s more than a handful of MVP seasons in there too.
Reply/Quote
Day 1 of the finals has concluded with each team winning 2 games. The series concludes tomorrow with game 5 in Cincy and game 6 and 7 if 7 is necessary in NY.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
And what a shocker Yankees win series 4-3. Game 7 was a joke. Charlton comes in in the bottom of 6 with a 6-5 lead and somehow walks 4 out of 5 batters. Don't ever remember him doing that in a real game. Then Franco comes in and gets lit up. They had to do whatever to make sure the Yankees won no matter how silly and unrealistic.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 05:55 PM)cinci4life Wrote: And what a shocker Yankees win series 4-3. Game 7 was a joke. Charlton comes in in the bottom of 6 with a 6-5 lead and somehow walks 4 out of 5 batters. Don't ever remember him doing that in a real game. Then Franco comes in and gets lit up. They had to do whatever to make sure the Yankees won no matter how silly and unrealistic.

You don’t think Captain Hook would let a guy walk 4 guys in an inning in the biggest game of the season? Me either!
Reply/Quote