Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Reds should ask for a few extra Split Squad games early in Spring Training
Because both the Grapefruit and Cactus Leagues have 15 teams, one SS is needed every full day except when teams have a scheduled off day. I wouldn't try to overload the pitching staff, I would invite a few more minor league pitchers before they start whittling down the rosters.

I want the hitters to see more at bats more than anything else. They always say that the pitchers are ahead of the hitters in the early part of the season, I feel that this approach may help combat some of that.

Thoughts?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 12:19 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Because both the Grapefruit and Cactus Leagues have 15 teams, one SS is needed every full day except when teams have a scheduled off day. I wouldn't try to overload the pitching staff, I would invite a few more minor league pitchers before they start whittling down the rosters.

I want the hitters to see more at bats more than anything else. They always say that the pitchers are ahead of the hitters in the early part of the season, I feel that this approach may help combat some of that.

Thoughts?

Agree, we have several hitters struggling. Aquino can use all the help he can get ! He has like 1 hit in 15 at bats or something with 7 strike outs. And there are several others. Wouldn't hurt Aikiyama to get some more looks either.

I really don't wanna start off in April 0-8 with a team batting avg. of a buck twenty three, again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m guessing that there’s some kinda league/union agreed upon formula that also helps ease the players in physically. They’ve had years to get the formula that works the best. The fans would obviously love to see more AB’s but there’s probably things that factor in that we don’t know.
Reply/Quote
I figure they're either gonna hit or they're not gonna hit. A handful of at bats in ST isn't necessarily going to change all that. Schebler came out of the gates last ST hitting like a man on fire until the regular season started then went straight to the shitter the rest of the season. Those ST games might help or they may get someone injured trying too hard to impress.. Too difficult to predict.. If there's one player I'd kind of like to see get keyed in early it would have to be Votto, but I haven't seen him much in ST games yet. He might be just trying to get keyed in from bullpen pitches.. I don't know..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote