Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Defenders Pass Completion Allowed Percentages
(12-08-2020, 10:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Thanks for posting that. It does matter and it shows he's doing really well among his rookie peers.

He is, and in fact, he is doing pretty well in general. He is playing better than board favorite free agents from this offseason like Joe Schobert (53.3) and Corey Littleton (39.5). Looking at it, he has literally been the best option we had in Free Agency or the draft all things considered so it appears we got that one right. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: Rookie Stack LB ratings on PFF

Patrick Queen- 22
Kenneth Murray- 52
Jordyn Brooks- 43.9
Willie Gay- 53.6
Logan Wilson- 55.4
Jacob Phillips- 44.2
Mallik Harrison- 51.3
Akeem Davis-Gaither- 44.5

...context matters.

Wow.  Good stuff.  Queen a 22?  

Brooks isn't playing much at Seattle, which is surprising given their struggles on defense.  This is what is so encouraging about Wilson (and ADG did make one nice play that stood out at the goal line against Miami where he flashed his speed...but did also have a massive WHIFF on Tua on an unblocked blitz).  He has been getting a lot of playing time and valuable experience.  

Willie Gay has barely played at all, either, but of course he is on a very talented Chiefs team.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I know that Center isn't the issue as Guard, but what are your thoughts on Hopkins? He was a vast upgrade to Price at Center, but I think he's below average overall.

We have way bigger needs though.

To be fair to Hopkins, I think he struggles because of the play of the guys next to him.  He has only allowed one sack this season (I thought he gave one up Sunday, so it could be 2 now if that isn't updated) and 3 penalties.  He isn't dominant but he is at least solid.  

Offensive line is the one position grouping that you really need 5.  If you have one really weak spot, it is hard to cover up.  Does that mean I wouldn't draft a really highly rated player that has experience at both guard and center to compete? Nope.  Competition improves the breed.  Always.  I can't stand Pete "teflon" Carroll but one thing I respect about him is he creates competition at every position group and he will play the guy he feels is the best, regardless of draft position.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote