Blount 12%
Lat.Murray 15%
Stewart 17%
Ingram 17%
Bell 17%
J.Hill 17%
Jennings 17%

Both Bengals RBs are among the league's lowest "stuff" %
Meaning they aren't exactly getting lit up at the LOS and they are having chances to do damage on the ground.

This lends itself to the problem of Hill not seeing the holes well and doing what he has done in the past to turn the 4-5 yarders into big runs. He isn't running with conviction. He's hesitant. Whereas Gio is hitting the hole fast and making his move to get into space. He's seeing things better than Hill.

The other big issue is Ryan Hewitt. Hewitt isn't blocking as well as he was last year and quite frankly, with the offense working better out of the 11 personnel than any other formation this year Hewitt just isn't getting the reps either. Does that really have a big factor in it? It does when you notice how much more Hill likes to follow the FB and run good old fashioned power football. He thrives on it.

Right now, Gio fits the offense better. He offers more as a receiver and as a lone back. But they seem to be very cautious about putting too much on him and having him wear down come December and January.

What this ends up meaning is come the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a second gear to hit when it comes to the run game people seem worried about.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 03:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: What this ends up meaning is come the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a second gear to hit when it comes to the run game people seem worried about.

Hill is not injured.  He still has the same skill set he had last year when he was so productive.  His problem is fixable, and if we can fix it then it will make a world of difference.
Reply/Quote
He's just not hitting the hole anywhere near as hard as he did last year. Think the fumbles are on his mind. That and as mentioned, the scheme really isn't his friend atm.

Reply/Quote
Crap, I hate it when facts get in the way of a good delusion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bernard is probably one of the shortest routes to gain a yard, where we saw Hill goes much farther in his 1 yard gain (dancing). Rawls is a beast. I think both of our RBs are doing the best they can in the block game but they're not perfect.

I think Gio is performing at 100% his maximum, there isn't much more we can ask out of him. I hope to see Hill kick a notch in the playoffs when he's needed, every play counts.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 04:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hill is not injured.  He still has the same skill set he had last year when he was so productive.  His problem is fixable, and if we can fix it then it will make a world of difference.

Not sure what that has to with what you quoted. I don't think anyone suggested Hill was hurt. 
Reply/Quote
I think (hope) Hill is a volume runner. Have we fed him 20+ yet to see if he heats up late in a game. That's all I got as to what may be our run game whoas this season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Not sure what that has to with what you quoted. I don't think anyone suggested Hill was hurt. 

Someone said he just can't stop dancing, so perhaps he has disco fever.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Not sure what that has to with what you quoted. I don't think anyone suggested Hill was hurt. 

I was just explaining why I agreed with you.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think (hope) Hill is a volume runner. Have we fed him 20+ yet to see if he heats up late in a game. That's all I got as to what may be our run game whoas this season.

He had 19 carries against Oakland and that's his highest as of now.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:27 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He had 19 carries against Oakland and that's his highest as of now.

Exactly, and he can't get into a rhythm of hitting the holes when he's only getting spot carries or getting a bunch from the gun.  

We need to start handing him the ball consistently, let him hammer out first downs, and wait for him to break the big one.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly, and he can't get into a rhythm of hitting the holes when he's only getting spot carries or getting a bunch from the gun.  

We need to start handing him the ball consistently, let him hammer out first downs, and wait for him to break the big one.

Credit to Fred for posting this in a different thread:

a) Last year Hill averaged 4.8 yards per carry on carries 1-10 of each game, but only 3.5 on carries over 20.

b) Last year Hill averaged 6.6 yards per carry out of the shotgun formation.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly, and he can't get into a rhythm of hitting the holes when he's only getting spot carries or getting a bunch from the gun.  

Can't we just keep doing the stuff that made our offense good this year?  I wonder if the Patriots are sitting around wondering if they should hire T-Rich and jam the ball down his throat.

We're 8-2, Dalton has a 104 passer rating, 20 TDs to 5 INTs and people are complaining that we aren't retooling our offense to focus on Hill running for 3 yards per carry.
Reply/Quote
Last year, Hill was able to get by the 1st wave, and he was a mismatch to secondaries. He's just not getting through as much this year. It's almost stunning to look up and see the difference.

Jeremy's long run last year...85 yards
Jeremy's long run this year...15 yards
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 07:44 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Last year, Hill was able to get by the 1st wave, and he was a mismatch to secondaries.  He's just not getting through as much this year.  It's almost stunning to look up and see the difference.

Hill did better with more carries last year, and he did better with less carries last year.  He was just flat-out better last year.  Thems the breaks.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 07:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't we just keep doing the stuff that made our offense good this year?  I wonder if the Patriots are sitting around wondering if they should hire T-Rich and jam the ball down his throat.

We're 8-2, Dalton has a 104 passer rating, 20 TDs to 5 INTs and people are complaining that we aren't retooling our offense to focus on Hill running for 3 yards per carry.

Yeah people seem to forget we just put up 31 on the top 5 defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 07:44 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Last year, Hill was able to get by the 1st wave, and he was a mismatch to secondaries.  He's just not getting through as much this year.  It's almost stunning to look up and see the difference.

Could it be poor run blocking by the line? Maybe, since Hill takes longer to hit the hole than Gio. Right tackle is starting to become a problem.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 07:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't we just keep doing the stuff that made our offense good this year?  I wonder if the Patriots are sitting around wondering if they should hire T-Rich and jam the ball down his throat.

It's getting cold here in Cincinnati and in the AFCN in general, which makes the passing game a lot harder to make work, and makes the run game a lot more necessary.

Hill will average a lot more than 3 ypc if we give him the ball more with Andy under center and let him get into his rhythm.

The Pats had the most dominant offense of all-time and got beat by the Giants because the Giants knew they were one-dimensional and just brought the world on a pass rush.  Do you really think our offense is better than the '07 Pats?

It's because we're not giving him the ball enough to let him kick it into high-gear, and him running from the shotgun doesn't do much because he has to wait until Andy hands him the ball to take off.
Reply/Quote
Hill has picked up the BS juke. He tries to dance his ass through a hole whereas he used to just hit it hard. That's the difference with Hill. Makes me sick. Good back, but has some issues. Also, he needs to calm that temper down. His play Sunday was ridiculous. Gio on the other hand is as good as it gets. I hope your right when you say they are saving him for the playoffs because that dude has heart and passion. He's not all about the show boating bullshit. He wants to score and score again and plays every down hard. Plus, he learns the defenses on the field while he's running against them. Hills too much into himself to have his eyes that wide open.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's getting cold here in Cincinnati and in the AFCN in general, which makes the passing game a lot harder to make work, and makes the run game a lot more necessary.

Hill will average a lot more than 3 ypc if we give him the ball more with Andy under center and let him get into his rhythm.

The Pats had the most dominant offense of all-time and got beat by the Giants because the Giants knew they were one-dimensional and just brought the world on a pass rush.  Do you really think our offense is better than the '07 Pats?

It's because we're not giving him the ball enough to let him kick it into high-gear, and him running from the shotgun doesn't do much because he has to wait until Andy hands him the ball to take off.
Ahem:

Credit to Fred for posting this in a different thread:

a) Last year Hill averaged 4.8 yards per carry on carries 1-10 of each game, but only 3.5 on carries over 20.

b) Last year Hill averaged 6.6 yards per carry out of the shotgun formation.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote