Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Running game...
I am over the Burfict talk and am waiting to hear all the facts before judging the man or not. There are a lot of great moves
that have went on this Offseason i would prefer to talk about. Let the Burfict haters bash him in the other thread/threads...

Bringing in Frank Pollack and then trading for Cordy Glenn were two giant moves that i never thought would of happened.

If we bring in a top Center in the Draft and another RT for competition we have the RB's to really tear up Defenses. Pollack
coached the best run blocking O-line in football the last couple years and i believe that Mixon is a more talented back than
what he had over there even if i may get some hate for saying it.

I would like to see an O-line of this come the regular season....

LT - Cordy Glenn
LG - Clint Boling
C - Frank Ragnow/Billy Price/James Daniels
RG - Christian Westerman/Alex Redmond
RT - Jake Fisher/Rookie

If we can run the ball it will take Merv's poor halftime adjustments and game management out of the equation.
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile, Jeremy Hill is visiting the Patriots. Saying this for no other reason than to stir up discussion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:37 PM)snowy Wrote: Meanwhile, Jeremy Hill is visiting the Patriots. Saying this for no other reason than to stir up discussion.

Good for him.  He deserves to have a job.  Patriots lovin' ex-Bengals these days, huh?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:37 PM)snowy Wrote: Meanwhile, Jeremy Hill is visiting the Patriots. Saying this for no other reason than to stir up discussion.

Good stuff, hope he does well wherever he goes. But i like the guys we have. Mixon and Gio could be great behind a
decent O-line. The difference between the coaching style of PA and Pollack is night and day. PA was never good at
coaching up his guys in the run game.

(03-16-2018, 03:38 PM)McC Wrote: Good for him.  He deserves to have a job.  Patriots lovin' ex-Bengals these days, huh?

Yep, speaking of Hill i also liked what i saw out of Brian Hill in the Detroit game last season. I think he could be a good
3rd RB for us in case one of our main backs go down. He has nice size and burst and sees holes well, something i thought
Jeremy had some problems with.
Reply/Quote
Same here. The Bengals made a business decision and Hill made one right back. I hope it works out for everybody.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff, hope he does well wherever he goes. But i like the guys we have. Mixon and Gio could be great behind a
decent O-line. The difference between the coaching style of PA and Pollack is night and day. PA was never good at
coaching up his guys in the run game.

Yep, speaking of Hill i also liked what i saw out of Brian Hill in the Detroit game last season. I think he could be a good
3rd RB for us in case one of our main backs go down. He has nice size and burst and sees holes well, something i thought
Jeremy had some problems with.

Brian Hill looked damn good.   Maybe we don't even draft another back this year unless something too good to pass up falls into our lap.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am over the Burfict talk and am waiting to hear all the facts before judging the man or not. There are a lot of great moves
that have went on this Offseason i would prefer to talk about. Let the Burfict haters bash him in the other thread/threads...

Bringing in Frank Pollack and then trading for Cordy Glenn were two giant moves that i never thought would of happened.

If we bring in a top Center in the Draft and another RT for competition we have the RB's to really tear up Defenses. Pollack
coached the best run blocking O-line in football the last couple years and i believe that Mixon is a more talented back than

LT - Cordy Glenn
LG - Clint Boling
RT - Jake Fisher/Rookie

If we can run the ball it will take Merv's poor halftime adjustments and game management out of the equation.
Nate, you are 1 of the best posters on this board. We sure could use more like you!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:50 PM)McC Wrote: Brian Hill looked damn good.   Maybe we don't even draft another back this year unless something too good to pass up falls into our lap.

BH was hella good at Wyoming and the Falcons didn't like losing him. Shown in that game against NFL starters.

That wasn't Preseason, that was a team fighting for the Playoffs he ran all over.

Just hope that is not on Teryl Austin lol

Bet we take a late round RB anyways with three 7th round picks. Just doubt whoever the pick beats out BH.

(03-16-2018, 03:51 PM)RASCAL Wrote: Nate, you are 1 of the best posters on this board. We sure could use more like you!!!

Thanks brother, high praise. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am over the Burfict talk and am waiting to hear all the facts before judging the man or not. There are a lot of great moves

LT - Cordy Glenn
LG - Clint Boling
RT - Jake Fisher/Rookie

I like your vision of what the line could look like. We absolutely need to look at getting a center and another tackle early in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 06:13 PM)HuDey Wrote: I like your vision of what the line could look like. We absolutely need to look at getting a center and another tackle early in this draft.

Yeah and i still think Orlando Brown will fall to the 3rd or later after that Combine. We can grab him there.

He brought up a lot of questions with that pathetic performance.

A Draft like this would be ideal to me in the first 3 rounds...

1st round : Roquan Smith LB Georgia
2nd round : Billy Price C Ohio State
3rd round : Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma
3rd round comp : Orlando Brown RT Oklahoma
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we can run the ball it will take Merv's poor halftime adjustments and game management out of the equation.

I don't see that as being a problem.  When Lazor castrated Alexander, and took control of the running game, things already started turning around.  It's looking more and more like Marvin went to Lazor and asked, "Ok, what do you need in order to win?", because the chips have been falling in favor of the Bengals since.  Revamped coaching staff, with Coach Pollack being the shining gem, the addition of a proven LT, the appeared subtraction of Bodine, signing Eifert back to a team friendly deal.

A strong running game is definitely Andy's best friend.  If they get the right Center on board, I could see this offense averaging 30+ per game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Jeremy officially a patriot. They gave Burkhead an extension as well... Pretty much a complete ex-Bengal RB corps in New England
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't see that as being a problem.  When Lazor castrated Alexander, and took control of the running game, things already started turning around.  It's looking more and more like Marvin went to Lazor and asked, "Ok, what do you need in order to win?", because the chips have been falling in favor of the Bengals since.  Revamped coaching staff, with Coach Pollack being the shining gem, the addition of a proven LT, the appeared subtraction of Bodine, signing Eifert back to a team friendly deal.

A strong running game is definitely Andy's best friend.  If they get the right Center on board, I could see this offense averaging 30+ per game.

I just love this stuff Sunset. Castrating Alexander, Lazor having control, Coach Pollack, proven LT, subtraction of Bodine,
incentive laden Eifert contract, top tier Center in the Draft to help Andy and the run game, 30+ per game, damn. Mellow

Shocked Smirk Cool Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 08:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just love this stuff Sunset. Castrating Alexander, Lazor having control, Coach Pollack, proven LT, subtraction of Bodine,
incentive laden Eifert contract, top tier Center in the Draft to help Andy and the run game, 30+ per game, damn. Mellow

Shocked Smirk Cool Rock On

Yes, their truly is much to be optimistic about this year.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am over the Burfict talk and am waiting to hear all the facts before judging the man or not. There are a lot of great moves

LT - Cordy Glenn
LG - Clint Boling
RT - Jake Fisher/Rookie

Maybe even a McGlinchey at RT. Am I getting greedy? Do I care?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 08:05 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Jeremy officially a patriot. They gave Burkhead an extension as well... Pretty much a complete ex-Bengal RB corps in New England

They love ex-Bengal RB’s... Dillon....
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 08:05 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Jeremy officially a patriot. They gave Burkhead an extension as well... Pretty much a complete ex-Bengal RB corps in New England

(03-16-2018, 08:47 PM)Takedown Wrote: They love ex-Bengal RB’s... Dillon....

What's with all the Patriots back slapping?  Screw those dudes, Dillon chose to leave of his own free will, Burkhead was the victim of a crowded roster, Hill just couldn't get the job done when it counted.  

If the Patriots get more mileage from them, more power to them!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's with all the Patriots back slapping?  Screw those dudes, Dillon chose to leave of his own free will, Burkhead was the victim of a crowded roster, Hill just couldn't get the job done when it counted.  

If the Patriots get more mileage from them, more power to them!

.... Wasn't patting the patriots back, merely stating a fact   Tongue

I'd rather drink bleach than give the patriots any sort of praise  Mellow
Reply/Quote

LT - Cordy Glenn
LG - Clint Boling
RT - Jake Fisher/Rookie

I'm really hoping we just draft the starting RT. Fisher has yet to play even average.

Reply/Quote
I'm all for fixing the O-line all at once.

Give me a trade down in the first round or a trade up from the 2nd round into the late first round for the following:

LT - Glenn
LG - Boling
C - Price
RG - Hernandez
RT - Fisher

I'd "go to war" with what we have there.
Reply/Quote