Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Running game...
(03-16-2018, 07:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah and i still think Orlando Brown will fall to the 3rd or later after that Combine. We can grab him there.

He brought up a lot of questions with that pathetic performance.

A Draft like this would be ideal to me in the first 3 rounds...

1st round : Roquan Smith LB Georgia
2nd round : Billy Price C Ohio State
3rd round : Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma
3rd round comp : Orlando Brown RT Oklahoma

I've been thinking we might have to go center round 1. I feel like the top 2 will be gone by the time we pick in the second, but you never know.

My mock was the following:

1) James Daniels, C
2) Mike Gesicki, TE
3a) Arden Key, DE
3b) Alex Cappa, OT
4) Shaquem Griffen, Lb
5a) BJ Hill, DT
5b) Jamarcus King, CB

mock draft (link to my mock)

I used WalterFootball.com's mock, all of these guys were available when we pick, or very close to it.

Our biggest need by far is center, I think we should grab the 1st center in the draft at 21, then go Best Player Available the rest of the draft. 

I think our offensive line will look a lot better if we take a center in the 1st. Would love to grab a guard and/or tackle if one falls to us later too. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 01:48 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm all for fixing the O-line all at once.

Give me a trade down in the first round or a trade up from the 2nd round into the late first round for the following:

LT - Glenn
LG - Boling
C - Price
RG - Hernandez
RT - Fisher

I'd "go to war" with what we have there.

Love this! If we could nab Hernandez at 21, then trade up and get Price or Daniels I'd be pumped  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 09:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's with all the Patriots back slapping?  Screw those dudes, Dillon chose to leave of his own free will, Burkhead was the victim of a crowded roster, Hill just couldn't get the job done when it counted.  

If the Patriots get more mileage from them, more power to them!

Correct, more power to them. I think I'm just sour the Bengals can't take 'mediocre players' like the Pats can and turn them into all stars. Dillon was already good though. I hope Hill and Burkhead both get a ring, that doesn't bother me personally. It's the Bengals part of it that makes me ask "why...".
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Tra Carson will be back too. People seem to forget about him because he went on IR before the season started. I like him as a 3rd RB and core STer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 01:48 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm all for fixing the O-line all at once.

Give me a trade down in the first round or a trade up from the 2nd round into the late first round for the following:

LT - Glenn
LG - Boling
C - Price
RG - Hernandez
RT - Fisher

If you want to trade up from the second, Philly seems to be a club that might listen.  They are light on picks.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=phi
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 08:22 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Maybe even a McGlinchey at RT. Am I getting greedy? Do I care?

McGlinchey and Ragnow? I like that kind of greed. Smirk

(03-17-2018, 01:40 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm really hoping we just draft the starting RT. Fisher has yet to play even average.

Yeah, but i still have hope for him unlike Og with his a-fib problem and PA moving him all over the damn place his rookie year.

LT - Glenn
LG - Boling
C - Price
RG - Hernandez
RT - Fisher

I would definately like that if Fisher improves. :andy:
Reply/Quote
The OL really can't be much worse than last season, in fact, it should be much better! I think Mixon will have a great year.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 08:22 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Maybe even a McGlinchey at RT. Am I getting greedy? Do I care?

That's what I'm hoping for McGlinskey in the 1st, Price in the 2nd and playing guard with Ragnow with a 3rd and S Justin Reid with the other 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:38 PM)McC Wrote: Good for him.  He deserves to have a job.  Patriots lovin' ex-Bengals these days, huh?

It’s too bad cuz if Jeremy hill would know himself he was a back up running back it would be great to keep him for a contract consistent with his play but he still thinks he’s a 1000 yrd guy lol. Never liked him at LSU but good kid. Hopefully he does alright out there
Reply/Quote
I think folks are sleeping on the interior olineman from Auburn. IMO he'll be the 2nd best OG in the draft.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Price and Ragnow are my first two choices for Centers.

If Smith and Edmunds are gone (they probably will be) as well as Vea and Payne (Payne may be available) then I am fine with Hernandez at 21.

How about grabbing Mason Cole in the latter part of the draft as well? He can play Center and Tackle.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 02:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think folks are sleeping on the interior olineman from Auburn. IMO he'll be the 2nd best OG in the draft.

He had a solid combine.  Braden Smith could conceivably be a RT.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 11:20 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: It’s too bad cuz if Jeremy hill would know himself he was a back up running back it would be great to keep him for a contract consistent with his play but he still thinks he’s a 1000 yrd guy lol.  Never liked him at LSU but good kid.  Hopefully he does alright out there

Hill will have over 1000 yards for the Pats this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 02:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think folks are sleeping on the interior olineman from Auburn. IMO he'll be the 2nd best OG in the draft.

Just say his damn name man. Whatever

(03-18-2018, 02:56 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Price and Ragnow are my first two choices for Centers.

If Smith and Edmunds are gone (they probably will be) as well as Vea and Payne (Payne may be available) then I am fine with Hernandez at 21.

How about grabbing Mason Cole in the latter part of the draft as well? He can play Center and Tackle.

Agree completely and would love Cole in the middle rounds.

(03-18-2018, 03:05 PM)Goalpost Wrote: He had a solid combine.  Braden Smith could conceivably be a RT.

Thank you
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 03:38 PM)McC Wrote: Good for him.  He deserves to have a job.  Patriots lovin' ex-Bengals these days, huh?

They don't want the Bills to get all the Ex-Bengals. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 07:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah and i still think Orlando Brown will fall to the 3rd or later after that Combine. We can grab him there.

He brought up a lot of questions with that pathetic performance.

A Draft like this would be ideal to me in the first 3 rounds...

1st round : Roquan Smith LB Georgia
2nd round : Billy Price C Ohio State
3rd round : Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma
3rd round comp : Orlando Brown RT Oklahoma

I am not as big on Smith, but the other picks would be absolute steals in those spots.  I think they will go earlier, but I would sure take it!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not as big on Smith, but the other picks would be absolute steals in those spots.  I think they will go earlier, but I would sure take it!

We will see, good players fall every year for some reason.

I get surprised every draft with some guy falling that i did not expect.

Price is hurt and is a Center, they are usually not drafted very high.

Andrews is not a good blocker, Orlando had that terrible Combine etc.
Reply/Quote