Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Scott Sterling UDFA Award
Just for fun, wanted to post a thread where we could discuss/nominate which UDFA player is going to come in this season and get all the hype from Hobson or become the new fan favorite for potential to over-achieve.

I dub this the Scott Sterling Award, for being the man, the myth, the legend.

And if you aren't aware of who Scott Sterling is... no idea how that is possible but...

Treat yourself, to the original

And the epic follow-up:

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I vote for Thaddeus Moss. Even though he was a UDFA for another team last year.
Reply/Quote
This one is easy: Chris Evans. I mean, he plays Captain America!!! (Ok, that is a different Chris Evans, but still...)

In all sincerity, with roster spots at a premium on game day, I can't help but think Evans might end up being the steal of the draft and be RB3, Slot WR2, PR, and special teams demon.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 09:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This one is easy: Chris Evans. I mean, he plays Captain America!!! (Ok, that is a different Chris Evans, but still...)

In all sincerity, with roster spots at a premium on game day, I can't help but think Evans might end up being the steal of the draft and be RB3, Slot WR2, PR, and special teams demon.

Didn’t we draft Chris Evans?
Reply/Quote
yea, Evans was our 6th rounder...
my vote is Pookie Williams....like his tape, reminds me of Tarek Cohen and fills a need there for a quicker back
Reply/Quote
Probably the WR that ran the 4.28 (Jimmie Robinson).

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 02:14 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Just for fun, wanted to post a thread where we could discuss/nominate which UDFA player is going to come in this season and get all the hype from Hobson or become the new fan favorite for potential to over-achieve.

And if you aren't aware of who Scott Sterling is... no idea how that is possible but...

And the epic follow-up:

Omg, how have I missed this? Funny AF.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 02:14 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Just for fun, wanted to post a thread where we could discuss/nominate which UDFA player is going to come in this season and get all the hype from Hobson or become the new fan favorite for potential to over-achieve.

And the epic follow-up:

I don't recall Hobspin hyping free UDFA rookies, but our fans sure love to. The Moss signing already started getting hype, son of a hall of famer is likely why and also former Burrow TE.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna go a bit off the board and pick the guy we haven't signed yet: Damonte Coxie. I feel bad for the kid, he def deserves a camp invite from someone. Could be a good story.
Reply/Quote
Pooka Williams, I think Moss definitely makes the team but this guy is one fast sumbitch and can not only play RB
but WR and is a returner. Pooka also has great hands. I know we drafted Chris Evans but yeah, he will surprise peeps,
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 12:08 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Omg, how have I missed this? Funny AF.

I watched the Scott Sterling Goalie one many times but never saw the volleyball one, even funnier. Hilarious

Those are some funny damn Mormons, StudioC. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I watched the Scott Sterling Goalie one many times but never saw the volleyball one, even funnier. Hilarious

Those are some funny damn Mormons, StudioC. Smirk

I think the Volleyball one is the better of the two.

When the 3 spikes happen in a row of his prone body, and then they lift him up block.... just amazing.

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 12:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't recall Hobspin hyping free UDFA rookies, but our fans sure love to. The Moss signing already started getting hype, son of a hall of famer is likely why and also former Burrow TE.

Didn't he spend an off-season pimping Armon Binns?? I feel like that started with Hobs, and then spilled into the board heavily.

He was an All-Pro before preseason began... then... well we all saw what he really was.

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 03:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Didn't he spend an off-season pimping Armon Binns?? I feel like that started with Hobs, and then spilled into the board heavily.

He was an All-Pro before preseason began... then... well we all saw what he really was.

Yeah, Hobspin pimps UDFA's.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 09:19 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Didn’t we draft Chris Evans?

Oops...yes, he was a draft pick.  I am just really excited about the guy.  I don't see any UDFA that I think can make the roster, but the PS.  
Reply/Quote
BTW, my son is a goalie and I can't wait to show him that. The volleyball one is even funnier.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 03:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Didn't he spend an off-season pimping Armon Binns?? I feel like that started with Hobs, and then spilled into the board heavily.

Binns spent a year on our practice squad, the following year he was hyped, but was not a rookie.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 08:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Oops...yes, he was a draft pick.  I am just really excited about the guy.  I don't see any UDFA that I think can make the roster, but the PS.  

You don't think Thaddeus Moss makes the roster?
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You don't think Thaddeus Moss makes the roster?

I guess I don't think of him as an UDFA since he already had signed with another team, but you are correct, sir.   And I do believe Thad makes the team.  He fits very well with run blocking as his strength and just being a reliable pass catcher.  

This is going to sound funny, but I see him as Sample 2.0....only he isn't the new and improved version.  For whatever reason, Moss tested very poorly in a lot of athleticism measures.  Sample actually tested better, but they have similar strengths.  And perhaps Moss just didn't test well due to injury or fatigue from the long season.  I sure don't hold not getting on the field at Washington against him.  Offensively, that team was a disaster.  
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 07:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I guess I don't think of him as an UDFA since he already had signed with another team, but you are correct, sir.   And I do believe Thad makes the team.  He fits very well with run blocking as his strength and just being a reliable pass catcher.  

This is going to sound funny, but I see him as Sample 2.0....only he isn't the new and improved version.  For whatever reason, Moss tested very poorly in a lot of athleticism measures.  Sample actually tested better, but they have similar strengths.  And perhaps Moss just didn't test well due to injury or fatigue from the long season.  I sure don't hold not getting on the field at Washington against him.  Offensively, that team was a disaster.  

Well yeah, he was an UDFA signed by that weird ass Washington team a year ago so there is an asterisk to him.*

The injury definitely hindered Moss, really interested in seeing how he has progressed since.
Reply/Quote