Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Seahawks weren't good, we just recovered from our mistakes.
Perhaps this isn't a popular opinion, but alas...

Although we had to have an unprecedented comeback for these Bengals, this game should not have even been close.  We had stupid holding penalties that killed drives, fumbling issues, and forced throws in the 3rd quarter.  The Seahawks didn't play well at all, minus their RB.  The Seahawks played horrible defense 3/4 quarters.  Their offense was atrocious even without pressure in the first half.  My point is, almost every other team in the league would have capitalized on those mistakes and would have had the Bengals by their throats.  We almost gave this game away from our own mistakes, and in previous years it would have been a sure loss.

All teams are due for this type of game for at least a couple games a year.  This team showed today that they are special, by winning a game where they were making mistake after mistake against a perennial winner.  Super Bowl teams win games even when they don't play their best game, something the Bengals haven't done against a good team in a very long time.  I'm impressed, and I have no reason to believe that this can't be our year.  WHO DEY.  
Reply/Quote
Meh, they were running all over us with an UFA RB they had to throw in there and they capitalized on our stupid mistakes. Then again, they are 2-3 and that includes 1 win over the Jimmy Claussen-led Bears at home and another home win over the Lions that was a total farce.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Give us some credit. Gio, Andy, and all of the receivers made plays. Hue called a great game. Seattle played hard. Pete Carroll said it was hard coming out with a LOSS after playing their best football of the season.

The 2015 Bengals are playing very very well.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Well, we're still holding up tot he motto stuck to us. "They can beat any team .500 or below".
Current teams we've beaten are 8 wins 15 losses.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:00 AM)Shady Wrote: Give us some credit. Gio, Andy, and all of the receivers made plays. Hue called a great game. Seattle played hard. Pete Carroll said it was hard coming out with a LOSS after playing their best football of the season.

The 2015 Bengals are playing very very well.

Sure, but if we limited our mistakes, this is a blowout win. Seattle should have only scored 14 points on their own merit. We left at least 10 on the field. We could have put 37+ points on the board against their defense, so you can't say that they had a good day. Seattle did not play their best football of the year, not even close. They probably played their worst game of the season outside of their game vs Detroit.
Reply/Quote
Okay.

They were 2-2 coming into this game with a loss in overtime to a very solid Rams team that handed Arizona its first loss and another loss to the Packers who are 5-0.

Also the #2 Defense I think I heard the announcers kept referencing.

We beat a .500 team that lost 2 close games against quality opponents and came in with the #2 D in the NFL.

Maybe not the same Seahawks that won the Super Bowl but a team thats much better than your giving credit.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:03 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Well, we're still holding up tot he motto stuck to us. "They can beat any team .500 or below".

Well 5 of those losses are because they played us,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:05 AM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: Sure, but if we limited our mistakes, this is a blowout win. Seattle should have only scored 14 points on their own merit.  We left at least 10 on the field. We could have put 37+ points on the board against their defense, so you can't say that they had a good day.  Seattle did not play their best football of the year, not even close.  They probably played their worst game of the season outside of their game vs Detroit.

I'll agree that we didn't play our best, but we'd played good enough when it mattered most to get a W. I hope we continue getting better. We could have dominated them without our mistakes. I've said that after every game, though. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:05 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Okay.

They were 2-2 coming into this game with a loss in overtime to a very solid Rams team that handed Arizona its first loss and another loss to the Packers who are 5-0.

Also the #2 Defense I think I heard the announcers kept referencing.

We beat a .500 team that lost 2 close games against quality opponents and came in with the #2 D in the NFL.

Maybe not the same Seahawks that won the Super Bowl but a team thats much better than your giving credit.

I'm not saying Seattle is a bad team. They're good, and a dangerous team at that. I'm saying that we prevented just handing them the win. We started to make them earn it, and it was clear as day as to who was the dominate team.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:08 AM)Shady Wrote: I'll agree that we didn't play our best, but we'd played good enough when it mattered most to get a W. I hope we continue getting better. We could have dominated them without our mistakes. I've said that after every game, though. 

Practically no NFL game is mistake free, so we could go on all day with what-ifs. However, the ones we made were drastic and would be avoided 9/10 times by this team.

But I agree with you 100%. We should continue to be better, we have a team that has the potential to DOMINATE teams.
Reply/Quote
I think we are definitely better than the Seahawks. But there is no denying their winning mindset and they have one of the best defenses in the NFL, despite their record.
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:09 AM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: I'm not saying Seattle is a bad team.  They're good, and a dangerous team at that.  I'm saying that we prevented just handing them the win.  We started to make them earn it, and it was clear as day as to who was the dominate team.

Seattle is neither bad, nor good.  They have 2 wins and one was over a guy who had no business being a starting QB and the other was a loss the refs turned into a win.  Good teams don't have a 1-4 record with a big ol' asterisk for official help.
Reply/Quote
Was a heck of a game!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:08 AM)Shady Wrote:  I've said that after every game, though. 

This....yet its the NFL....shit happens. Blown coverage for the Kearse touchdown. And also Burkhead fumble was disgusting. Bengals shouldn't have made these mistakes yet they did. What is everyone saying these days? Hind site is 20/20....

We won. Im grateful...lets crush the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Seattle is neither bad, nor good.  They have 2 wins and one was over a guy who had no business being a starting QB and the other was a loss the refs turned into a win.  Good teams don't have a 1-4 record with a big ol' asterisk for official help.

With a defense like theirs, they will have a shot in every game they play in.  That D certainly passes the eye test.

Our offense isn't so bad either.  
Reply/Quote
IMO this was the best we've seen of the Bengals (4th quarter) and also the worst we've seen (everything else except the first drive). We had a lot of trouble in pass protection for awhile there and our run D was mostly pathetic for 3 quarters. There were a lot of mistakes made out there today. Still, all the credit in the world has to go to these guys for sucking it up and producing in crunch time.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:03 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Well, we're still holding up tot he motto stuck to us. "They can beat any team .500 or below".

None of the 6 undefeated teams have very many wins over teams with impressive records.  The Falcons beat the 3-2 Giants, and the Patriots beat the 3-2 Bills, and other than that, there isn't a single team with a winning record to be seen.  That's 2 out of 28 wins against teams with losing records.  It's only because it's early in the season and teams haven't had the chance to even out yet.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:56 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: None of the 6 undefeated teams have very many wins over teams with impressive records.  The Falcons beat the 3-2 Giants, and the Patriots beat the 3-2 Bills, and other than that, there isn't a single team with a winning record to be seen.  That's 2 out of 28 wins against teams with losing records.  It's only because it's early in the season and teams haven't had the chance to even out yet.

Right.  21 of the 32 (66%) NFL teams are currently .500 or worse, so mathematically speaking you won't find many teams ripping off a long series of wins against winning teams for a while.
Reply/Quote
Seattle is a great team that has made the  Superbowl twice(and won one). So not sure what the OP is saying.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
That's fine, but the statement is still true, Bengals are beating teams under .500. :) There are only a few teams dominating the league, we can already see the playoff landscape.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote