Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Seahawks weren't good, we just recovered from our mistakes.
(10-12-2015, 08:28 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That's fine, but the statement is still true, Bengals are beating teams under .500. :) There are only a few teams dominating the league, we can already see the playoff landscape.

Packers opponents are currently 8-17

Patriots opponents are currently 8-13

Broncos opponents are currently 6-18

Falcons opponents are currently 10-15

So please someone show me where a 5-0 team has been beating gang busters? Only Bengals fans are running around trying to diminish the quality of the opponent in a league that is built on the mantra that any given Sunday anyone can beat anyone.
Reply/Quote
So it's a 'bad' thing we're beating bad teams?

I'm not following.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Even though this might not have been one of the best Seahawks teams from the last couple of years, it is still a good team and for us to come back from being behind 24-7 was great to see! To come back from being 17 points behind and win against one of the better defenses in the league just shows how good this team an be.

I love how they didn't give up and didn't appear to be rattled. This team can definitely go somewhere this year. I can't wait to see how we progress!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 09:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: Packers opponents are currently 8-17

Patriots opponents are currently 8-13

Broncos opponents are currently 6-18

Falcons opponents are currently 10-15

So please someone show me where a 5-0 team has been beating gang busters? Only Bengals fans are running around trying to diminish the quality of the opponent in a league that is built on the mantra that any given Sunday anyone can beat anyone.

Mathematics do not lie.  I'm not saying I care one way or the other, I'm saying the Bengals are known to beat teams at .500 and under and struggle with teams above. Maybe every other team is like that too, but I'm not talking about that. You also totally missed my point about how there are only a few teams that are dominating the league this year (hence so many losing records), and the playoff landscape is already set. Not sure why I reply.

Just saying the Bengals are 5-0 against teams that are combined 8-15 right now. 8-10 without facing the Bengals is still under .500. 

Please tell me you haven't heard that passed around from fans and sportscasters that the Bengals are known to do that, it's just a fact, even though they're clearly playing better this year. I think the Bengals will go 16-0 so you don't need to look at me with hatred, they will hopefully have faced someone over .500 in that timeframe, lol.

I agree with OP, the Seahawks are an average team this year. It was the best test the Bengals have had so far this year, and it was needed as a stepping stone. The Hawks are 2-3, they beat the Bears (Jimmy Clausen) and Lions (barely, who are 0-5 themselves). Go rustle around in their forum, they will agree with you on the status of their squad.

Emotion is not an input to statistical analysis arguments.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
One myth debunked was "Dalton can't drive a team to a win if he has pressure". He as sacked 4 times yesterday. He was being chased out of the pocket even more. That Q4 performance was the best I've seen by a Bengals QB........EVER! Probably the top Q4 performance by a QB in the last 15 seasons, on any team.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:53 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Mathematics do not lie.  I'm not saying I care one way or the other, I'm saying the Bengals are known to beat teams at .500 and under and struggle with teams above. Maybe every other team is like that too, but I'm not talking about that. You also totally missed my point about how there are only a few teams that are dominating the league this year (hence so many losing records), and the playoff landscape is already set. Not sure why I reply.

Just saying the Bengals are 5-0 against teams that are combined 8-15 right now. 8-10 without facing the Bengals is still under .500. 

Please tell me you haven't heard that passed around from fans and sportscasters that the Bengals are known to do that, it's just a fact, even though they're clearly playing better this year. I think the Bengals will go 16-0 so you don't need to look at me with hatred, they will hopefully have faced someone over .500 in that timeframe, lol.

I agree with OP, the Seahawks are an average team this year. It was the best test the Bengals have had so far this year, and it was needed as a stepping stone. The Hawks are 2-3, they beat the Bears (Jimmy Clausen) and Lions (barely, who are 0-5 themselves). Go rustle around in their forum, they will agree with you on the status of their squad.

Emotion is not an input to statistical analysis arguments.

Your smugness is comical. By the way Mr. "Statistical Analysis" since you want to start pointing out "facts" based on an incomplete data set and random periods, I'll point out you are incorrect in saying we haven't beaten a team above .500. When we beat the Chargers they were in fact 1-0 and undefeated. Either you have to take them for what they were when we played them, or what they are at the end of the year, but you can't pick a week and make a proclamation and call it fact. If this was the case going into week 3 our opponents combined record was 2-2 and all loses had come from us.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:46 AM)PApinhead Wrote: Even though this might not have been one of the best Seahawks teams from the last couple of years, it is still a good team and for us to come back from being behind 24-7 was great to see!  To come back from being 17 points behind and win against one of the better defenses in the league just shows how good this team an be.  

I love how they didn't give up and didn't appear to be rattled.  This team can definitely go somewhere this year.  I can't wait to see how we progress!!

Right....some previous incarnations of this team would have imploded....not these boys.  WHO *&#@ING DEY!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:35 AM)Au165 Wrote: Your smugness is comical. By the way Mr. "Statistical Analysis" since you want to start pointing out "facts" based on an incomplete data set and random periods, I'll point out you are incorrect in saying we haven't beaten a team above .500. When we beat the Chargers they were in fact 1-0 and undefeated. Either you have to take them for what they were when we played them, or what they are at the end of the year, but you can't pick a week and make a proclamation and call it fact. If this was the case going into week 3 our opponents combined record was 2-2 and all loses had come from us.

You can absolutely pick a week and call it fact, because it's a fact right now. You're using stats in your own argument. You're all over the place, I'm done arguing. Look at it at the end of the year and we'll come back and see how the Bengals did.

Going back to the original post, what are your thoughts on the Seahawks? They were a good test and a stepping stone for the rest of the season, but they are average or below. Their fans admit it, but can you?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: Right....some previous incarnations of this team would have imploded....not these boys.  WHO *&#@ING DEY!

Yep!!!  I'm sure it is a combination of things that is making this team better than the last couple years and whatever it is, I'm loving it!!!  I know I can be more of a "Negative Nancy" on here, but with the way we have been playing, especially after yesterday, it is really hard not to get carried away and think we can win it all!!! 

Of course we still have some areas that need some work, but I think yesterday showed we can win no matter who we play and that we are capable of overcoming some big mistakes.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:40 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You can absolutely pick a week and call it fact, because it's a fact right now. You're using stats in your own argument. You're all over the place, I'm done arguing. Look at it at the end of the year and we'll come back and see how the Bengals did.

The whole point is stats can be made to say what you want based on the parameters you set to come up with them. I jokingly point to an undefeated team, at the time, that we beat. I agree let's review after the year when we know who is "good" and "bad".

To the OP, Seattle will end of a playoff team with a shot to make the Super Bowl. Teams evolve throughout the year.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:45 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: With a defense like theirs, they will have a shot in every game they play in.  That D certainly passes the eye test.

Our offense isn't so bad either.  

Exactly.  They lost to the Rams and Packers before they got back Chancellor.  They had not given up a touchdown since the third quarter of the Green Bay game and were the number two ranked offense coming in.  Were there a couple of bad plays (the Whitworth hold and the interception right before the half)?  Yes, there definitely were, but this is the case in every football game.  No team plays perfect, mistake free, football for an entire game.

This was a quality win, against a quality opponent.  Putting up 27 points on the Seattle defense is something to feel very good about.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:59 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Exactly.  They lost to the Rams and Packers before they got back Chancellor.  They had not given up a touchdown since the third quarter of the Green Bay game and were the number two ranked offense coming in.  Were there a couple of bad plays (the Whitworth hold and the interception right before the half)?  Yes, there definitely were, but this is the case in every football game.  No team plays perfect, mistake free, football for an entire game.

This was a quality win, against a quality opponent.  Putting up 27 points on the Seattle defense is something to feel very good about.

No doubt.  I'd purchase my SB tickets already if we had their LBs.  
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:05 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: No doubt.  I'd purchase my SB tickets already if we had their LBs.  

Aikman said yesterday that their linebackers are what makes the rest of the defense tick.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:53 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Mathematics do not lie.  I'm not saying I care one way or the other, I'm saying the Bengals are known to beat teams at .500 and under and struggle with teams above.

Please tell me you haven't heard that passed around from fans and sportscasters that the Bengals are known to do that, it's just a fact, 

It is a fact that fans and sports casters say this, but that does not mean it really happens.

Bengals are 11-6 versus teams with winning records over the last three regular seasons.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:40 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Going back to the original post, what are your thoughts on the Seahawks? They were a good test and a stepping stone for the rest of the season, but they are average or below. Their fans admit it, but can you?

I can not admit it.  Their fans may be as stupid as Bengal fans who claim we never beat teams with winning records.  

Give us your prediction of the Seahawks final record.  They have a shut down defense and will win a lot of games.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:05 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Okay.

They were 2-2 coming into this game with a loss in overtime to a very solid Rams team that handed Arizona its first loss and another loss to the Packers who are 5-0.

Also the #2 Defense I think I heard the announcers kept referencing.

We beat a .500 team that lost 2 close games against quality opponents and came in with the #2 D in the NFL.

Maybe not the same Seahawks that won the Super Bowl but a team thats much better than your giving credit.

Thank you Bob.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:55 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: Perhaps this isn't a popular opinion, but alas...

Although we had to have an unprecedented comeback for these Bengals, this game should not have even been close.  We had stupid holding penalties that killed drives, fumbling issues, and forced throws in the 3rd quarter.  The Seahawks didn't play well at all, minus their RB.  The Seahawks played horrible defense 3/4 quarters.  Their offense was atrocious even without pressure in the first half.  My point is, almost every other team in the league would have capitalized on those mistakes and would have had the Bengals by their throats.  We almost gave this game away from our own mistakes, and in previous years it would have been a sure loss.

All teams are due for this type of game for at least a couple games a year.  This team showed today that they are special, by winning a game where they were making mistake after mistake against a perennial winner.  Super Bowl teams win games even when they don't play their best game, something the Bengals haven't done against a good team in a very long time.  I'm impressed, and I have no reason to believe that this can't be our year.  WHO DEY.  

alas, I think you are wrong......The announcers were raving about the Seattle Super Bowl defense, and rightfully so. They were showing why they have won the NFC 2 straight years with only giving up 7 points late into the game. They had completely shut down our run and were getting the best of our offensive line, an offensive line that often looks good. .....Plus, their RB had over 150 yards rushing and we had almost no yards rushing going into the 4th quarter. ....It was 24 to 7 and they were playing like a Super Bowl team and we were playing like the team that loses in the play-offs.....Then came the 4th quarter.  Our defense never gave up another point and also kept getting the ball back for the offense.....and our offense woke up with Gio, Sanu and EIFERT and ANDY DALTON....24 to 14, 24 to 21, Nugent made it 24 to 24.....and in overtime, Nugent made it a 27  to 24 win. ........but, Seattle played like a Super Bowl team and hit hard like a Super Bowl team. I'm glad the game wasn't in Seattle. The Bengals in THE JUNGLE made one of their best comebacks in franchise history because this was a Super Bowl team, but the Bengals proved they can play with the Big Boys and after the game ESPN and networks gave the Rodney Dangerfield Bengals some respect.......but alas, you are dead wrong to make it sound like Seattle didn't play a good game. That game almost ended in a tie, and was a real head knocker between 2 good teams.  It was, alas, a Great Win
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Uhhhh....I don't quite get what the OP is saying.

Seattle was one DUMB PLAY CALL from being SB champs last season. They are essentially the same team we played. They became bad all of a sudden? How did that happen?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:47 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Uhhhh....I don't quite get what the OP is saying.

Seattle was one DUMB PLAY CALL from being SB champs last season.  They are essentially the same team we played.  They became bad all of a sudden?  How did that happen?

Here is how it works.

When the other team wins it is because the Bengals are bad.

When the Bengals win it is because the other team is bad.

Even the best teams in the league have penalties and turnovers, but the Bengals are a bad team unless they play a game with zero turnovers and penalties.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:47 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Uhhhh....I don't quite get what the OP is saying.

Seattle was one DUMB PLAY CALL from being SB champs last season.  They are essentially the same team we played.  They became bad all of a sudden?  How did that happen?

I'm amazed that today people can say Seattle wasn't or isn't any good, and Nugent who made 2 clutch kicks to put the game in overtime and win the game in overtime, people are saying he stinks.  This response as opposed to being happy over 5-0 and this great win makes me question 2 things :  # 1, Trolls......# 2, is this why Bengals.com got rid of this rubbish ????
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote