Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refs
So, this is where all you miscreants from the old Bengals boards are hanging out.... ThumbsUp

Good to see lots of familiar names here.

Pretty darned good Bengals team.

Across the league, the refs are now becoming hinderances to getting fair and equal play on both sides. THey've always been inconsistent. But now, it seems like they want to hear their own voices and see their own faces on the Jumbotrons. In short, they are affecting the outcomes of the games, when they are supposed to just make sure fair play is enforced.

They don't seem to know how to call "a catch", or a "fair catch", or are too busy calling marginal penalties while missing egregious ones.

NFL...Don't wait until the end of the season to take action. Get control of these guys NOW! Penalties are way up. Part of these penalties are supposed to protect players. It seems there are more injuries this season than what I've seen in any season since I became a fan of the NFL.

The refs need to be better trained and held more accountable when they make stupid mistakes.
Reply/Quote
I don't think they make Jumbotrons anymore. They may have one in Oakland. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The one that clearly sticks out to me is Pacman waiving off his players. Clearly not a fair catch signal. What idiots!
Reply/Quote
Refs are going to make mistakes because there is a lot going on and they only have 2 eyes. However, I do agree with you. I think refs who continually make mistakes should be scrutinized. On a good note, I do believe refs are held accountable in some ways because just like players watching game film, I believe the refs do too to see what they did wrong and what they can do to improve. Not definitely sure they do this, but I think they do. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:13 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think they make Jumbotrons anymore.  They may have one in Oakland. LOL

(10-12-2015, 10:15 AM)BengirlVal Wrote: The one that clearly sticks out to me is Pacman waiving off his players. Clearly not a fair catch signal. What idiots!

That's the one that stands out.  To me, that's obvious.  You pick up the flag and state to the crowd there was no penalty.

Refs are human.  I expect some errors.  I'm not on the field.  I'm 30 rows up, or watching on TV.  Watching on TV, I have a better vantage.

But, watching some of the highlights on TV from other games, and listening to the announcers state penalties are up dramatically and affecting outcomes of the games, you have to wonder who is policing these guys?  It should be getting better, not worse.

I still have a Sony Tube TV in my basement that's 25 years old.  It's a "Trinitron"....at the time, the best TV I could buy. I don't know what to do with it, and for nostagia's sake, I don't want to get rid of it, either.
Reply/Quote
i have a problem with the insane amount of inconsistency that has increased ever since the refs work stoppage. case in point, the holding on whitworth during aj's touchdown. yes that was holding, but normally, despite his arm being extended when you don't grasp or take the defensive lineman to the ground, they don't call it. i am fine with that call though because that was holding…my problem is that there were much, much more egregious holds on both sides of the ball throughout the game that went uncalled. if you are going to call a tight game, fine, if you are going to let them play, great, but for the love of god, please don't call in tight one quarter, and then change it up later. it is making the game much less entertaining.
Reply/Quote
It all started with Ed Hochuli and his statements about getting tv time. The NFL ought to mike the ref so you can hear what he says, but quit showing them on tv until they quit throwing all these ridiculous flags. League wide it is a problem
Reply/Quote
Hochuli is the worst offender. Great idea....keeping their "mugs" off the TV.
Reply/Quote