Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins Playing Time
Though I was very pleased with what I saw out of Brandon Thompson yesterday, I was very surprised to see Atkins on the sideline for so many series.  I am a big fan of the rotation, as I feel it will keep all players better protected from the rigors of a 16 game schedule, but could he have been injured earlier in the game?  He played most of the critical OT snaps, but I think he was honestly not playing for more than half the snaps the rest of the game. 

I guess we will hear when the press conference runs at 3pm, but did anyone else notice this?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yep, here it is. Played in almost every snap (I believe) in OT and late in the 4th quarter, but he was in 58% of the snaps. Hope he is OK, but that helps illustrate some of the depth in our defensive line.

http://fantasydata.com/nfl-stats/nfl-fantasy-football-snap-count-and-snaps-played.aspx?fs=0&stype=0&sn=0&scope=1&w=4&ew=4&s=geno%20atkins&t=0&p=0&st=FantasyPointSnapPercentage&d=1&ls=FantasyPointSnapPercentage&live=false&pid=false&minsnaps=4
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, here it is.  Played in almost every snap (I believe) in OT and late in the 4th quarter, but he was in 58% of the snaps.  Hope he is OK, but that helps illustrate some of the depth in our defensive line.  

http://fantasydata.com/nfl-stats/nfl-fantasy-football-snap-count-and-snaps-played.aspx?fs=0&stype=0&sn=0&scope=1&w=4&ew=4&s=geno%20atkins&t=0&p=0&st=FantasyPointSnapPercentage&d=1&ls=FantasyPointSnapPercentage&live=false&pid=false&minsnaps=4

I was at the game and said the same thing to my group. Why is Adkins not on the field?

The Hawks run a lot and my guess is they thought Thompkins was as good or better against the run than Geno. Or maybe they wanted him fresh not only this game, but as you mentioned for 16 games +.

I turned out well, maybe we were lucky.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
JFK noticed on the same play that I did, Atkins was just standing there while a runner was struggling for extra yards - I mean the Bengals got the guy down but it seemed like Atkins was pulled after that, lol.

I hope that to be true, the accountability of pulling Jeremy Hill quickly before he made a disaster even worse is a small reason the Bengals are 5-0.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I wondered if he was hurt. Even Aikman commented more than once, "Atkins is still on the sidelines".
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Though I was very pleased with what I saw out of Brandon Thompson yesterday, I was very surprised to see Atkins on the sideline for so many series.  I am a big fan of the rotation, as I feel it will keep all players better protected from the rigors of a 16 game schedule, but could he have been injured earlier in the game?  He played most of the critical OT snaps, but I think he was honestly not playing for more than half the snaps the rest of the game. 

I guess we will hear when the press conference runs at 3pm, but did anyone else notice this?

I did notice this and the Announcers pointed it out that was on the sideline. 

I like the way Brandon Thompson plays.. I personally think he's the best run-stuffer in the D-Line Rotation. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I was at the game and said the same thing to my group. Why is Adkins not on the field?

The Hawks run a lot and my guess is they thought Thompkins was as good or better against the run than Geno. Or maybe they wanted him fresh not only this game, but as you mentioned for 16 games +.

I turned out well, maybe we were lucky.

Surprisingly the Seahawks were using our dominant D-line to their advantage by cutting back across the LOS for big gains.  Who knows, maybe they felt Brandon Thompson was holding up things at the line a little better.  It's a stretch but our d-line was getting fleeced in the run game due to penetration.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Though I was very pleased with what I saw out of Brandon Thompson yesterday, I was very surprised to see Atkins on the sideline for so many series.  I am a big fan of the rotation, as I feel it will keep all players better protected from the rigors of a 16 game schedule, but could he have been injured earlier in the game?  He played most of the critical OT snaps, but I think he was honestly not playing for more than half the snaps the rest of the game. 

thompson was vs the run
Reply/Quote

I was wondering what was up myself, i am just happy Thompson filled in and did a great job.

Lightning quick first step Thompson has.
Reply/Quote