Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Slot is Dead
(06-22-2024, 07:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Forty times aside, Tee plays on the outside because of his size being a mismatch against smaller Corners.

I never said "good riddance" in Boyd leaving. Get your shit together brother.

Big catches are big catches in big moments. Zac and his scheme also aren't something I was talking about when talking about Boyd.

His TD drop in the big Texans game is on him, nobody else, it was a drop.

You trying to blame Tee and Zac for Boyd's shortcomings is odd. That is some cold shit to say about a coach that has got us to a Super Bowl 
and a player who has made big catches in getting us there. That is pure nonsense on you TLL and I always liked you as a poster.

Thanks Rfaulk, I guess I was just seeing the big plays but still. It is something to see and reiterates the fact that Ja'Marr could be great 
used in the Slot at times. One thing I know is Chase is WAY faster than Boyd and has WAY better balance and a knack for avoiding big hits.

I understand, we want a Super Bowl win, but I can still see the possibilities and there is nothing wrong with that.

If you don't like to talk about what ifs and hope I guess don't be a Bengals fan. Mellow

But I know you aren't like that lol

It is Bullshit to throw things out the window in the Offseason. The more options, variety, versatility, unpredictability and motions the better.

TLL has never embraced Zac or the team the last 5 years. For whatever reason. He’s partial to the Bengals pre-Taylor and the players as well. . I’ve challenged him to show me anywhere he praised Zac and I even think Lou. Oh he says he’s praised his relationship with players. That’s okay. But I think when he separates his biases he’s pretty astute with a lot of takes.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2024, 07:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Forty times aside, Tee plays on the outside because of his size being a mismatch against smaller Corners.

I never said "good riddance" in Boyd leaving. Get your shit together brother.

Big catches are big catches in big moments. Zac and his scheme also aren't something I was talking about when talking about Boyd.

His TD drop in the big Texans game is on him, nobody else, it was a drop.

You trying to blame Tee and Zac for Boyd's shortcomings is odd. That is some cold shit to say about a coach that has got us to a Super Bowl 
and a player who has made big catches in getting us there. That is pure nonsense on you TLL and I always liked you as a poster.

I never said you said good riddance, so get your shit together brother.  I said people in this thread saying good riddance (Issac), people saying it's a blessing in disguise (you), and people saying Boyd limited Zac's offense (a couple people to varying degrees) was slander in this thread. You then quote replyed to me denying all of them by saying it wasn't slander in this thread. You took it upon yourself to defend other's statements by denying what they were, including ones I never attributed to you.

I also never once blamed Tee or Zac for Boyd's shortcomings. I said that Boyd shouldn't be treated as a sineater who should get all the blame piled on him to absolve everyone else of their own shortcomings, which is what this thread sure feels like it was doing. Boyd didn't force Zac's hand into running an offense he didn't want to for 5 years.

Look back at my posts. I never said Boyd's shortcomings are Tee's and Zac's fault and I never said you said good riddance. Look back at it please before making up more things I didn't say.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2024, 07:47 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: TLL has never embraced Zac or the team the last 5 years. For whatever reason. He’s partial to the Bengals pre-Taylor and the players as well. . I’ve challenged him to show me anywhere he praised Zac and I even think Lou. Oh he says he’s praised his relationship with players. That’s okay. But I think when he separates his biases he’s pretty astute with a lot of takes.

TLL is a good poster who brings us Homers like me back down to Earth at times and I appreciate it.

Don't get this Boyd slander crap though. I am just telling it like it is. Boyd has been falling off, fact.

(06-22-2024, 08:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I never said you said good riddance, so get your shit together brother.  I said people in this thread saying good riddance (Issac), people saying it's a blessing in disguise (you), and people saying Boyd limited Zac's offense (a couple people to varying degrees) was slander in this thread. You then quote replyed to me denying all of them by saying it wasn't slander in this thread. You took it upon yourself to defend other's statements by denying what they were, including ones I never attributed to you.

I also never once blamed Tee or Zac for Boyd's shortcomings. I said that Boyd shouldn't be treated as a sineater who should get all the blame piled on him to absolve everyone else of their own shortcomings, which is what this thread sure feels like it was doing. Boyd didn't force Zac's hand into running an offense he didn't want to for 5 years.

Look back at my posts. I never said Boyd's shortcomings are Tee's and Zac's fault and I never said you said good riddance. Look back at it please before making up more things I didn't say.

Whatever, you quoted me and lumped me into everyone else trying to hijack this thread that is about how we can use the Slot position
better now with more explosive players in Burton and namely Chase who could be the best in the Slot with his skills. I am not going to 
say Boyd was a bad Receiver, he was very good, but we CAN do better and I like Chase and Burton a ton more, just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2024, 06:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Boyd slander in this thread is absurd.

Good riddance he's gone? The best blessing in disguise we've had in years? That's some cold and disrespectful shit for a guy who was an absolute professional and very productive for us for years.

I'm not saying Boyd's best days are ahead of him, they're likely not, but there's going to be a time when Higgins gets dinged up (he always does) and you're going to have Chase, a 3rd round rookie, and a 6th round pick with 116 career receiving yards out there at WR... or Chase, Irwin, Sample, and a TE who had 244 yards last year and 362 yards the year before.... and you should remember this thread then.

Also people acting like Boyd force's Zac's hand in offensive concepts as if the first 2 years of Zac without Chase he didn't do the exact same shit. Or the first year without Chase OR Higgins we didn't still run a primarily 3 WR offense with a combination of Boyd, Ross, A Tate, and Erickson despite that being a trashpile of a WR group. But sure, it's Boyd's fault and now we're free from his tyranny of dictating how Zac's offense will be.

Boyd was pretty bad last year. 

I welcome more athleticism, speed, and playmaking in the slot this year. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2024, 08:51 AM)SladeX Wrote: Long Live the Slot!

Sounds like a song by The Who:

Quote:The slot is dead they said
Long live Slot!

But seriously though, Boyd did seem to prefer to play in the slot for whatever reason and maybe because of that wasn't really utilized as much on this team as he could have been. I really could see Body having a big year with the Titans. However, our personnel does open things up for sure and hopefully that makes it easier for us to beat tough defenses (especially in the playoffs). 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I read this as slut and got very concerned

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote