Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Spotlight
There's a lot of talk about this team "flying under the radar". I don't entirely agree, but it's certainly nothing like last year when they were only one of two undefeated teams remaining and were ordained as the best team in football before helping kick-start the Patriots' revival. With six undefeated teams through 4 weeks in 2015, it's easier to get lost in the shuffle.

That ends Sunday.

Win or lose, the spotlight will shine squarely on the Bengals this weekend. With a home loss to the two-time defending NFC champions, many (including some of those not talking about the Bengals or simply not giving them their due at the moment) will use the game as a means of showing the world how this team is not ready to hang with the best in the league. However, it will be damn near impossible for anyone to ignore a win over a team many still consider a favorite to return to yet another Super Bowl.

Even after Week 5, the spotlight will remain. A tough road game against a rejuvenated Bills team and a head coach that (deserving or not) commands attention. After the bye week that follows, a huge road game within the division at Pittsburgh. This will garner a wealth of attention, especially if Roethlisberger returns. This is a marquee matchup regardless.

After that, the spotlight intensifies even more, not so much due to the quality of opponents, but because of the Paul Browns Stadium lights themselves. Back-to-back prime time games - both at home and both against opponents they will be comfortably favored against. This is a great opportunity to build upon this team's growing confidence.

This is a tough stretch. I could see this team ending up at 6-3 and I wouldn't be terribly disappointed considering  quality of opponents and the flaws they've been able to overcome thus far. However, I can see a path to 9-0, too. The Seahawks haven't been as dominant as most expected to this point and will be travelling east on a short week. The Bills are up & down and commit even more penalties than the Bengals do. The Steelers secondary is vulnerable and there is the chance we draw Vick instead of Ben. After that, vengence against Cleveland and their 32nd ranked defense and Houston's QB merry-go-round.

With each win, we hear how this team (and, more specifically, the quarterback) has changed, but the truth is they will have to continue to prove it week after week. It is making for a very entertaining season. It's kind of nice to be overlooked, but I would rather that change. No teams sneak into the Super Bowl. The best teams in the league earn the spotlight and, once they feel its heat, show time and time again why they deserved it. It's long past time for the Bengals to thrive in the spotlight and this may very well be the team to do it. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
I agree, and I think this team is special. Interestingly enough, I think its the offense that is special this year.

In 2013 our defense was special, and we could have won a superbowl based on their talent (IMO).

This year I think our offense is showing that level of play. If Andy manages to play like he has thus far consistently the entire season, this team will be hard to stop. The only team that can worry us now is the Patriots, because mastermind Belichick always finds a way to slow offenses down..

I think this team is very capable of dropping a bomb on Seattle and I really hope they do for many reasons. I have many Seattle friends that think they "match up well with us". Last year, certainly, but this year, I don't think anyone matches up well with us.

Anyways, I hope they live up to my expectations, we will see :)
Reply/Quote
Seahawk D looking mean tonight.

Reply/Quote
Seattle looks very beatable. They won't get this kind of pressure on us. And they have no run game. Looks like the key will be to keep Wilson in the pocket and pressure up the middle
Reply/Quote
This is the type of game that separates the men from the boys. We had a game like this last year against the patriots and got completely annihilated.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:51 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This is the type of game that separates the men from the boys. We had a game like this last year against the patriots and got completely annihilated.

Big difference...  This game's at home & at 1:00.  This team's done pretty well over the last few years in that situation.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'd say that before the season began, many had the Bengals penciled in at 2-2, at this point in the season. Unbelievable as it sounds, I really feel like the offense is still finding it's full legs. Andy has done a terrific job of utilizing all of the weapons at his disposal, the OL still has some fault on the interior, but overall, things are coming together.

The Seahawks should appear quite less than their full selves, after a short week and a long trip, and being nicked up. I think the Bengals will prevail versus Seattle, and then face a tough, tough road game at Buffalo. Buffalo's defense is something that the Bengals have not seen the likes of yet, this season. In my opinion, that will be the biggest test of the next couple games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:29 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Seahawk D looking mean tonight.

Detroit offense has looked like shit all year, trust me, I have dropped Stafford from 3 of my fantasy teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:56 PM)jason Wrote: Big difference...  This game's at home & at 1:00.  This team's done pretty well over the last few years in that situation.

The Bengals are 19-2-1 in their last 23 1pm games. They're 15-2-1 at home since 2013, with the only losses coming inside the division (Browns and Steelers).

The Seahawks are 11-7 on the road since 2013, including 0-2 this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Been watching Lions vs Hawks. Our D line should flat out Dominate the Seattle OL. We could have 8+ sacks against them. If we score 20+ points....we will win
Reply/Quote
I get the feeling that a Bengals win won't do much for our national perception. The Seahawks SHOULD be 1-3 right now, but the zebras bailed them out with another ridiculous call to hand them the W over the winless Lions. If we beat the Seahawks, the story will be more about what's wrong with Seattle, not how good the Bengals are.
Reply/Quote
Seattle hasn't been a good road team for years, even before the Wilson era. We have a very good chance to win this game for many reasons. Question is can this team start taking the steps they've mostly failed at in seasons past ?

Winning this game and we absolutely can, would be one of those steps we have to take to make it to the next level. I feel nearly everyone (the talking heads) is waiting patiently for our implosion to begin. Can't win the big one, lose to the good teams, under the lights we fold, blah, blah, same old Bengals.

I so hope we start changing the narrative with this game !
Reply/Quote
I predict the bengals embarrass the seahawks and likely by double digits. yeah their db's are good and their lb's too but they haven't faced a rushing attack like this one this year. plus their o-line is almost as weak as kc's was. keep russell in front of you spy him if you can and crush him. seattle's Offense is weak even with beast-mode. then throw skittles from the stands at the end of the game just for effect either way.
Reply/Quote
I really don't see how the Bengals lose the battle in the trenches. Our d-line is good, their o-line is bad. Our o-line is one of the very best in the league and has held up vs some good pass rushers. We can win at the point of attack and should. Barring a meltdown, I'm pretty confident that the Bengals win this game.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 11:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Bengals are 19-2-1 in their last 23 1pm games. They're 15-2-1 at home since 2013, with the only losses coming inside the division (Browns and Steelers).

The Seahawks are 11-7 on the road since 2013, including 0-2 this year.

Wilson has been 2-11 against teams that score 24 or more points too. I think we have this game.
Reply/Quote
Pundits have been second guessing the Bengals since week 2. They were all saying that week 3 against the Ravens at home will "tell the tale" of the Bengals.....they beat them.........then it was "How will the Bengals handle a potential Trap game against the Chiefs?".......they beat them.......now it's...."the game against the Seahawks will let us know if this team is for real".....

Blah Blah Blah........it will be a new reason and/or excuse to dismiss them every week until they win a playoff game or two.
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:51 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This is the type of game that separates the men from the boys. We had a game like this last year against the patriots and got completely annihilated.

we were also very very hurt on defense and thats not good vs TB.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 02:17 PM)JungleGal50 Wrote: Pundits have been second guessing the Bengals since week 2.  They were all saying that week 3 against the Ravens at home will "tell the tale" of the Bengals.....they beat them.........then it was "How will the Bengals handle a potential Trap game against the Chiefs?".......they beat them.......now it's...."the game against the Seahawks will let us know if this team is for real".....

Blah Blah Blah........it will be a new reason and/or excuse to dismiss them every week until they win a playoff game or two.

Even if they win in the playoffs I guarantee the national pundits will find some reason why it was a fluke or anomaly.  This team will have to win the Super Bowl to get any real respect, but that's fine with me.  I hardly listen to national media anyway and when I do I never put any stock in what they say.  I am perfectly content in my fandom without having praise showered on my favorite team.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:45 AM)Whatever Wrote: I get the feeling that a Bengals win won't do much for our national perception.  The Seahawks SHOULD be 1-3 right now, but the zebras bailed them out with another ridiculous call to hand them the W over the winless Lions.  If we beat the Seahawks, the story will be more about what's wrong with Seattle, not how good the Bengals are.

Regardless of that play call, their defense made a huge play to save a TD in the closing minutes.  Had they lost, it would have been on a technicality only.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 06:16 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Regardless of that play call, their defense made a huge play to save a TD in the closing minutes.  Had they lost, it would have been on a technicality only.  

Yup.  Had they lost, it would have been bc Kam doesnt make a 1 in a 1K play with > 2min left to play.
Reply/Quote