Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Spy Who Shagged Me
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/andrii-derkach-rudy-giuliani-trump-russian-spy-024049383.html

Quote: In a wild interview Saturday, President Donald Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani insisted that he had absolutely no idea that one of his key sources in his smear campaign against Joe Biden was a Russian spy interfering in the U.S. presidential election.

Giuliani failed to explain on MSNBC how he allegedly missed all signs that Ukrainian lawmaker and conspiracy-pusher Andrii Derkach was a Russian operative.

“You’re a former prosecutor from the Southern District of New York, a former mayor of New York City, you have a national security firm,” host Jonathan Capehart said. “How could you not know that this person you were talking to was a known Russian agent?“

The Treasury Department revealed Thursday that Derkach was an “active Russian agent for over a decade, maintaining close connections with the Russian Intelligence Services.”

Derkach was sanctioned this week by Treasury for interfering in the current election. He was a key source for baseless information touted by Giuliani and Trump smearing Biden and his son, Hunter, over activities in Ukraine when Biden was vice president.

“Andrii Derkach and other Russian agents employ manipulation and deceit to attempt to influence elections in the United States and elsewhere around the world,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in a statement.

Giuliani insisted: “I don’t know what’s in the Treasury Department investigation, nor have I ever seen any evidence that [Derkach] is or is not a Russian agent. I don’t know anything about that.”

Imagine that! National security expert Rudy don’t know nothin’ about no Russian spy.

Jesus, with all this contact between Trump associates and Russian intelligence agents you might get the impression they’re up to something.

Probably just talking about adoptions. Again.
Reply/Quote
It is interesting that almost every thread in this Politics section is anti-Trump and/or liberal. Just an observation.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:51 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It is interesting that almost every thread in this Politics section is anti-Trump and/or liberal.  Just an observation.

Just a heads up, comments like this are considered against the rules because they do not contribute to the thread.

A chunk of conservative posters have been banned for things like refusing the stop their use of racial, homophobic, and transphobic slurs, obsessively bragging about stalking people from the LGBT community, and sharing white nationalist content. That makes it slant more to the left when there's less conservative posters. 

But just in general the Trump presidency generates a lot of bad press because of how incompetent of a president he is and the incompetence he surrounds himself with (See topic of thread). 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 01:21 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/andrii-derkach-rudy-giuliani-trump-russian-spy-024049383.html

Imagine that! National security expert Rudy don’t know nothin’ about no Russian spy.

Jesus, with all this contact between Trump associates and Russian intelligence agents you might get the impression they’re up to something.

Probably just talking about adoptions. Again.

This is Whose Line is it Anyways.

Nothing matters. 

A Republican cozying up to a Russian agent would have been a career killer 5 years ago. 

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:51 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It is interesting that almost every thread in this Politics section is anti-Trump and/or liberal.  Just an observation.

I guess in many cases that is because Trump is such a horrible person and president, surrounded by such awful and corrupt people.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:19 AM)hollodero Wrote: I guess in many cases that is because Trump is such a horrible person and president, surrounded by such awful and corrupt people.

I will agree to disagree with that opinion.  :)
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:06 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Just a heads up, comments like this are considered against the rules because they do not contribute to the thread.

A chunk of conservative posters have been banned for things like refusing the stop their use of racial, homophobic, and transphobic slurs, obsessively bragging about stalking people from the LGBT community, and sharing white nationalist content. That makes it slant more to the left when there's less conservative posters. 

But just in general the Trump presidency generates a lot of bad press because of how incompetent of a president he is and the incompetence he surrounds himself with (See topic of thread). 

1.  Are you being serious?  I just made an observation.  Maybe i'm not understanding what you are saying. Might want to check out samhains awesome, multiple contributions to another thread made towards me.

2.  The second part has nothing to do with me.  I resemble non of that crap.  Just because I don't hate Trump does not mean i'm not a good person who tries to be open minded and tries to treat everyone with respect.   
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:59 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: 1.  Are you being serious?  I just made an observation.  Maybe i'm not understanding what you are saying. Might want to check out samhains awesome, multiple contributions to another thread made towards me.

2.  The second part has nothing to do with me.  I resemble non of that crap.  Just because I don't hate Trump does not mean i'm not a good person who tries to be open minded and tries to treat everyone with respect.   

He didn’t say you were any of those things. He said, that is why there are less conservative voices around here these days. Not sure how you interpreted as such.

I’ll add to pats assessment that there seems to be a dearth of positive topics to bring forth from the GOP these days. Most of the right leaning topics are variations of ‘Biden is asleep’ or ‘Covid ain’t shit’.

Feel free to put forward some positive policy positions the GOP is advancing.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:22 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: He didn’t say you were any of those things.  He said, that is why there are less conservative voices around here these days.  Not sure how you interpreted as such.

I’ll add to pats assessment that there seems to be a dearth of positive topics to bring forth from the GOP these days.   Most of the right leaning topics are variations of ‘Biden is asleep’ or ‘Covid ain’t shit’.  

I didn't mean to imply that he was saying I was acting like that or that kind of person.   

I guess one persons negative can be another persons positive.

Well, Biden is asleep and we still shouldn't be locked down.   Ninja Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:59 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: 1.  Are you being serious?  I just made an observation.  Maybe i'm not understanding what you are saying.  Might want to check out samhains awesome, multiple contributions to another thread made towards me.

1. Yea, I said it as a heads up since you don't post here as much and I didn't want you to get dinged for a rule you may not know. Technically I was breaking to rules too by commenting on your comment, but it's always good to have new voices and your posts in other threads have been good contributions, so I wanted to give you a heads up. 

2. I was explaining one of the reasons why there's more liberals, so I explained what happened to a number of the conservative posters. I didn't suggest you were any of those things. 

Keep posting!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:51 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It is interesting that almost every thread in this Politics section is anti-Trump and/or liberal. Just an observation.

Feel free to start a thread about Trump’s healthcare plan, how he won the trade war with China, congratulate him on how quickly he finished the wall and got Mexico to pay for it, discuss how Trump successfully turned farmers into a welfare state with his Trump bucks, or suggest we rename Yosemite to Yo Semite so Trump can pronounce it correctly.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:22 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: He didn’t say you were any of those things.  He said, that is why there are less conservative voices around here these days.  Not sure how you interpreted as such.

I’ll add to pats assessment that there seems to be a dearth of positive topics to bring forth from the GOP these days.   Most of the right leaning topics are variations of ‘Biden is asleep’ or ‘Covid ain’t shit’.  

It's easier to have posts about the person or party in power. I never voted for Obama and I criticized him a lot here on his drone policy and other positions. It's also tough to defend Trump. 

I think Lucie kind of ruined things for the right leaning posters. He spammed the forum with asinine posts, fringe conspiracies, and outright slurs. Legitimate posts were buried in his nonsense. I remember he was banned for half the time he was here before his perma ban, and he was still the top poster for months after his perma ban. It took nearly 2 years for him to fall off the top 10. 

Back on topic: Why is Rudy so dumb? What happened to him?

Reply/Quote
Ain't no way to hide yer lies and spies.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:16 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's easier to have posts about the person or party in power. I never voted for Obama and I criticized him a lot here on his drone policy and other positions. It's also tough to defend Trump. 

I think Lucie kind of ruined things for the right leaning posters. He spammed the forum with asinine posts, fringe conspiracies, and outright slurs. Legitimate posts were buried in his nonsense. I remember he was banned for half the time he was here before his perma ban, and he was still the top poster for months after his perma ban. It took nearly 2 years for him to fall off the top 10. 

Back on topic: Why is Rudy so dumb? What happened to him?

I think his plan is to claim Trump had incompetent legal representation.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:09 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 1. Yea, I said it as a heads up since you don't post here as much and I didn't want you to get dinged for a rule you may not know. Technically I was breaking to rules too by commenting on your comment, but it's always good to have new voices and your posts in other threads have been good contributions, so I wanted to give you a heads up. 

2. I was explaining one of the reasons why there's more liberals, so I explained what happened to a number of the conservative posters. I didn't suggest you were any of those things. 

Keep posting!
Ok, thank you for the explanation and heads up.  :)

I'm definitely not trying to be rude or fight with anyone.  I was really surprised by samhain's responses to me in a different thread.  I suppose politics are just extra nasty now.

I also don't claim to know everything and there are obviously some smart people on this board; much smarter than me.  I am just giving my opinion and views.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think his plan is to claim Trump had incompetent legal representation.

Not his worst idea

Reply/Quote