Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Steeler stat nobody talks about.
If my calculations are correct. After Monday night, Marvin"s record will fall to 8 wins and 32 losses against da Steelahs. How is it possible that with this kind of dismal record against your arch rival, Marvin has not been run out of town? The underachieving, the playoff futility and lack of any real signature wins is one thing, but this stat is absurd. It has to be some type of NFL record for choking against one team

I won't be watching the game, because I decided to take a knee on the NFL the day after Baltimore took a knee in London. I have not seen a single play since then. Which is probably a good thing. The last thing I want to watch is Marvin getting humiliated yet again by Tomlin. I have no interest in watching Brady or Ben hoist that trophy again either. But if the players stop their whine fest, I may be watching again next year. Hopefully Marvin free.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 11:47 PM)Antares Wrote: If my calculations are correct. After Monday night, Marvin"s record will fall to 8 wins and 32 losses against da Steelahs. How is it possible that with this kind of dismal record against your arch rival, Marvin has not been run out of town? The underachieving, the playoff futility and lack of any real signature wins is one thing, but this stat is absurd. It has to be some type of NFL record for choking against one team

I won't be watching the game, because I decided to take a knee on the NFL the day after Baltimore took a knee in London. I have not seen a single play since then. Which is probably a good thing. The last thing I want to watch is Marvin getting humiliated yet again by Tomlin. I have no interest in watching Brady or Ben hoist that trophy again either. But if the players stop their whine fest, I may be watching again next year. Hopefully Marvin free.

Everyone talks about this.... every time we play the Steelers
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 11:51 PM)Clep Wrote: Everyone talks about this.... every time we play the Steelers

Nope. Nobody knows the actual record. His record is the stat. It's never mentioned. You're welcome.

I need to make a correction. 32 total games. Marvin has lost 24 of them.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 11:57 PM)Antares Wrote: Nope. Nobody knows the actual record. His record is the stat. It's never mentioned. You're welcome.

I need to make a correction. 32 total games. Marvin has lost 24 of them.

It’s the 2-14 record at PBS that’s particularly galling.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 11:47 PM)Antares Wrote: If my calculations are correct. After Monday night, Marvin"s record will fall to 8 wins and 32 losses against da Steelahs. How is it possible that with this kind of dismal record against your arch rival, Marvin has not been run out of town? The underachieving, the playoff futility and lack of any real signature wins is one thing, but this stat is absurd. It has to be some type of NFL record for choking against one team

Marvin Lewis's record against the Steelers has literally been discussed thousands and times on here and has been the subject of several threads.

And welcome to the boards.
Reply/Quote
You know what else nobody talks about? That Marvin Lewis is 0-7 in the playoffs. I mean that is glaring. Still... Not one peep about it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 09:52 AM)jason Wrote: You know what else nobody talks about? That Marvin Lewis is 0-7 in the playoffs. I mean that is glaring. Still... Not one peep about it.

Really ? I didn't know that, wow !

Good to know Jason
Reply/Quote

Do we know for sure the Steelers are the arch rival? Because something tells me if we ask Mike Brown, he'd say Cleveland. And the Bengals do well against Cleveland (because they suck)!
So all is good in Mike Brown's neighborhood!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 09:52 AM)jason Wrote: You know what else nobody talks about? That Marvin Lewis is 0-7 in the playoffs. I mean that is glaring. Still... Not one peep about it.

well for it to be relavent we have to be in the playoffs
Reply/Quote

Yeah...plus we haven't won a playoff game in 26+ years. Nobody ever mentions that either. Never.

26 years!
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised no one brings up that our OL has been playing horrible this year. You would think that having a bad OL from 2016 to now someone would bring it up at least occasionally.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals scored a pretty nice player a few years back when they drafted AJ Green.

This year, I've been watching the defensive line a lot. I've noticed that people have trouble blocking Geno Atkins.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Main Steelers stat: they stop doing stupid shit when it doesn't work
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'm surprised no one brings up that John Ross never sees the field. Have we all forgotten our first round pick? Does he even exist? What is life?
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
True- this has been discussed.

But this is still a great thread.

It needs to be said over and over and over.

Thanks to OP for re-stating these facts.
Reply/Quote
John Ross ZERO catches. Not once has this ever been mentioned.
Reply/Quote

Pretty much every aspect of Marvin's record has been talked about at great lengths. Being 8-23 against the Steelers (2-14 at home) is probably his most pitiful stat though. 

Here's a somewhat fresher Marv nugget to chew on:

The Steelers have scored 30 or more points against the Bengals on 20 occasions since the series began in 1970. 7 of those have happened during Marvin's tenure.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 01:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Steelers have scored 30 or points against the Bengals 

I hate when the Steelers score 30 on us, but at least they didn't score any points. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
if you dont like the thread create a new one rather than mock the guy that made it. some of you take it way to personal when people bash the Bengals. it shouldn't control your life. but yes the Steelers own us
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 01:59 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: if you dont like the thread create a new one rather than mock the guy that made it.  some of you take it way to personal when people bash the Bengals. it shouldn't control your life.  but yes the Steelers own us

What thread are you reading? I've not seen anyone take anything the OP said personally. And the only mocking that's been done is OP's assertion that no one's talked about Merv's record against the Steelers when that is brought up ALL THE FRIGGIN' TIME.

So, why don't you take your own advice? If you don't like the responses in a thread, start a new one and don't take any of the posts personally.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote