Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Steelers Offense is basically better than ours at every positon
I disagree when people say we're close to competing for a Super Bowl. The gap is pretty large.

If you look at the Steelers offense, they're better than us at every single position. The only one that it's close at is WR1 with Brown and Green being fairly similar.

But, their offensive line is better at every position.

They can run the ball better with Bell who is considered a Top RB.

Roethlisberger is more successful than Dalton.

Shuster is better Lafell.

Now IF we could make a quality offensive line like the Steelers have...that might make Mixon a star RB and put us closer...but the gap is far.
Reply/Quote
Scheme, scheme, scheme, and guts.  The Bengals have none, and it drives me nuts.  

Clean house, new coaches, and the criteria for said coach should be exactly what I commented on the Paul Brown thread:

1.) Innovation
2.) Discipline
3.) Dedication
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Stoolers O-line sucked like ours and they went out and hired Munchek, meanwhile we have a worthless ***** in Paul Alexander.

[Image: pav.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 12:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I disagree when people say we're close to competing for a Super Bowl. The gap is pretty large.

If you look at the Steelers offense, they're better than us at every single position. The only one that it's close at is WR1 with Brown and Green being fairly similar.

But, their offensive line is better at every position.

They can run the ball better with Bell who is considered a Top RB.

Roethlisberger is more successful than Dalton.

Shuster is better Lafell.

Now IF we could make a quality offensive line like the Steelers have...that might make Mixon a star RB and put us closer...but the gap is far.

Exactly right, Steelers have invested the time and resources into the line (both sides) and it shows when we play them.

Not sure but don’t we always seem to disappear when we play physical teams? Like we easily get intimidated ? With the exception being Burfict who never backs down.

The playoff meltdown game was the 1 time I recollect we hung tough and didn’t just hide
Reply/Quote
Andy and Ben are a lot closer then people think. RB will be a non issue after this season because Bell will be gone(Why do you think there giving him 30 carries per a game because they don't give a shit about him long term). We drafted Ross who can be at the least similar to JU JU. Offensive Line is the only thing really separating us.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 01:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Scheme, scheme, scheme, and guts.  The Bengals have none, and it drives me nuts.  

Clean house, new coaches, and the criteria for said coach should be exactly what I commented on the Paul Brown thread:

1.) Innovation
2.) Discipline
3.) Dedication

After that first line, i was looking for a rhyme in the second one. Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Would agree if it were only the OL.

But disagree outside of OL.

In fact think we would smoke them if OL was even ok.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 01:15 PM)Rattler Wrote: Stoolers O-line sucked like ours and they went out and hired Munchek, meanwhile we have a worthless ***** in Paul Alexander.

[Image: pav.jpg]

This

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 01:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Andy and Ben are a lot closer then people think. RB will be a non issue after this season because Bell will be gone(Why do you think there giving him 30 carries per a game because they don't give a shit about him long term). We drafted Ross who can be at the least similar to JU JU. Offensive Line is the only thing really separating us.

Perhaps not.  Just my opinion, but I think they will slap him with the transition tag so the market can set the price and have the right of first refusal to the deal.  Honestly, I don't think the market price will be anywhere near what Bell is looking to get.  First, I can't think of who would throw stupid money at him for a 5 year deal besides the usual suspects (Jones and Snyder).  One of them already has a great back, the other won't be able to afford him and a QB.  Irsay is a guy who could try to woo him, but then Mixon would be saying Bell is trying to emulate him by lining up behind a garbage line.
Reply/Quote
Who in the bright blue hell says the Bengals are a super bowl contender?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 01:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Andy and Ben are a lot closer then people think. RB will be a non issue after this season because Bell will be gone(Why do you think there giving him 30 carries per a game because they don't give a shit about him long term). We drafted Ross who can be at the least similar to JU JU. Offensive Line is the only thing really separating us.

No they're not. One's a future HoF and the other is Andy Dalton. 

Reply/Quote

So IF a bunch of hypothetical things that probably won't all happen...happen...we'll only be an offensive line apart from them?

That's comforting.
Reply/Quote

Steelers will franchise Bell again. If anybody is gone it could be Ben.  Steelers also had O-line issues for years while Ben took a beating with more sacks than almost every QB. That catches up eventually and if you notice Ben does not take the hits like he used to.

Bengals need more discipline and better drafting. They should think about new coaches and drafting a new QB, but their draft position is not high enough. They would be better off getting rid of the thugs on defense too and play better skilled men rather than blunt hammers.
Reply/Quote

Really? Ben is a 1st ballot hall of famer

I’m starting to believe evaluations on this board are biased by a dislike of a team instead of an impartial comparison
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:30 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: Really? Ben is a 1st ballot hall of famer

I’m starting to believe evaluations on this board are biased by a dislike of a team instead of an impartial comparison

Yep. And generally people on the board assume that most of the rookies we draft will be atleast Good starters and potential Pro Bowl players. Reality is, we'll be lucky if any 2 guys in a draft turn into a quality starter.

The Steelers have won an insane amount of playoff games since we last won 1 single playoff game...and they do way more with less cap space than we perennially have. Extremely well managed. Yet people always talk about how we're going to overtake them.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And generally people on the board assume that most of the rookies we draft will be atleast Good starters and potential Pro Bowl players. Reality is, we'll be lucky if any 2 guys in a draft turn into a quality starter.

The Steelers have won an insane amount of playoff games since we last won 1 single playoff game...and they do way more with less cap space than we perennially have. Extremely well managed. Yet people always talk about how we're going to overtake them.

We may not like it but we must accept the fact the Steelers are a model franchise in how they are run from a owner and management standpoint. Instead of trashing them we should be striving to be like them and as fans we can only wish our owner would realize maybe I should try to do things like my divisional rival who he should be quite familiar with
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:30 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: Really? Ben is a 1st ballot hall of famer

He is first ballot Hall of famer because he plays for the Steelers. 17-15 interception seasons are terrible for a QB yet he did it and his team won a Superbowl that season. The guy isn't as good as everyone makes him out to be but since his teams won a couple of  Superbowls the guy is "elite".
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So IF a bunch of hypothetical things that probably won't all happen...happen...we'll only be an offensive line apart from them?

That's comforting.

Yes if we improve our offensive line we're just as good if not better than the Steelers. Look at what we did in 13 and 15 healthy weapons and a decent offensive line. We were step by step with the Steelers.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:36 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is first ballot Hall of famer because he plays for the Steelers. 17-15 interception seasons are terrible for a QB yet he did it and his team won a Superbowl that season. The guy isn't as good as everyone makes him out to be but since his teams won a couple of  Superbowls the guy is "elite".

I hate the Steelers as much as anyone, but this is just simply not true. Ben is a generational type QB who is an absolute nightmare for opposing defenses due to his size and ability to extend plays.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I hate the Steelers as much as anyone, but this is just simply not true. Ben is a generational type QB who is an absolute nightmare for opposing defenses due to his size and play making ability. The 1st SB win he wasn't great, but he was a big part of the second one.

This is absolute fact. I hate the Steelers and I hate the rapist, but he is a great QB and a first ballot HOFer. Like any and every QB, he's had bad games, off seasons, and so on, but at the end of the day, he's a top 10 QB at minimum and more like a top 5.
Reply/Quote