Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Steelers hate America
And their fans agree....

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/26/steelers-fans-burn-jerseys-in-protest-of-team/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4918746/Steelers-fan-burns-1000-merchandise-NFL-protests.html

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ5SgaKSz8M

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1543101/Steelers-fan-burns-jersey-waving-American-flag.html

Reply/Quote
The feeling is mutual.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Funny because I remember James Harrison saying he wouldnt tolerate any of that kneeling crap last season.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 03:11 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Funny because I remember James Harrison saying he wouldnt tolerate any of that kneeling crap last season.

When did they kneel?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:13 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: When did they kneel?

Also he never said that.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:13 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: When did they kneel?

Staying in the locker room and being too good to come out and even acknowledge the flag is worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 10:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Staying in the locker room and being too good to come out and even acknowledge the flag is worse.

And how do you know this was their motivation?
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 10:48 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: And how do you know this was their motivation?

What was their motivation?  That they're too good?

Not sure when I ever mentioned motivation.

Regardless of their motivation, it's disrespecting the flag.
Reply/Quote
Watch this guy burn thousands of dollars worth of Steelers gear because he says he has family members in the military and his great uncle died at Pearl Harbor.

I love that raping women wasn't enough to turn them away, but at least they don't stand for disrespecting our country.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 10:48 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: And how do you know this was their motivation?

Wasn't their motivation 'if we can't agree to stand or kneel as a team, we'll just not leave the tunnel'?

That's at least what I gathered from all the noise. It's of course ironic since its against league rules to not be on the sideline during the anthem, though it's pretty obvious by now that the team won't be punished.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 08:33 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Wasn't their motivation 'if we can't agree to stand or kneel as a team, we'll just not leave the tunnel'?

That's at least what I gathered from all the noise. It's of course ironic since its against league rules to not be on the sideline during the anthem, though it's pretty obvious by now that the team won't be punished.

Two other teams stayed in the tunnel also, not just the Steelers. The motivation to do that was to AVOID all this stupid bullshit and not make the anthem about the players. To my knowledge, like the Bengals,  not one Steeler has ever knelt for the anthem (though I'm not positive). It was kind of a 'protest against the protest'. They chose to enter the field after the anthem, just like most NFL teams did up until about 8-9 years ago, when the military paid the NFL millions to have the teams come out earlier, unfurl giant flags on the field, etc. 

It backfired tremendously. No one understood what they were doing or why, so idiots that don't bother to fact check or get more information, start burning stuff. (But hey they got their 15 minutes....) Even Villanueva was on board with their decision and has tried to set the record straight since.  Personally, I think if every team stayed in the tunnel for the next few games ( like they did up until recently), it takes the spotlight away from any kneelers / protesters, and this whole stupid mess will fizzle out. 

I have less a problem with a team trying to diffuse the situation, then I do knowing that a good portion of those burning stuff and crying about disrespecting the flag, are the same hypocrites at the games that pay little attention to the anthem, are taking selfies and pictures, feeding their face with nachos, waving to their friends in another section while talking to them on their cell phones, drinking their beer, leaving their hats on, laughing and high fiveing their buddies, etc...all during the anthem.  I see it every Bengals game, and I'm sure that scene plays out in every other stadium every Sunday . But hey, they'll burn a jersey if it'll get them some hits on Youtube.

Just curious how many of us stand and sing the national anthem when watching a game on TV. How many of us criticize a player taking a knee, while we're sitting in our Lazyboy eating wings and drinking a beer during the anthem?

I personally think it has all got ridiculously blown out of proportion...In the overall scheme of things it's just not that big a deal.  There are far more important issues that affect us and warrant our energy and concern than this does.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 12:17 PM)BMK Wrote: Two other teams stayed in the tunnel also, not just the Steelers. The motivation to do that was to AVOID all this stupid bullshit and not make the anthem about the players. To my knowledge, like the Bengals,  not one Steeler has ever knelt for the anthem (though I'm not positive). It was kind of a 'protest against the protest'. They chose to enter the field after the anthem, just like EVERY NFL team did up until about 8-9 years ago, when the military paid the NFL millions to have the teams come out earlier, unfurl giant flags on the field, etc. 

It backfired tremendously. No one understood what they were doing or why, so idiots that don't bother to fact check or get more information, start burning stuff. (But hey they got their 15 minutes....) Even Villanueva was on board with their decision and has tried to set the record straight since.  Personally, I think if every team stayed in the tunnel for the next few games ( like they always did up until recently), it takes the spotlight away from any kneelers / protesters, and this whole stupid mess will fizzle out. 

I have less a problem with a team trying to diffuse the situation, then I do knowing that a good portion of those burning stuff and crying about disrespecting the flag, are the same hypocrites at the games that pay little attention to the anthem, are taking selfies and pictures, feeding their face with nachos, waving to their friends in another section while talking to them on their cell phones, drinking their beer, leaving their hats on, laughing and high fiveing their buddies, etc...all during the anthem.  I see it every Bengals game, and I'm sure that scene plays out in every other stadium every Sunday . But hey, they'll burn a jersey if it'll get them some hits on Youtube.

Just curious how many of us stand and sing the national anthem when watching a game on TV. How many of us criticize a player taking a knee, while we're sitting in our Lazyboy eating wings and drinking a beer during the anthem?

I personally think it has all got ridiculously blown out of proportion...In the overall scheme of things it's just not that big a deal.  There are far more important issues that affect us and warrant our energy and concern than this does.

The 2009 change was only for Prime Time games. Up until that point, teams stayed in locker rooms due to timing concerns of the networks. It's been a common practice for teams to be on the field during the anthem previous to 2009 for regular Sunday games. 

I've heard 2 different players, from different teams, recount how the coach (Paul Brown was one of them) used to have the team practice standing at attention on the sideline, for the anthem...during practice. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 01:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've heard 2 different players, from different teams, recount how the coach (Paul Brown was one of them) used to have the team practice standing at attention on the sideline, for the anthem...during practice. 

Your speaking of a different error when people never forgot where they came, your word was important and many didn't want something for nothing, unlike today. Self respect and love of country had a different meaning. Todays generations have no clue what sacrifices need to be made to have a free country. However, when you look at the sacrifices made by almost everyone during WWI & II, it speaks volumes.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 01:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The 2009 change was only for Prime Time games. Up until that point, teams stayed in locker rooms due to timing concerns of the networks. It's been a common practice for teams to be on the field during the anthem previous to 2009 for regular Sunday games. 

I've heard 2 different players, from different teams, recount how the coach (Paul Brown was one of them) used to have the team practice standing at attention on the sideline, for the anthem...during practice. 

Prior to 2009, there was no rule that said teams had to be on the field prior to the anthem for any game. Some did, but most didn't. My family has been s.t. holders since Riverfront and I've been to many many games as a kid and now as an adult. The norm then  was that both teams stormed the field as the last notes of the anthem were played. It was actually pretty cool, if not a bit emotional.

I'm sure Paul Brown used to have the team practice how to properly stand in the lunch line, also. Different era for sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 08:33 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Wasn't their motivation 'if we can't agree to stand or kneel as a team, we'll just not leave the tunnel'?

I don't believe it is against the rules.  It wasn't even a thing for players to be on the field during the anthem until 2009.  
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 02:42 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I don't believe it is against the rules.  It wasn't even a thing for players to be on the field during the anthem until 2009.  

And that has been disputed by numerous NFL Radio announcers who played way prior to that who state they were always on the field....
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 04:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And that has been disputed by numerous NFL Radio announcers who played way prior to that who state they were always on the field....

The vast majority were on the field. There wasn't anything organized about it like there is now but it was the exception to not a have a team on the sideline when the anthem was played. 

The 2009 thing was more of an organization for all teams across the board, as well as making sure teams were out there for Prime Time games, where before they were kept in the locker room until it was over. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 12:52 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Watch this guy burn thousands of dollars worth of Steelers gear because he says he has family members in the military and his great uncle died at Pearl Harbor.

I love that raping women wasn't enough to turn them away, but at least they don't stand for disrespecting our country.

ThumbsUp

Raping women is worse than kneeling for the national anthem... It's not even close.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 06:31 PM)jason Wrote: Raping women is worse than kneeling for the national anthem... It's not even close.

Apparently not to Steelers fans  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 02:42 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I don't believe it is against the rules.  It wasn't even a thing for players to be on the field during the anthem until 2009.  

You're sort of right? It's weird. There's no official rule of it but it's in the NFL operations manual that teams must be on the sidelines for the national anthem. 

That doesn't make any sense. Whatever. The whole thing is blown so far out of proportion now it doesn't even matter.
Reply/Quote