Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Steelers loss was the nail in the coffin for this season
Sorry but the nail in the coffin for this season was that loss to the Steelers, after that game they go on to get blown out by the Chiefs, barely beat a trash Bucs team and then you see the results today. Now this team is sitting at 5-4 and if they lose to the Ravens they’ll be at .500. I don’t see this team winning many more games, if any. The defense is atrocious, the offense isn’t much better. This is looking like yet another lost season. Same bull crap different year
Reply/Quote
I cleaned up my yard around the middle of the 2Q when it was 21-7. I came back inside for a second with 1 second left in the half to see it go 35-7, I had no idea what happened - but it validated my decision to stop watching, lol.

From us fan boys/girls/men/women, to try and not watch a game from the very beginning is going to be tough.

A few yeras ago we were playing CLE and Dalton threw a pick on the first play of the game, I turned it off. That was still 1 play, lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:01 PM)Trademark Wrote: Sorry but the nail in the coffin for this season was that loss to the Steelers, after that game they go on to get blown out by the Chiefs, barely beat a trash Bucs team and then you see the results today. Now this team is sitting at 5-4 and if they lose to the Ravens they’ll be at .500. I don’t see this team winning many more games, if any. The defense is atrocious, the offense isn’t much better. This is looking like yet another lost season. Same bull crap different year

+1.

There was no way the Bengals should have lost to Pittsburgh a month or so ago. That game was won until the defense came on the field with a minute left. I was in the hospital that weekend and I nearly pulled my IV out in desperation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We'll beat the Browns once (here or there) and the Raiders, maybe the Broncos, they're nothing special just like us. We'll lose to Cleveland once, at the Ravens, at the Chargers, and get our heads caved in at Pit, unless they have no seeding to play for. 8-8.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:07 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We'll beat the Browns once (here or there) and the Raiders, maybe the Broncos, they're nothing special just like us. We'll lose to Cleveland once, at the Ravens, at the Chargers, and get our heads caved in at Pit, unless they have no seeding to play for. 8-8.

This team is not beating the Browns. Browns are playing better than this team. They’ll also make Carr look like a stud. I’m sorry but this team had absolutely no chance
Reply/Quote
I disagree with you big guy. The nail in the coffin was the day Marvin Lewis was re-signed to another extension. That was the day I wrote this season off and like a tv show on reruns, am watching the Typical Marvin/Mike show for another season.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:11 PM)Trademark Wrote: This team is not beating the Browns. Browns are playing better than this team. They’ll also make Carr look like a stud. I’m sorry but this team had absolutely no chance

Let’s figure a “dead cat bounce” win or two near the end of the season. 8-8 seems reasonable to me. It’s the “Marvin average.”
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:11 PM)Trademark Wrote: This team is not beating the Browns. Browns are playing better than this team. They’ll also make Carr look like a stud. I’m sorry but this team had absolutely no chance

No need to apologize, since you're just stating an opinion, not fact.  

Of course they can beat the Browns once.  Yeah, they looked good today, but they're the Browns, and they usually find a way to Brown it up somehow.   No sweep, but I see one W here or up there.  Your mileage may vary.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let’s figure a “dead cat bounce” win or two near the end of the season.  8-8 seems reasonable to me.  It’s the “Marvin average.”

Another good reason to hope:  the DCB.  Always good for a win or two and to move us down a few picks, like clockwork.
Reply/Quote
All I gotta say is FIRE TERYL AUSTIN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
Reply/Quote
Red Dead Redemption 2 > watching Bengals football

I didn’t watch a single snap today. Held up a few stagecoaches. Hogtied and fed a bad guy to a gator. Oh, and saved a lady from a gang of cannibal rednecks! And I did it all without clapping or yelling “Let’s go!”
Reply/Quote
Let's see now, who are the best OTs coming out of college at the end of this year. I've more or less moved on to the draft. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:18 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Red Dead Redemption 2 > watching Bengals football

Just downloaded it..hope its good.  Im by no means a gamer and play just a few hours a year but once in awhile a game gets me pumped.  
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:18 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Red Dead Redemption 2 > watching Bengals football

I didn’t watch a single snap today. Held up a few stagecoaches. Hogtied and fed a bad guy to a gator. Oh, and saved a lady from a gang of cannibal rednecks! And I did it all without clapping or yelling “Let’s go!”

That's because you see better than you hear, so you kept shovelin' and did your job  :andy:

Keep forgetting to pick up a copy, but I'm looking forward to playing that soon.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:01 PM)Trademark Wrote: Same bull crap different year

You mean you posting a negative post after each loss?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:03 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: All I gotta say is FIRE TERYL AUSTIN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

A team that takes winning seriously would have already. No one can win with the garbage defense this man produces. Its beyond pathetic. Its like we are a paid practice defense, meant to help offenses perfect their plays by "almost" defending them.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let’s figure a “dead cat bounce” win or two near the end of the season.  8-8 seems reasonable to me.  It’s the “Marvin average.”

Don't see by 2 more possible wins.  One with the Browns and the Raiders
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 07:01 PM)Trademark Wrote: Sorry but the nail in the coffin for this season was that loss to the Steelers, after that game they go on to get blown out by the Chiefs, barely beat a trash Bucs team and then you see the results today. Now this team is sitting at 5-4 and if they lose to the Ravens they’ll be at .500. I don’t see this team winning many more games, if any. The defense is atrocious, the offense isn’t much better. This is looking like yet another lost season. Same bull crap different year

The stinkin stoolers will flat out win the division AGAIN,they just kill us for 45 years.Folks they have six super bowl rings,I said 6.Can you just think about that for a little bit. We are the laughing stock of the nfl and most of all sports history.Think about that for awhile.Its just mind blogging.So insane,and I have to ask,why us and why our bengals. I truly believe with all my heart this franchise is so cursed,its an evil thing.No matter the year,the coach or even the players,they simply cannot win.Two loses in two super bowls and they should have one the first one.I have been beat down so long,I have trouble seeing the sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cry Mellow Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: You mean you posting a negative post after each loss?

Do you blame me?
Reply/Quote
Losing Eifert was a bigger loss than the Steelers loss. Offense has gone down hill since then.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote