Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Suicide Squad
I'm not really a fan of the Super Hero genre, but am a huge fan of these. Watched this over the weekend and liked it every bit as much as Suicide Squad. If you've ever wanted to try HBO Max; I highly recommend doing so. For $14.95 you can get this and a few others
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 02:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not really a fan of the Super Hero genre, but am a huge fan of these. Watched this over the weekend and liked it every bit as much as Suicide Squad. If you've ever wanted to try HBO Max; I highly recommend doing so. For $14.95 you can get this and a few others

dont you have to pay a fee to watch the movies on top of the suscription?
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 04:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: dont you have to pay a fee to watch the movies on top of the suscription?

Not HBO Max. There are some. Disney is an example.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I thought it was a blast. FAR better than the first one. James Gunn is the man.

Reply/Quote
Might have to watch this, I love Margot Robbie.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 09:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Might have to watch this, I love Margot Robbie.

Who doesn’t, Nate?! I swear, they must have something in the water down there in Australia. So many beautiful women.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 10:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who doesn’t, Nate?! I swear, they must have something in the water down there in Australia. So many beautiful women.

Yeah, want to mate a lot of them mate lol

Also love Yvonne Strahovski, babe and lots of other babe Aussie women down under.
Reply/Quote
Much better than the first, but I still have a problem really giving a damn about any of the characters in these films. It was fun, but after the opening scene it was pretty cookie-cutter and predictable.
Reply/Quote
I loved it. I heard several people classify it as cheesy and stupid (not necessarily in a bad way) and I agree with that sentiment, but its definitely in the great way. If I had to rank the DCEU movies right now:

Shazam
Wonder Woman -
The Suicide Squad - Tied somewhere with these other 2.
Aquaman -
Man of Steel
Batman v Superman (Extended cut)
Synder Cut of Justice League
Birds of Prey
Suicide Squad
Wonder Woma 1984
Justice League
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 04:02 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I loved it. I heard several people classify it as cheesy and stupid (not necessarily in a bad way) and I agree with that sentiment, but its definitely in the great way. If I had to rank the DCEU movies right now:

Shazam
Wonder Woman -
Aquaman -
Man of Steel
Birds of Prey
Suicide Squad
Wonder Woma 1984
Justice League

did anyone like "The Joker"   wife and I were completely bored thru the whole thing.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 09:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: did anyone like "The Joker"   wife and I were completely bored thru the whole thing.

I loved it. But I pretty much think Joaquin Phoenix is brilliant in everything he’s in. It also was clearly heavily influenced by one of my all time favorite films in Taxi Driver. So it was right up my alley.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 09:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: did anyone like "The Joker"   wife and I were completely bored thru the whole thing.

I loved The Joker.  There wasn't much action in it, but I didn't think there needed to be.  Didn't Phoenix win an Oscar for his performance?  

Has anyone heard if there is a 2nd Joker coming out?  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote

I loved Joker. It would top my list, but it's part of the DC Black Label type content.

It's also a terrible Batman movie. It's just Taxi Driver with a Joker theme slapped on it. Not to mean its bad or even that it couldn't be a good batman movie.

My thought is that you can fast forward it to present time and just explain that Joker is reliving that origin in his head in the present day and he appears in the reimaging of the events at his present age. Kind of. It's still like 40 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 04:02 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I loved it. I heard several people classify it as cheesy and stupid (not necessarily in a bad way) and I agree with that sentiment, but its definitely in the great way. If I had to rank the DCEU movies right now:

Shazam
Wonder Woman -
Aquaman -
Man of Steel
Birds of Prey
Suicide Squad
Wonder Woma 1984
Justice League

Really liked Aquaman and I am not much into the Marvel, DC or comic movies. But Aquaman was cool.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 10:44 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I loved Joker. It would top my list, but it's part of the DC Black Label type content.

It's also a terrible Batman movie. It's just Taxi Driver with a Joker theme slapped on it. Not to mean its bad or even that it couldn't be a good batman movie.

My thought is that you can fast forward it to present time and just explain that Joker is reliving that origin in his head in the present day and he appears in the reimaging of the events at his present age. Kind of. It's still like 40 years ago.

there was just nothing entertaining about that movie at all...
Reply/Quote

I'm with you.  I didn't like it at all and I went in with pretty high expectations.  I don't think I was even able to finish it.

I thought it was shot great.  They did a really good job making Gotham City seem like 70's New York.  I just thought the story was terrible.  I get what they were trying to go for it was just boring.
Reply/Quote
Thought of another movie that hardly anyone has seen. Cedar Rapids. It's kind of a dark comedy but I thought it had some pretty hilarious parts. John C Reily is great in it, although he's great in everything that's not Holmes and Watson.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 04:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Thought of another movie that hardly anyone has seen.  Cedar Rapids.  It's kind of a dark comedy but I thought it had some pretty hilarious parts.  John C Reily is great in it, although he's great in everything that's not Holmes and Watson.

[Image: ed-helms-cedar-rapids.jpg?w=584]

I won't lie I secretly like that movie and have watched it quite a few times. It's idk how to explain it. its funny in the way Napoleon Dynamite or something is funny. It's not outright hahaha its just this weird kind of funny.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 04:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Thought of another movie that hardly anyone has seen.  Cedar Rapids.  It's kind of a dark comedy but I thought it had some pretty hilarious parts.  John C Reily is great in it, although he's great in everything that's not Holmes and Watson.

I just realized this, but did the underrated comedy thread bleed into this suicide squad thread a little bit?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 04:44 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I just realized this, but did the underrated comedy thread bleed into this suicide squad thread a little bit?

Whoops.  Yeah, I somehow forgot which thread I was in. lol
Reply/Quote