Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The TE market
(03-02-2022, 06:24 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: If you have a good TE that is a blocking machine, it gives burrow extra time to find, chase, higgens, boyd, or mixon out of the backfield.  Also, unless the TE hands are made of stone, he is always an option as well, especially for those pesky 3rd and shorts the killed us this past season

I don't know many TE's that can block and End 1 on 1, maybe Gronk? Kittle?

Sample is a damn good blocker but he isn't as good as Gronk that is for sure.

All I know is I want a TE that can do both and Sample isn't good in the passing game. Props to him and his blocking though.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 03:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
This is a bit concerning wrt what Uzomah is going to cost.

I honestly don't understand why they would look to keep Njoku after already having and paying Austin Hooper and Jarvis Landry.
There's only so much room in the middle of the field!

In all seriousness though, Njoku has been maybe a little better than Uzomah, but not much.
If Njoku really does get $10 mill, we might need to seriously expect Uzomah to get offered $8 mill by someone.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 07:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I honestly don't understand why they would look to keep Njoku after already having and paying Austin Hooper and Jarvis Landry.
There's only so much room in the middle of the field!

In all seriousness though, Njoku has been maybe a little better than Uzomah, but not much.
If Njoku really does get $10 mill, we might need to seriously expect Uzomah to get offered $8 mill by someone.

I think they cut Hooper as a post June 1 for a pretty substantial cap savings to essentially move his money to Njoku. They already have Hunter Bryant who is arguably as productive as Hooper.

I said in another thread I think CJ probably does end up in the 7-8 range per year only because as the cap goes up the salary of players, even average ones, trend upward. The other option is we go with a Jared Cook on a one year deal and head back to the draft, which does have a decent amount of pass catching TE’s in the 2nd/3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 08:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think they cut Hooper as a post June 1 for a pretty substantial cap savings to essentially move his money to Njoku. They already have Hunter Bryant who is arguably as productive as Hooper.

I said in another thread I think CJ probably does end up in the 7-8 range per year only because as the cap goes up the salary of players, even average ones, trend upward. The other option is we go with a Jared Cook on a one year deal and head back to the draft, which does have a decent amount of pass catching TE’s in the 2nd/3rd.

Would love Jared Cook in stripes, I know he is a little older but on a one year prove it deal he is an upgrade as a pass catcher.

Not as good of a blocker though at all. So he might be out of the question simply cause of this. At least I have never seen Cook 
block well. Seems too skinny of a TE to block well.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I don't think NJoku will have that much of an impact on CJ contract.

1) He is way more talented.
2.)He is 26 VS CJs 29.
3.) And he No Achilles injury.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 08:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think they cut Hooper as a post June 1 for a pretty substantial cap savings to essentially move his money to Njoku. They already have Hunter Bryant who is arguably as productive as Hooper.

I'd be willing to gamble on OJ Howard, but that's just me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I know this is very irresponsible of me, but I'm more excited to see if we sign a pass catching TE to help improve our red zone efficiency than I am the OL. I don't think TE is more important, it's just sexier.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 11:42 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: I know this is very irresponsible of me, but I'm more excited to see if we sign a pass catching TE to help improve our red zone efficiency than I am the OL. I don't think TE is more important, it's just sexier.

Your sentiment makes sense. Now that we're building a strong foundation as a contending team, it's fun to think about the entire roster. I geek out thinking about how it would be sweet to add a dynamic kick or punt returner on the level of a Devin Hester type player. Why? Just as you said, it's sexy.

Reality, we can want an improved OL but also dream-up other ways for the team to improve. Good call though attaching your wish list to focus on red zone improvements.
Reply/Quote
Kyle Rudolph was just released by the Giants.

Edit - I see that there is a separate thread.
Reply/Quote