Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The TRUTH about the Bengals-Steelers game
First and foremost, the refs OVERALL called a decent game. With that said, they DID decide the outcome of the game by calling a penalty on Pacman and NOT calling one on Porter. Jones penalty was FAR from egregious and what should have happened were offsetting penalties (the penalty on Burfict was the right call and should stand). Had they done that, the kicker has to make a challenging 50 yard FG in the rain. Not a given, but if he makes it, there'd be a lot less drama.

Also, Shazier deserved a penalty for his hit on Gio and the fact that the league hasn't addressed it means, among other things, they truly do NOT care about player safety. Honestly, this crap is the only thing that still pisses me off. I don't like the no call on Porter, but Shazier not receiving a fine and, worse, idiots in the media DEFENDING the hit ...

Wheaton's TD should not have counted. He bobbled the ball between his 2 steps. The replay want super obvious so I can understand why it wasn't overturned but still, the bobble is there.

Lastly, there's no one person that's at fault for the Bengals losing (I fall into the blame Hill group, FYI), but the thing to remember is that the Steelers didn't win the game, the Bengals lost it. . They "bungled" the game. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, as the late Stuart Scott used to say.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 07:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: First and foremost, the refs OVERALL called a decent game. With that said, they DID decide the outcome of the game by calling a penalty on Pacman and NOT calling one on Porter. Jones penalty was FAR from egregious and what should have happened were offsetting penalties (the penalty on Burfict was the right call and should stand). Had they done that, the kicker has to make a challenging 50 yard FG in the rain. Not a given, but if he makes it, there'd be a lot less drama.

Also, Shazier deserved a penalty for his hit on Gio and the fact that the league hasn't addressed it means, among other things, they truly do NOT care about player safety. Honestly, this crap is the only thing that still pisses me off. I don't like the no call on Porter, but Shazier not receiving a fine and, worse, idiots in the media DEFENDING the hit ...

Wheaton's TD should not have counted. He bobbled the ball between his 2 steps. The replay want super obvious so I can understand why it wasn't overturned but still, the bobble is there.

Lastly, there's no one person that's at fault for the Bengals losing (I fall into the blame Hill group, FYI), but the thing to remember is that the Steelers didn't win the game, the Bengals lost it. . They "bungled" the game. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, as the late Stuart Scott used to say.

That's not all truthful though, but  I didn't expect you to get through a post that large without being insincere somewhere along the way.

So because your guy got his bell rung and Shazier received no penalty, you now believe the NFL does not care about player safety huh?
After they just suspended burfict? After Wallace received a heavy fine a few weeks back? After the Hines Ward rule? James Harrison? ...and the many other players around the league who have been fined?
You were being very untruthful there.

Shaziers hit by the way was perfectly legal.

If they had called a penalty on Porter then they should have called a penalty on the dozen bengals coaches that were on the field.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 07:54 PM)Vlad Wrote: That's not all truthful though, but  I didn't expect you to get through a post that large without being insincere somewhere along the way.

So because your guy got his bell rung and Shazier received no penalty, you now believe the NFL does not care about player safety huh?
After they just suspended burfict? After Wallace received a heavy fine a few weeks back? After the Hines Ward rule? James Harrison? ...and the many other players around the league who have been fined?
You were being very untruthful there.

Shaziers hit by the way was perfectly legal.

If they had called a penalty on Porter then they should have called a penalty on the dozen bengals coaches that were on the field.

I'm sorry if the truth upsets you but everything I said is the truth.

Shazier's hit WAS illegal. You're not allowed a helmet to helmet hit outside the tackle box, which they were.

If there were any coaches on the field, yes they should have been penalized.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 07:54 PM)Vlad Wrote: Shaziers hit by the way was perfectly legal.

You don't think he could have been a professional, been concerned for his fellow NFLPA brother, and made the tackle with his head up ?
Why drop his head and drive it into the ball-carrier ?
(yes, Burfict should have the same compassion)

Quote:If they had called a penalty on Porter then they should have called a penalty on the dozen bengals coaches that were on the field.

Did I miss Cincy coaches antagonizing Steeler players ?

I know you feel you have to defend your team and you enjoy reeling in the trout that flow through here, but please validate the respect that many have afforded you and acknowledge there is a difference.
Reply/Quote
Well, maybe the Bengal defenders should make every hit outside the tackle box with the crown of their helmet, then quit the game and go into the locker room, and then whine about the Steelers to the press. Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The fitting ending for that game would have been a bench clearing brawl!

That's right, a good 'ole Doneybrook!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:18 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Well, maybe the Bengal defenders should make every hit outside the tackle box with the crown of their helmet, then quit the game and go into the lock room, and then whine about the Steelers to the press. Ninja

Someone's been in Jungle Noise recently. Just more proof Steelers and their fans don't follow the rules. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Someone's been in Jungle Noise recently. Just more proof Steelers and their fans don't follow the rules. Ninja

I'm expecting an angry instagram video and a strongly worded petition demanding an investigation in reaction to me.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The fitting ending for that game would have been a bench clearing brawl!

That's right, a good 'ole Doneybrook!

In truth, I was expecting it.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 07:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: First and foremost, the refs OVERALL called a decent game. With that said, they DID decide the outcome of the game by calling a penalty on Pacman and NOT calling one on Porter. Jones penalty was FAR from egregious and what should have happened were offsetting penalties (the penalty on Burfict was the right call and should stand). Had they done that, the kicker has to make a challenging 50 yard FG in the rain. Not a given, but if he makes it, there'd be a lot less drama.

If you're going to insist that the Shazier hit was illegal despite that Mike Carey and various media outlets have explained otherwise, then you have to accept that Joey Porter was allowed to be on the field....despite what Around the Horn and various other media outlets have said.

You (Bengal fans) point to the rule that says that you are not allowed to lower your head and hit with your helmet. And I agree with you that it was a called that they missed. But you're ignoring the part rule regarding coaches being on the field during stoppage in play that says that the other coaches are allowed on the field with the referee's permission. Given that Porter had been out there and the ref's did not make him leave, then it is implicit that he was allowed. 

What is conveniently glossed over is that Jones was flagged for running into the referee while trying to get to Porter, not because he was talking smack to Porter (like Jones has said).

All of that being said, for arguments sake I will give you that they missed flaging Porter and they should have been offsetting penalties. But you must also acknowledge that Gillberry, Burfict, and Jones all physically laid hands on Porter during the melee and at least one of them should've received a personal foul penalty for that. You must also acknowledge that the referee's missed a penalty on the Bengals on for excessive celebration on the Burfict interception when he and three other Bengals all celebrated by running across the field, into the tunnel, and to the locker room, and that the Bengals last drive should have started 15 yards further back than it did. 

The overall point is that there were numerous missed calls during the game and you're focusing the one missed call that you feel cost you the game. (giving you that it was a missed call, I think that it was not). 

So really it boils down to the simple facts are that Burfict hit a defenseless receiver (I don't think that it was malicious, he was simply going for the big hit) and Jones lost his cool and bumped the referee resulting the chip shot field goal. All of the rest is just background noise. 

Bottom line is that if the Bengals would've just kept their cool (especially Jones) they win the game. And yes you are correct, the Bengals lost it more than the Steelers won it. 

Also regarding Jones, I haven't seen any Bengal fans mention him running the kick off out of the endzone. He gained 4 yards but lost 8 seconds doing so. IMO that is either pure selfishness, a lack of awareness, or a lack of coaching. 16 seconds from the 20 allows for the possibility of two plays...one to gain a chunk of yards, and one for the hail mary to reach the EZ. 
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:06 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Also regarding Jones, I haven't seen any Bengal fans mention him running the kick off out of the endzone. He gained 4 yards but lost 8 seconds doing so. IMO that is either pure selfishness, a lack of awareness, or a lack of coaching. 16 seconds from the 20 allows for the possibility of two plays...one to gain a chunk of yards, and one for the hail mary to reach the EZ. 

Jones has the ability to take it all the way back at any moment. And even, if not that, return it far enough to kick a FG with time left.

I have him bring it out no matter where he catches it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm sorry if the truth upsets you but everything I said is the truth.

Shazier's hit WAS illegal. You're not allowed a helmet to helmet hit outside the tackle box, which they were.

If there were any coaches on the field, yes they should have been penalized.

I'm not upset that you're disingenuous and a half-truther...that comes with the territory when you sign up on a bengals fan board.

Since you accidentally overlooked this question i'll ask again.

Because your guy got his bell rung and no penalty on Shazier, do you really believe the NFL has no regard for the safety of its players?
That's what you stated, or were you just lying?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:05 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You don't think he could have been a professional, been concerned for his fellow NFLPA brother, and made the tackle with his head up ?
Why drop his head and drive it into the ball-carrier ?
(yes, Burfict should have the same compassion)

Did I miss Cincy coaches antagonizing Steeler players ?

I know you feel you have to defend your team and you enjoy reeling in the trout that flow through here, but please validate the respect that many have afforded you and acknowledge there is a difference.

[Image: 13z1q1w.jpg]

But, but, but, Joey Porter be antagonizin' us and shit ...
Reply/Quote
I can't believe people actually think the Shitzier hit was legal.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:33 PM)Vlad Wrote: [Image: 13z1q1w.jpg]

But, but, but, Joey Porter be antagonizin' us and shit ...

Ok.... I gave you the opportunity.
I will refrain from debate, as it will accomplish nothing.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:42 PM)treee Wrote: I can't believe people actually think the Shitzier hit was legal.

Even people like former official Mike Pereira?

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:17 PM)Vlad Wrote: Even people like former official Mike Pereira?

MP is an asshat and he showed his bias in a radio interview the other day. Not sure if this is the interview and i'm not going to listen to it because i'm listening to something else right now. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I admire the passion of the post there Phil. but expecting anyone other then Matt (with his goofy new name) to accept that there is any possible way the steelers did something bad is never going to happen. There is a better chance of getting an Indian to eat a cow, then a steeler fan to admit any of their players aren't choir boys. Hell, Vlad and others probably think Vick's dogs deserved it for not winning. That's just how sick they all are.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:17 PM)Vlad Wrote: Even people like former official Mike Pereira?

Well I mean he kinda wussed out. He basically said that even though it's a rule it's not called that much and he's iffy about it. Then why is the damn rule there in the first place? Obviously it's to protect player safety so IDK why it's not being enforced.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:09 AM)treee Wrote: Well I mean he kinda wussed out. He basically said that even though it's a rule it's not called that much and he's iffy about it. Then why is the damn rule there in the first place? Obviously it's to protect player safety so IDK why it's not being enforced.

Yeah. This is the interview i heard yesterday. As i said, that dude is an asshat that did nothing to hide his bias. 

Reply/Quote