Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tate to TE Saga
There is no way this wasn't discussed at least once under Taylor. You hear it every time we have a TE injury/ situation... "Why not Tate?"

So why not?

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:19 AM)jeremydc Wrote: There is no way this wasn't discussed at least once under Taylor. You hear it every time we have a TE injury/ situation... "Why not Tate?"

So why not?

Agreed. If he can block it’s a no brainer
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 04:23 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Agreed. If he can block it’s a no brainer

Tates frame is not conducive to being on the LOS and blocking. He’s too tall to get leverage on linebackers and he’s not extraordinarily strong for his position. So he’d basically be a gimmick TE, and knowing he can’t block at all, most teams would be tipped off that we’re passing whenever he is in.

If you wanted to give him TE reps he’d likely be a red zone guy

Basically if this was something he secretly excelled at, we would’ve already had him at TE
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Also i was literally just about to make a Tate thread because i feel bad with how he’s been ignored.

I know getting PT isn’t a birth right and you have to earn your way but i just feel like he was never given a chance. It’s not fair to carry the position for a year when we’re bad then be totally thrown away the next year.

He didn’t deserve this year.

We win a bowl and I’m sure he won’t care but he didn’t deserve to be cast aside. We could’ve ran 4 WR sets and put him in on all the plays that Stanley Morgan and Michael Thomas were in on
-Housh
Reply/Quote
No. The Super Bowl is not the time to start trying guys at positions they’ve never played.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 05:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No. The Super Bowl is not the time to start trying guys at positions they’ve never played.

Absolutely.

I also believe we were 21-3 down yesterday, after Uzomah was out. It isn't like the team collapsed without him and we need any desperate solution.
Reply/Quote
Thaddeus Moss?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote