Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Taylor Quotes Thread
Starting a thread to put this stuff in because some of it is pretty outrageous...and he seems to say it a decent bit.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Here is reality, fans love head coaches when they win, but when they lose every press conference goes south quickly. You can only say the same thing different ways so many times.

It is really tough to have to go 11 straight losses repeating yourself, no break so to be speak. A lot of fans hated ML speaking and his sayings when things went south and starting losing. They called him names and acted like they were superior. So far ZT is making ML look like BB. Even with 3 really bad years to end his Bengals HC career, he has a winning record. ZT is already 11 games under .500.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Apparently, the fans are having fun being negative

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:30 PM)pally Wrote: Apparently, the fans are having fun being negative  

Yeah...as if we're all just happy that the team is 0-11.

As if we just enjoy the team losing to the Steelers constantly.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That would be the "Wrong Page"...…..
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:10 PM)#1 Bengal Fan in KS Wrote: That would be the "Wrong Page"...…..

The book is upside down and in Spanish.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The book is upside down and in Spanish.

You sure it's not an upside down Chinese braille bible with missing pages?  What can I say? I was always a big George Carlin fan..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
'It's just defeating to lose.'

The 0-11 start is the worst in franchise history. How does it feel to be a part of that history?

“It’s just defeating to lose. Period. I don’t really care about the stats or the records. When you’re competitive, and you’ve put everything you’ve got into it, to lose is the worst feeling there is. And, if you don’t feel that, then you shouldn’t be playing or coaching, to be honest with you. The moment that feeling goes away, then you need to find something else to do. That feeling hasn’t gone away for us. You don’t see a team in the last two weeks compete like they’ve done against some good teams, down to that last whistle, if it still doesn’t hurt and they’re not giving you everything that they’ve got. That’s what we’ve seen from this group.”

https://www.bengals.com/news/what-zac-taylor-and-the-bengals-said-about-the-steelers-after-week-12
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 'It's just defeating to lose.'

The 0-11 start is the worst in franchise history. How does it feel to be a part of that history?

“It’s just defeating to lose. Period. I don’t really care about the stats or the records. When you’re competitive, and you’ve put everything you’ve got into it, to lose is the worst feeling there is. And, if you don’t feel that, then you shouldn’t be playing or coaching, to be honest with you. The moment that feeling goes away, then you need to find something else to do. That feeling hasn’t gone away for us. You don’t see a team in the last two weeks compete like they’ve done against some good teams, down to that last whistle, if it still doesn’t hurt and they’re not giving you everything that they’ve got. That’s what we’ve seen from this group.”

https://www.bengals.com/news/what-zac-taylor-and-the-bengals-said-about-the-steelers-after-week-12

Not cool him attacking fans, this is not fun for any of us. Also, Raiders got blown out by Jets yesterday, a mediocre Jets team so not sure why he thinks Raiders are good. As for Steelers, they have 2 win against us. Are they that good in 2019 with no Ben, no Pounce, No Smith and no Connor?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Not cool him attacking fans, this is not fun for any of us. Also, Raiders got blown out by Jets yesterday, a mediocre Jets team so not sure why he thinks Raiders are good. As for Steelers, they have 2 win against us. Are they that good in 2019 with no Ben, no Pounce, No Smith and no Connor?

They beat us with literally their 4th string QB. (They traded their 3rd string QB to Jax.)

I agree with you.
Reply/Quote
'Good things are to come. I know they’re not visible on the field, necessarily.'

Does the message change after the losses?

“Our message is specific to each week. Every single week. We’re going to keep preaching the things we believe in, knowing that we’re building a foundation for something better. We expected more wins, but they haven’t come. But, we’re not going to change our identity or who we are just because we face some adversity. We’ll get through it. All of the things we’ve been preaching since April will come true. All of the guys who are committed to this organization, and the way we want to do it, there’s a payoff for everybody. Good things are to come. I know they’re not visible on the field, necessarily. But, we believe that we’ll get there.”
Reply/Quote
Do you get frustrated answering all of the questions?

“No. I speak everyday with everybody in the building and we’re all on the same page.”

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 'Good things are to come. I know they’re not visible on the field, necessarily.'

Does the message change after the losses?

“Our message is specific to each week. Every single week. We’re going to keep preaching the things we believe in, knowing that we’re building a foundation for something better. We expected more wins, but they haven’t come. But, we’re not going to change our identity or who we are just because we face some adversity. We’ll get through it. All of the things we’ve been preaching since April will come true. All of the guys who are committed to this organization, and the way we want to do it, there’s a payoff for everybody. Good things are to come. I know they’re not visible on the field, necessarily. But, we believe that we’ll get there.”

what good things are we doing off the field then?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 02:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what good things are we doing off the field then?

They're not visible.
Reply/Quote