Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Thread You Must Read
I was pretty disappointed with the lack of the running game.  I know Uzo had his knee down and should have been called a TD.  I know Boyd's knee was similarly down and should have been Bengal's ball.  I know holding is generally a 10 yard penalty and a repeat of down for the offense, unless you are protecting Pig Ben, then it is ok.  

It is all enough to make you want to vomit, call Goodell, or beat the next person you see in a Pig Ben jersey in to a coma...or all three.

But then I saw it.

Did you see it?  

I saw it and I have never seen it before.  It was an absolute look of determination.  It was a look of comprehension, that it is going to be this way and he is not going to accept it.  

You may point at his statistics and say he didn't have a great game.  A lot of NFL QBs in that climate wouldn't have either.  But after Tuitt hit Dalton late, knocked his helmet off, and Dalton was told by the ref (he admitted this in a post game interview) that Tuitt only took one step by the official, so no flag.  Dalton had relaxed his posture, and was hit so hard in the back, that his helmet flew off, and he was driven in to the mud head-first...without a helmet.  Even if Tuitt did only take one step(he didn't), he saw the ball was out and still drove him to the ground with all his weight on Dalton's back.  

When that wasn't called, and when Boyd's "fumble" wasn't overturned, I saw a different look in Dalton.  I hope I did this right and attached the image, but it was right at the end of the game.  He had a look that said, "OK, if this is how it is going to be...."  You might laugh at me for this, but I honestly think the NFL and the steelers made a huge mistake today.  They have created their worst nightmare:  A Bengal with a tenacity on offense.  We had it on defense.  Bufict, Geno, Adam Jones...but we were lacking that killer mentality on offense.

It has been said that being pick #199 still motivates Brady to this day.  I think Dalton will be taking things to a whole new level.  I am excited to see what comes out of this.  He looked different.  He was, well, pissed off.  And I think he is going to do something about it.  Get ready to screw Roger, Pig Ben, and the entire NFL.  They just created something they weren't expecting...a Bengal that won't quit.  

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see more than that thumbnail, but apparently I don't have permission to.

So there's that.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
The face of getting defeated by bulls***? Not sure that does anything for our future.
Reply/Quote
I see it man. Dalton being on the Bengals was destiny dude. He will bring us out of this darkness and into the light.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The face of getting defeated by bulls***? Not sure that does anything for our future.

You didn't see it, but I'm telling you...He's going to shove it right of their collective arses...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:58 PM)treee Wrote: I see it man. Dalton being on the Bengals was destiny dude. He will bring us out of this darkness and into the light.

Can't tell if you are mocking me, but I'm dead serious.  Sometimes it takes a shit sandwich like that to take someone to a whole new level
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Can't tell if you are mocking me, but I'm dead serious.  Sometimes it takes a shit sandwich like that to take someone to a whole new level

No I'm not. I can tell Dalton takes wrongdoing personally and I'm sure this game will motivate him a great deal. I think we're in for a show next week  Rock On
Reply/Quote
Admiral Isoruku Yamamoto couldn't have said it any better.

"I fear all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." (December 8, 1941)
Reply/Quote
Our defense is there. They have been very gitty and grimey since pauly g took over. They have that killer instinct. They are a bunch of sharks out there

Our offense needs a spark quick, and tbh i think Eifert is the answer. We missed Eifert dearly today.

The NFL and the Steelers are lucky if they didnt piss off Nick Vigil too. They really woulda been doomed
Reply/Quote
They knew what they were doing suspending Burfict for this game
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: They knew what they were doing suspending Burfict for this game

Well yea, you gotta give the Stoolers at least a chance to make the playoffs or the NFL will miss out on all that sweet mulah from their bandwagon "fan base" in the post season.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:28 PM)treee Wrote: Well yea, you gotta give the Stoolers at least a chance to make the playoffs or the NFL will miss out on all that sweet mulah from their bandwagon "fan base" in the post season.  

The NFL is sports entertainment and a business first, and just like everything else in the world $$$$$ is king. Not honesty, not integrity, simple the almighty dollar. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: They knew what they were doing suspending Burfict for this game

If Rooney could have gotten his way, he would have had games 1 and 3 to be Steelers/Bengals games.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was pretty disappointed with the lack of the running game.  I know Uzo had his knee down and should have been called a TD.  I know Boyd's knee was similarly down and should have been Bengal's ball.  I know holding is generally a 10 yard penalty and a repeat of down for the offense, unless you are protecting Pig Ben, then it is ok.  

It is all enough to make you want to vomit, call Goodell, or beat the next person you see in a Pig Ben jersey in to a coma...or all three.

But then I saw it.

Did you see it?  

I saw it and I have never seen it before.  It was an absolute look of determination.  It was a look of comprehension, that it is going to be this way and he is not going to accept it.  

You may point at his statistics and say he didn't have a great game.  A lot of NFL QBs in that climate wouldn't have either.  But after Tuitt hit Dalton late, knocked his helmet off, and Dalton was told by the ref (he admitted this in a post game interview) that Tuitt only took one step by the official, so no flag.  Dalton had relaxed his posture, and was hit so hard in the back, that his helmet flew off, and he was driven in to the mud head-first...without a helmet.  Even if Tuitt did only take one step(he didn't), he saw the ball was out and still drove him to the ground with all his weight on Dalton's back.  

When that wasn't called, and when Boyd's "fumble" wasn't overturned, I saw a different look in Dalton.  I hope I did this right and attached the image, but it was right at the end of the game.  He had a look that said, "OK, if this is how it is going to be...."  You might laugh at me for this, but I honestly think the NFL and the steelers made a huge mistake today.  They have created their worst nightmare:  A Bengal with a tenacity on offense.  We had it on defense.  Bufict, Geno, Adam Jones...but we were lacking that killer mentality on offense.

It has been said that being pick #199 still motivates Brady to this day.  I think Dalton will be taking things to a whole new level.  I am excited to see what comes out of this.  He looked different.  He was, well, pissed off.  And I think he is going to do something about it.  Get ready to screw Roger, Pig Ben, and the entire NFL.  They just created something they weren't expecting...a Bengal that won't quit.  

I made the image a little bigger for ya. 

[Image: KsfiJmB.jpg?1]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:14 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I made the image a little bigger for ya. 

[Image: KsfiJmB.jpg?1]

Problem is. When does he want a raise or when does he start thinking about taking his ball and quitting because of this one way bullshit reffing the Bengals have to compete against?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Problem is. When does he want a raise or when does he start thinking about taking his ball and quitting because of this one way bullshit reffing the Bengals have to compete against?

All I see is resignation! And that's not good.
Reply/Quote
I hope so. Dalton has looked soft to me over the years. The dude never curses (says "dang it!" A lot), the stupid wedding band cover, that pre game Browns speech in 2014, getting tackled before the brawl with the raiders ("Hey!... You can't do that"!)... All screamed wuss to me. I truly hope Dalton lets the anger run through him. I want to see him get fired up and show us a killer instinct
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Problem is. When does he want a raise or when does he start thinking about taking his ball and quitting because of this one way bullshit reffing the Bengals have to compete against?

Never.  The powers that be don't realize that they are creating something that will defeat them.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 01:59 AM)Derrick Wrote: All I see is resignation! And that's not good.

Then you aren't seeing what is happening.  And that's not good, for you.  If someone is more skilled and has the video loop at the end of the game where he is on the sideline and then walks on the field, it may be more clear for you.  I apologize for not being the best at that sort of thing.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 07:53 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I hope so. Dalton has looked soft to me over the years. The dude never curses (says "dang it!" A lot), the stupid wedding band cover, that pre game Browns speech in 2014, getting tackled before the brawl with the raiders ("Hey!... You can't do that"!)... All screamed wuss to me. I truly hope Dalton lets the anger run through him. I want to see him get fired up and show us a killer instinct

Tom Brady looked like (and was built like) a wuss when he was drafted.  His weak "airplane circle" after the Seahawks unbelievably threw an INT at the goalline to give them the Super Bowl screamed wuss.  Every time he gets TOUCHED and whines like a little bytch, he looks like a wuss.  

But he is also the first one in the weight room each day, and is likely the most driven person in the NFL.  He has unmatched determination.  And it stemmed from his initial slighting on draft day.  Dalton has evolved in to a near Top 5 QB.  He has improved every year, despite little support from his fan base until recently.  He just looked different after yesterdays game.  In a good way. 
Reply/Quote