Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Thread You Must Read
I hope Dalton is above being Bengalized.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:11 PM)Gohards Wrote: Our defense is there. They have been very gitty and grimey since pauly g took over. They have that killer instinct. They are a bunch of sharks out there

Our offense needs a spark quick, and tbh i think Eifert is the answer. We missed Eifert dearly today.

The NFL and the Steelers are lucky if they didnt piss off Nick Vigil too. They really woulda been doomed

I'm not too sure that's the case. Eifert didn't do much to pull us out of the doldrums in the Texans game last year with like 3 drops.

Fortunately, we came back and fought at every turn in this game, even when the odds looked grim. Dalton didn't collapse, and the team didn't implode even when the refs blew the game against Pitt (again).

Unfortunately, a loss is a loss, and with 2-0 Denver coming to town, going 1-2 would start to give Pitt a major advantage if they continue to win.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The current problem isn't with Andy. He's doing his part carrying this anemic offense. We need a run game & we need it now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Problem is. When does he want a raise or when does he start thinking about taking his ball and quitting because of this one way bullshit reffing the Bengals have to compete against?

Not going to happen.  And the sooner that any pessimistic types around here realize that this is not CP9 version 2.0, the better.  Andy is a worker, a fighter, and most definitely not a quitter.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 07:53 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I hope so. Dalton has looked soft to me over the years. The dude never curses (says "dang it!" A lot), the stupid wedding band cover, that pre game Browns speech in 2014, getting tackled before the brawl with the raiders ("Hey!... You can't do that"!)... All screamed wuss to me. I truly hope Dalton lets the anger run through him. I want to see him get fired up and show us a killer instinct

Reggie White was an ordained minister....think he cussed much? Mellow That said, Dalton had plenty of fire last season. Spiking the ball in people's faces, pointing after picking up a first down....he's always shown a little, but if you have read up on the guy any, he is humble, and wasn't going to come in here throwing his weight around....not his style.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
See it and believe it.

But why none of the other steeler games sparked this is beyond me.

Not our first rodeo being cheated by refs and steelers though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:58 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You didn't see it, but I'm telling you...He's going to shove it right of their collective arses...

I guess all the ginger jokes back in the day are turning around.  We all know the stigma of redheads having a fiery temper.  And now I think Dalton is experienced enough to use that emotion to harness it and fire up the offense (hopefully specifically the Oline Sad )   A pissed off red rifle now has me kinda excited.  But I have to keep reminding myself that we knew going in these first four games were going to be pretty rough.  I hope we can at least get through 2-2, and catch fire toward the back end of the schedule when momentum as a team means the most!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 08:32 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I'm not too sure that's the case. Eifert didn't do much to pull us out of the doldrums in the Texans game last year with like 3 drops.

Fortunately, we came back and fought at every turn in this game, even when the odds looked grim. Dalton didn't collapse, and the team didn't implode even when the refs blew the game against Pitt (again).

Unfortunately, a loss is a loss, and with 2-0 Denver coming to town, going 1-2 would start to give Pitt a major advantage if they continue to win.

The Bengals are going to kill Denver
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 07:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Bengals are going to kill Denver

If Cincinnati is going to defeat Denver it will be up to the defense.
Reply/Quote
Have seen that face on him many many times, one for each baffling failure from rigged officiating and/or poor coaching. So probably about 200 times. Andy has always had fire, but most of the team plays uninspired and against a double-standard, which goes hand in hand. Why try when the other guys get to cheat?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 10:08 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The current problem isn't with Andy. He's doing his part carrying this anemic offense. We need a run game & we need it now.

Agree, Dalton is doing more than his part.

I did notice a look on is face when Erickson fair caught a ball at about the three or four yesterday.  It was a real "WTH" stare.  I think he is an extremely determined person, but would love to see him get more vocal.
Reply/Quote