Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Tolerant Left at it again
13 months to go.

There are reports and videos of protesters assaulting police, attacking a man walking down the street, spitting on a guy getting interviewed.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Shameful.

I wonder if the police arrested them doing this, that CNN and other liberal news outlets would run the headline "Protesters arrested for demonstrating against Trump!"
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Political violence is never acceptable.

I'm just glad this didn't result in any deaths.
Keep it civil. No matter which "side" you represent, this isn't about who's right or wrong. The idea that a mob mentality is attacking innocent citizens for coming out to express support to a duly elected official, is what's being exposed here. It needs to be seen and processed in the same manner that the tragedy at Charlottesville was. Anyone trying to condone, or justify such violence upon innocent citizens will not be tolerated on this board. We took the same firm stance with anyone that supported the knucklehead that did the killing in Charlottesville, as we are with this situation.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-11-2019, 06:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll wait for Matt and Fred to assign a term for this comment.

It is called "whataboutism".

I'll delete it.
Perhaps a better thread title might have been, "Something your Network News won't talk about"?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-11-2019, 07:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps a better thread title might have been, "Something your Network News won't talk about"?

What network didn't talk about it?
(10-11-2019, 07:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What network didn't talk about it?

Was it talked about on Network News today?  (I worked outside of the office all day, and was just making the typical assumption)

Google search showed 0 results from NBC, ABC, CBS. Just as I suspected..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Was anybody killed in this demonstration?
(10-11-2019, 06:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep it civil. No matter which "side" you represent, this isn't about who's right or wrong. The idea that a mob mentality is attacking innocent citizens for coming out to express support to a duly elected official, is what's being exposed here. It needs to be seen and processed in the same manner that the tragedy at Charlottesville was. Anyone trying to condone, or justify such violence upon innocent citizens will not be tolerated on this board. We took the same firm stance with anyone that supported the knucklehead that did the killing in Charlottesville, as we are with this situation.

This is a terribly pathetic display by these people but by no means is this equivalent to Charlottesville. That cheapens the tragedy that occurred there.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-11-2019, 07:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is a terribly pathetic display by these people but by no means is this equivalent to Charlottesville. That cheapens the tragedy that occurred there.

Ok, so then political violence is fine, so long as no one runs a car into a crowd, gotcha.  I realize that having toxic bodily fluid thrown on them is small potatoes in comparison, but the donors of that urine might have been diseased.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-11-2019, 07:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, so then political violence is fine, so long as no one runs a car into a crowd, gotcha.

That's a gross and incredibly disingenuous things to say.  At no point did I come anywhere close to suggesting even a fraction of this view. 

This does nothing to advance a civil dialogue as you asked us to. For shame. 

(10-11-2019, 07:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's a gross and incredibly disingenuous things to say.  At no point did I come anywhere close to suggesting even a fraction of this view. 

This does nothing to advance a civil dialogue as you asked us to. For shame. 

Great, I'm glad that my purposely worded post got your attention.  Because when you try to diminish what actually happened last night by claiming that comparing it to Charlottesville "only cheapens and demeans what happened there", makes it appear like the events that happened last night were small and insignificant.

Let me ask you this.  Had you and a loved one been leaving an event, and been accosted, attacked, and had urine thrown on you, would you still think it not that big of a deal?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
You reap what you sow.

I don't know if anyone heard the shit coming out of the man's mouth who was basically leading a hate rally before and or during these events. But he is also the same one who has tweeted out threats of a civil war.

Regular folks are getting fed up with this garbage. Things could get worse before they get better as he ramps up his hate speeches and divisive lies and rhetoric.

The republican party is 100% complicit for allowing this to happen.
One of the crazy things about this protest is a portion were identified as anti-war. Do they realize Trump just swore to pull Troops out of the ME and stop what he calls senseless wars over there?

(10-11-2019, 08:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One of the crazy things about this protest is a portion were identified as anti-war. Do they realize Trump just swore to pull Troops out of the ME and stop what he calls senseless wars over there?

http://www.vox.com/platform/amp/world/2019/10/11/20909932/trump-iran-saudi-arabia-troops-esper
(10-11-2019, 08:16 PM)treee Wrote: http://www.vox.com/platform/amp/world/2019/10/11/20909932/trump-iran-saudi-arabia-troops-esper

The wisdom of sending defense assets to SA aside:

That was announced after the protest, so it doesn't mitigate the ignorance of that portion of demonstrators

(10-11-2019, 08:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One of the crazy things about this protest is a portion were identified as anti-war. Do they realize Trump just swore to pull Troops out of the ME and stop what he calls senseless wars over there?

Maybe they are protesting a civil war. You know. The one the clown holding the rally recently threatened us with.
(10-11-2019, 08:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The wisdom of sending defense assets to SA aside:

That was announced after the protest, so it doesn't mitigate the ignorance of that portion of demonstrators

Further into the article it says they've sent 14000 personnel since May, not including the recent SA authorization.
(10-11-2019, 08:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great, I'm glad that my purposely worded post got your attention.  Because when you try to diminish what actually happened last night by claiming that comparing it to Charlottesville "only cheapens and demeans what happened there", makes it appear like the events that happened last night were small and insignificant.

This makes absolutely no sense. Saying that assault isn't the same as murder does not diminish the assault itself. 

Quote:Let me ask you this.  Had you and a loved one been leaving an event, and been accosted, attacked, and had urine thrown on you, would you still think it not that big of a deal?

I would not compare it to being the same thing as murder. By continuing to misrepresent my comments by suggesting I was saying the violence from last night was "small and insignificant" or "not that big of a deal", you are only showing that you were not sincere when you called for civility.