Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
The Trans Movement Just Hit Home.......
(05-03-2023, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He didn't say that you said that, he asserted that another action would impose that as a disservice to women.  

Only in relative recent history in terms of civilized history.

On the last bolded, let's use a recent PR mistake by a huge corporation as an example.  Anheuser Busch decided to embrace the trans community, they have paid dearly for their actions.  Clearly the "change in objective reality" hasn't occurred for their target audience.  I think that you could summarize that by simply stating;  The market has spoken..

They literally made a special can for a person/influencer (which they had done before with others) and the usual suspects lost their minds about "Wokeness". 

The market will stabilize (the knew there would be blowback because...America) and Bud Light will still be sold long after the protestors are all gone...lol.

As to the discussion at hand:  Transwomen don't take anything away from women.  Transmen don't take anything way from men.  Neither is more or less important due to the mere existence of the other, IMHO.

Carry on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 08:42 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Perhaps you missed their management speaking to the fact that they took the "expected outrage" into consideration as part of their decision, knowing that certain types of people would feel obliged to be offended. They knew exactly what they were doing from a long term financial perspective; embracing a whole new generation that is more accepting and understanding.

The people behind that marketing were put on involuntary leave of absence.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/anheuser-busch-shake-up-after-transgender-influencer-was-featured-on-beer-can-a0ed8009
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: As to the discussion at hand:  Transwomen don't take anything away from women.

[Image: 220322-lia-thomas-emma-weyant-jm-1417-71708c.jpg]

Except gold
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:21 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The people behind that marketing were put on involuntary leave of absence.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/anheuser-busch-shake-up-after-transgender-influencer-was-featured-on-beer-can-a0ed8009

It's amusing watching the largest beverage distributor in the world pretend a single rogue marketing wokester hijacked their $60,000,000,000 corporation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's amusing watching the largest beverage distributor in the world pretend a single rogue marketing wokester hijacked their $60,000,000,000 corporation.

Just saying…not sure they KNEW their sales would be down 26%.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:21 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The people behind that marketing were put on involuntary leave of absence.

Heinerscheid has been very vocal about certain things, apart from just this specific situation, which has played a role in the "backlash" she's getting. She's been very blunt and unapologetic about calling out and criticizing a certain segment of the population; which ironically is the same segment that complains about attacks on free speech and cancel culture.

Important to note, "the company said it supported the partnership with Ms. Mulvaney, saying it works with hundreds of influencers to help its brands connect with different demographics." 

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:31 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Just saying…not sure they KNEW their sales would be down 26%.

That's called business, you win some you lose some.  I doubt Fox News knew that enabling and humoring Trump and the MAGA audience after 2020 would cost them nearly $800 million (with more lawsuits to come), their most viewed commentator, and still result in Trump and his fanbase declaring them to be the enemy and abandoning them in droves.

At any rate, this beer thing pales in comparison to the New Coke debacle, and they survived that.  Ahh, back when botched marketing stunts were undone by being flat-out bad and not being political. 

EDIT - Oh and Subway built their brand around, enabled, and hid a dude and his buddy being flat-out sex predators and no one cared and they have the capital to hire pro athletes to shill their sammiches.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:27 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: [Image: 220322-lia-thomas-emma-weyant-jm-1417-71708c.jpg]

Except gold

I remember your deep concern for women's sports before this happened.  Ninja

https://www.aclu.org/news/lgbtq-rights/four-myths-about-trans-athletes-debunked
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: I remember your deep concern for women's sports before this happened.  Ninja

I have to admit despite being a liberal nutbag, I find that image a bit offputting and odd but it's not worth getting in bed with the GOP to do something about.  Plus, the women's USA world cup team is, as far as I know, made up of all women and are multi-time world champions and Trump and the newday conservatives made a point to talk about what miserable shitbag losers they are.

So, yay for women in women's sports fairly winning on an equal playing field as long as they agree with us in which case get them the hell out of the country.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: I remember your deep concern for women's sports before this happened.  Ninja

(05-02-2023, 05:45 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Curious, is “don’t let biological males beat up on biological females in sports and don’t cut the bits off of minors” a reasonable stance around here?

Nope.
Reply/Quote

I remember when you weren't a complete tool and didn't retreat behind virtue signaling to validate your political positioning
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:49 PM)basballguy Wrote: I remember when you weren't a complete tool and didn't retreat behind virtue signaling to validate your political positioning

If I know the political playbook the liberals could just say that they support a gender "don't ask don't tell" in kids sports because they want to protect kids from predatory parents and school board officials who want to inspect their genitals under the guise of sporting fairness purposes.  Example, that little girl ran that race a bit too fast...better let me, a concerned parent, examine her while she is naked to be sure she isn't a boy.  Doctors lie, her parents lie, the school would lie...better let me see. Call it the "Protection for Little Kid's Genitals From Being Viewed By Perverts ACT" and then once it passes just extend it to cover adults, too.

Liberal mission accomplished. 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If I know the political playbook the liberals could just say that they support a gender "don't ask don't tell" in kids sports because they want to protect kids from predatory parents and school board officials who want to inspect their genitals under the guise of sporting fairness purposes.  Example, that little girl ran that race a bit too fast...better let me, a concerned parent, examine her while she is naked to be sure she isn't a boy.  Doctors lie, her parents lie, the school would lie...better let me see. Call it the "Protection for Little Kid's Genitals From Being Viewed By Perverts ACT" and then once it passes just extend it to cover adults, too.

This is a kudos to you.

No matter how radical or unreasonable a position i take, you always seem to find a candid/calm/reasonable position to respond with.  

It makes it forever difficult to disagree with your positioning.  :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 10:02 PM)basballguy Wrote: This is a kudos to you.

No matter how radical or unreasonable a position i take, you always seem to find a candid/calm/reasonable position to respond with.  

It makes it forever difficult to disagree with your positioning.  :)

I always try to think of the most absusrd and amoral thing people could do, I have a knack for it.

This seems like a good time to plug my book, actually.

https://www.amazon.com/Rat-Bastard-Nately-Vee/dp/1667880349
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Nope.

That you put those two things together to make a "point" is telling.  But then it  also shows how you don't understand the subject of transitioning at all too.

To that though it is "reasonable" to be against transwomen in women's sports if you feel that way.

It is reasonable to be against being killed by a shark and you have a better chance of that than of seeing a transwoman play in a female sport and win.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:49 PM)basballguy Wrote: I remember when you weren't a complete tool and didn't retreat behind virtue signaling to validate your political positioning

Somehow Sounds Familiar... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If I know the political playbook the liberals could just say that they support a gender "don't ask don't tell" in kids sports because they want to protect kids from predatory parents and school board officials who want to inspect their genitals under the guise of sporting fairness purposes.  Example, that little girl ran that race a bit too fast...better let me, a concerned parent, examine her while she is naked to be sure she isn't a boy.  Doctors lie, her parents lie, the school would lie...better let me see. Call it the "Protection for Little Kid's Genitals From Being Viewed By Perverts ACT" and then once it passes just extend it to cover adults, too.

I mean you're not wrong that these gop types that insist THEY get to see little kids privates to make sure things are "fair" need to be stopped.  

But I just don't care and no one against it would care if they were watching and had no idea the genitals of the participants.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 10:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: I mean you're not wrong that these gop types that insist THEY get to see little kids privates to make sure things are "fair" need to be stopped.  

But I just don't care and no one against it would care if they were watching and had no idea the genitals of the participants.

Actually, I may have been too sane.  I said concerned "parent" but if people going ape at school board meetings and the people getting elected to school boards has shown us anything it's that people who have no connection to the kids in the schools are more than willing to insert themselves into the situation for the "safety of the children." 

My wife is a teacher and our local school board has multiple people on it with no background in education who didn't even go to the school or have kids in the school or ever have kids in the school.  Maybe that's normal, I don't know.  Back in my day people without kids who hung around schools were the ones called pedophiles, not the ones screaming that everyone else was a pedophile.  These folks just sort of showed up and screamed about communism and gay books and Jesus and here we are.  I'm probably editorializing a bit, but stuff is getting weird.

And I know I'm joking and taking the hypothetical d-bad dial up to 11, but I can almost see someone saying "For the fairness of all the girls involved, I need to inspect the genitals of the supposed girl who won, and if you fight me on this you clearly are dangerously woke and you love seeing trans males destroy and harm and disenfranchise girls."
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 10:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Somehow Sounds Familiar... Mellow

That's the P speaking.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 10:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: That you put those two things together to make a "point" is telling.  But then it  also shows how you don't understand the subject of transitioning at all too.

To that though it is "reasonable" to be against transwomen in women's sports if you feel that way.

It is reasonable to be against being killed by a shark and you have a better chance of that than of seeing a transwoman play in a female sport and win.

It wasn’t a “point”. It was a “question”. Thanks for “answering”.
Reply/Quote