Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trenches - Titans game
Bengals won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. What a difference a year makes.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The OL played so well today that there were a few times Burrow was able to drop back, go through his reads, see that no one was open and choose to tuck and run to vacant space. Something we could only dream of the last few seasons. Titans DL is no joke too. Hope they keep it going!

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:02 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: The OL played so well today that there were a few times Burrow was able to drop back, go through his reads, see that no one was open and choose to tuck and run to vacant space. Something we could only dream of the last few seasons. Titans DL is no joke too. Hope they keep it going!

They were great today. The one sack was pretty much a coverage sack.

Reply/Quote
The trenches on both sides were the difference in the game imo

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The trenches on both sides were the difference in the game imo

No doubt.

Burrow and Tee made some big plays, but this was a smash mouth type of win.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They were great today. The one sack was pretty much a coverage sack.

And one intentional grounding, also from strong coverage. Good read by Joe, the o-line isn't the only one improving.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:05 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: And one intentional grounding, also from strong coverage. Good read by Joe, the o-line isn't the only one improving.

Yep would rather see Burrow get a grounding call against him than take a pounding. 

We need him for years to come

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:20 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep would rather see Burrow get a grounding call against him than take a pounding. 

We need him for years to come

I actually think the grounding was more from burrow slipping on that awful field than anything else, it looked like he was resetting his feet to throw the ball and slipped
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:38 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: I actually think the grounding was more from burrow slipping on that awful field than anything else, it looked like he was resetting his feet to throw the ball and slipped

It did and I think his screen target also wiped out.  
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They were great today. The one sack was pretty much a coverage sack.

Looked more like Perine missed his block.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Looked more like Perine missed his block.

Nah, pretty sure it was a coverage sack charged to Karras.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, pretty sure it was a coverage sack charged to Karras.

Damn! Ok Jonah Williams!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
They keep playing like that and we will be drafting last in the 1st round.
Reply/Quote
That grounding call made me wonder about the rules. Why isn't clocking the ball intentional grounding?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That grounding call made me wonder about the rules. Why isn't clocking the ball intentional grounding?
Since it's instantly after the snap, he's not under pressure and no one is running any routes, there's no grounding. It was rule change to save a couple of seconds because the rule use to make them throw the ball out of bounds over the receivers head.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:02 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: The OL played so well today that there were a few times Burrow was able to drop back, go through his reads, see that no one was open and choose to tuck and run to vacant space.  Something we could only dream of the last few seasons. Titans DL is no joke too.  Hope they keep it going!
Yeah, I was shocked at how well the offensive line was playing, but they still need a lot of improvement because Joe needs the best protection. There were times when Joe was just standing in the pocket and you could tell he started to get jumpy because even he was surprised at how well the line was holding up!

KEEP IT UP, FELLAS!
(11-28-2022, 02:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That grounding call made me wonder about the rules. Why isn't clocking the ball intentional grounding?

Spinning sounds like he's right but I always thought it was because there's backs right behind him, so you could say that receivers were in the area.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:05 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: And one intentional grounding, also from strong coverage. Good read by Joe, the o-line isn't the only one improving.

Burrow's slip on the turf had a lot to do with that intentional grounding, as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 05:06 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Since it's instantly after the snap, he's not under pressure and no one is running any routes, there's no grounding. It was rule change to save a couple of seconds because the rule use to make them throw the ball out of bounds over the receivers head.

These both sound logical....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:02 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: The OL played so well today that there were a few times Burrow was able to drop back, go through his reads, see that no one was open and choose to tuck and run to vacant space.  Something we could only dream of the last few seasons. Titans DL is no joke too.  Hope they keep it going!

Yes, those were some fantastic pockets. That one Sack was on Burrow all the way, a coverage sack as Nicomo said.

On the Defensive side Hubbard had a great day himself.
Reply/Quote