Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trenches - Titans game
(11-28-2022, 02:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, pretty sure it was a coverage sack charged to Karras.

I remember that play. Perine whiffed on the block. PFF sucks. 

https://youtu.be/VtE1tju622I?t=66
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, pretty sure it was a coverage sack charged to Karras.

This is one thing I don't like about PFF.  It does not take in to account the caliber of the opponent.  Volson allowed the same number of pressures as Jonah in pass protection, no sacks, and is graded in the 40s?  I know there is a lot more that goes in to that grade, but he was facing Jeffrey Simmons, one of the best in the game, and held him to a PFF score 15 points below his (elite) average.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 07:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is one thing I don't like about PFF.  It does not take in to account the caliber of the opponent.  Volson allowed the same number of pressures as Jonah in pass protection, no sacks, and is graded in the 40s?  I know there is a lot more that goes in to that grade, but he was facing Jeffrey Simmons, one of the best in the game, and held him to a PFF score 15 points below his (elite) average.  

PFF has never been kind to Volson. Not sure if it's due to him being a rookie, but his play almost always seems a lot better than what they credit him with. Frankly, I put no stock in PFF grades, it's too inconsistent.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 07:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is one thing I don't like about PFF.  It does not take in to account the caliber of the opponent.  Volson allowed the same number of pressures as Jonah in pass protection, no sacks, and is graded in the 40s?  I know there is a lot more that goes in to that grade, but he was facing Jeffrey Simmons, one of the best in the game, and held him to a PFF score 15 points below his (elite) average.  

That is pretty impressive by Cordell honestly, yeah, should take these things into account. Like a little perspective.

(11-29-2022, 09:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: PFF has never been kind to Volson. Not sure if it's due to him being a rookie, but his play almost always seems a lot better than what they credit him with. Frankly, I put no stock in PFF grades, it's too inconsistent.

Agree, very inconsistent.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is pretty impressive by Cordell honestly, yeah, should take these things into account. Like a little perspective.

Agree, very inconsistent.

The DB ratings for the Atlanta game highlighted the inconsistency. One team got torched, another team shut down the other QB and you couldn't tell by their PFF ratings which team was which.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I remember that play. Perine whiffed on the block. PFF sucks. 

https://youtu.be/VtE1tju622I?t=66

Perine looked like Mixon on that one.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 02:54 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The DB ratings for the Atlanta game highlighted the inconsistency. One team got torched, another team shut down the other QB and you couldn't tell by their PFF ratings which team was which.

Yes, one of the most perplexing games of PFF grades was that one. Made no sense what so ever...
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 09:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: PFF has never been kind to Volson. Not sure if it's due to him being a rookie, but his play almost always seems a lot better than what they credit him with. Frankly, I put no stock in PFF grades, it's too inconsistent.

I like Volson and he's gone above and beyond my expectations. But maybe he has little plays like this that are dropping his scores. Although to me it looks like Jonah has his feet just as wide as Volsons.
Reply/Quote