Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
{The Ultimate 'ALL THINGS AJ McCarron' Mega Thread}
Because I'm ready to move on for now and ride this AJ McCarron train as far as it will take us.  

To officially start... "AJ McCarron is good."
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Was that picture was taken right before she became pregnant?  Yes
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Only thing I worry about regarding McCarron is his arm strength. You saw him float a ball that was picked off for a touchdown yesterday and he seemed to lack some zip on a lot of his balls.

Other than that, I have faith in the kid. He is confident and is a proven winner.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
For never having played an NFL game before (well, I'm not sure how much part of the 4th quarter against the Cleveland Browns really counts), and coming in unexpectantly, as he had to do yesterday - I thought he did fairly well.  I'm hoping the interceptions proved to be a training field for him and he's able to learn from that and be better this coming week.  

I wonder what he's going to look like this week, having practiced and gameplanned and taking first reps all week.  It should be interesting... I'm only speculating this particular thread may see a bit more action after next week's game (because I think he will do amazingly well).
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:19 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: For never having played an NFL game before (well, I'm not sure how much part of the 4th quarter against the Cleveland Browns really counts), and coming in unexpectantly, as he had to do yesterday - I thought he did fairly well.  I'm hoping the interceptions proved to be a training field for him and he's able to learn from that and be better this coming week.  

I wonder what he's going to look like this week, having practiced and gameplanned and taking first reps all week.  It should be interesting... I'm only speculating this particular thread may see a bit more action after next week's game (because I think he will do amazingly well).

well we lucked out and he gets a warm up game vs the 49ers before playing the broncos.

McCarron says he believes hes also a 100 Mil $ QB time to prove it.
Reply/Quote
If I remember right he looked good in the preseason. I think he looked good yesterday and after a week of starting reps in practice I imagine he will play well against the 49ers.
Reply/Quote
I'm rallying around AJM and this TEAM. With the talent on the offense at his disposal, he shouldn't crash and burn or that coaching staff should be at fault. We should be focusing on improving our run game. If we ever needed to have a strong run game, the time is now! I still feel very confident that this team can have a shot at it and I'm not ruling out Dalton making a recovery either.

WHO DEY!!! Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well we lucked out and he gets a warm up game vs the 49ers before playing the broncos.

McCarron says he believes hes also a 100 Mil $ QB time to prove it.

Yep.  I sure hope he's right.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't like how a lot of his balls seemed to be quite high yesterday. However, his deep ball to AJ was right on the money. Plus, he did semi-carve up Pittsburgh's defense with 0 first team practice reps, so kudos for that.

I think McCarron's success THIS season will fall squarely on Hue's shoulders. We all see similarities in McCarron's and Dalton's games, but they are different QBs, especially when it comes to reading defenses. McCarron may end up being just as good, if not better, than Dalton, but as of now, with the lack of experience, McCarron just isn't going to be as good as Dalton. As such, Hue better gameplan accordingly.

I worry that Hue will see McCarron like Dalton and not change things up. And if he does that, we're going to see more games like yesterday where he shows promise but also makes rookie mistakes and throws INTs.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
AJ McCarron.... hopefully with 1 week of first string reps he will become Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:07 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Because I'm ready to move on for now and ride this AJ McCarron train as far as it will take us.  

To officially start... "AJ McCarron is good."

I think he'll do a pretty good job and probably get better week by week.  He will not have that total command of the offense Andy has and probably won't have the freedom or ability to change things at the LOS.  Andy has been very good at finding the right plays.  This didn't happen overnight.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If AJ can continue to play like he did yesterday while learning from the mistakes, I think he can win some of these upcoming games. Especially now that he's getting all the reps. If he completely flops, it's on the coaches. This is their guy and it's up to them to put him in the best position to succeed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 06:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If AJ can continue to play like he did yesterday while learning from the mistakes, I think he can win some of these upcoming games. Especially now that he's getting all the reps. If he completely flops, it's on the coaches. This is their guy and it's up to them to put him in the best position to succeed.

He could be put in a position to succeed and still flop...
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 07:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He could be put in a position to succeed and still flop...

They chose him. Either way, it falls on leadership.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 07:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He could be put in a position to succeed and still flop...

Yeah.....if he can't fix the INTs...it won't be on the coaches.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 07:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.....if he can't fix the INTs...it won't be on the coaches.

Can't really judge by one game where he came in cold against a good team. He did alright considering. It's not like he put up a 2.0 game against a bad Browns team or something like that. You know, we just aren't talking that level of badness. Just saying. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: [Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

If he can play QB like he picks women, gentlemen we will be Super Bowl champs this February!
Reply/Quote
He'll be a guest on Bengals Line on 700 WLW at 7:00 here in a few minutes.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 08:32 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Can't really judge by one game where he came in cold against a good team. He did alright considering. It's not like he put up a 2.0 game against a bad Browns team or something like that. You know, we just aren't talking that level of badness. Just saying.

It's not like he put up a 106.2 passer rating while emerging as an MVP candidate either. The 2.0 game is ancient history dude.
Reply/Quote