Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.77 Average
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread}
Burfict is winning the game ball thread in a landslide, but PFF gives the highest grades to Dalton and the d-line:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/11/20/16678034/bengals-pff-report-andy-dalton-defensive-line
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 02:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Burfict is winning the game ball thread in a landslide, but PFF gives the highest grades to Dalton and the d-line:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/11/20/16678034/bengals-pff-report-andy-dalton-defensive-line

If our defense wasn't called to be a soft shell defense, he'd score higher but the defense sets up so often to give up a short catch then rally for the stop it kills his "grade" despite really not being his fault. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 03:01 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If our defense wasn't called to be a soft shell defense, he'd score higher but the defense sets up so often to give up a short catch then rally for the stop it kills his "grade" despite really not being his fault. 

I can see that. I'm not bashing Burfict so much as wondering why Dalton's good game is being is getting a collective "meh" on the boards, when objective sources such as PFF and CBS were much more impressed with his effort. I get that the offense was bad, but Dalton himself was not.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 03:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I can see that. I'm not bashing Burfict so much as wondering why Dalton's good game is being is getting a collective "meh" on the boards, when objective sources such as PFF and CBS were much more impressed with his effort. I get that the offense was bad, but Dalton himself was not.

Fatigue. 
People in general never really liked Dalton all that much. He didn't have much pomp and circumstance around him. 
Unless he's putting up all world numbers people here are kind of over him. 

And FWIW, I don't think PFF is "objective" really. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 02:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's like a healthy reliable Marvin Jones...

But with a cooler name.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 03:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: But with a cooler name.

And that matters. 
Just like Billings delayed potential greatness when he switched #75 for 99. 
Reply/Quote
Don't look now but after a horrible start with Ravens and Texans.. Andy has moved up the board in two important QB rankings.

he is tied for 9th in TD's with 16 and 15th QB Rating with 90.00 in the NFL now... not bad after a zero TDs, and 52 rating after first two games plus having the worst running attack in the league and tied for 5th in being Sacked
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It might be time to consider him borderline elite right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Smh
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 01:53 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It might be time to consider him borderline elite right now.

Elite in what context?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 02:55 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Elite in what context?

I'd pay good money to see Brady or Rapistburger behind this line for 4 quarters.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 01:53 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It might be time to consider him borderline elite right now.

[Image: 200w.gif]

Reply/Quote
Well, looks like...short of a disaster of a season or injury, he will pass last season in touchdowns...there is that..

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 05:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 200w.gif]

multiplied by 500 billion.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 12:28 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Don't look now but after a horrible start with Ravens and Texans.. Andy has moved up the board in two important QB rankings.

he is tied for 9th in TD's with 16 and  15th QB Rating  with 90.00 in the NFL now... not bad after a zero TDs, and 52 rating after first two games plus having the worst running attack in the league and tied for 5th in being Sacked

I will get killed for saying this, but unless it was someone like Aaron Rogers that has the field vision AND the mobility to go with a great arm, there is no QB that would be doing better on this team than Dalton.  Not Brady, not piggy, not Brees...none of them.  

How can I say that?  Watch those guys in the ONLY games where they have the protection issues that Dalton faces every snap.  They sucked big time. 

He is more than "not bad", he is a tough SOB that is doing a lot with ONE receiving target and NO rushing attack, offensive line, or (most importantly) offensive design that creates open receivers with motion, moving the QB spot, or crossing routes.

Yet, people want to see the backup and draft a new QB.  

Again, I don't know what makes me more sick...the coaching or the fans.  And I will have to sit among them and listen to "Dalton sucks" cheers during the game once more.  Pinheads.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 04:15 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'd pay good money to see Brady or Rapistburger behind this line for 4 quarters.  

I would literally give my mortgage payment to see piggy get killed like that and see no receivers get open....ahhhh, what a dream.  People would say how it was the scheme and his talent around him all along and now without them he has been exposed for the fat piece of shit he is....Ahhh, this makes me smile.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 12:28 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Don't look now but after a horrible start with Ravens and Texans.. Andy has moved up the board in two important QB rankings.

he is tied for 9th in TD's with 16 and  15th QB Rating  with 90.00 in the NFL now... not bad after a zero TDs, and 52 rating after first two games plus having the worst running attack in the league and tied for 5th in being Sacked

He's being elevated by the great pass blocking, Brandon Lafell, Joe Mixon's 1.2 YPC, Boyd/Core/Malone/whoever else the **** they decide on this week, the defense's stellar ability to get off the field on 3rd down lately, Kroft/Uzomah/Carter, and fat Randy and the rest of the excellent special teams play we've seen this season. Ninja

How can you not see this?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 10:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: He's being elevated by the great pass blocking, Brandon Lafell, Joe Mixon's 1.2 YPC, Boyd/Core/Malone/whoever else the **** they decide on this week, the defense's stellar ability to get off the field on 3rd down lately, Kroft/Uzomah/Carter, and fat Randy and the rest of the excellent special teams play we've seen this season. Ninja

How can you not see this?

I nominate this to the HOF
Reply/Quote
Imagine what that stat line would be if he had a rushing attack and OL to help out.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 10:54 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Imagine what that stat line would be if he had a rushing attack and OL to help out.

Or, as you said in another thread, where we would be if Zampese had been canned in the offseason like he should have been.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote