Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.77 Average
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread}
(11-26-2018, 08:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hey now....don't you blaspheme St AJ in here....he almost single handedly won us that there playoff game!

Almost... Almost makes up for a pretty bad performance in that game! 

I actually thought the defense holding that Steelers offense to 2-13 on third down was massive. They also had clutch turnovers. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:23 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Right. Hopefully he is 6'5 235. Huge arm.  Explosive talent.. Maybe comes from like...USC...some big school...we can call him the Golden boy and maybe, maybe he will be the franchise savior. 

OH.... Oh wait. 

He just looked  a savior.  He did not turn out to be one.  Whether that was his fault or not will be debated indefinitely.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:26 PM)McC Wrote: He just looked  a savior.  He did not turn out to be one.  Whether that was his fault or not will be debated indefinitely.

I think that just aided the point. :) 

Reply/Quote
Bottom line on Andy...he is not the problem, per se, but he is not the solution either. It could be that Jesus himself couldn't QB this franchise anywhere near the SB. It could be such a guy does not now nor will ever exist. It's hard to play QB with one hand tied behind you. Maybe there is a guy out there who can, but there is not a guy in here who can. This is not a jump to conclusion. It is eight point whatever years of evidence on the current contestant, sixteen plus on the current host of this game show and almost thirty years on the master of ceremonies.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:23 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Right. Hopefully he is 6'5 235. Huge arm.  Explosive talent.. Maybe comes from like...USC...some big school...we can call him the Golden boy and maybe, maybe he will be the franchise savior. 

OH.... Oh wait. 

I know, right?

(11-26-2018, 08:25 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Almost... Almost makes up for a pretty bad performance in that game! 

I actually thought the defense holding that Steelers offense to 2-13 on third down was massive. They also had clutch turnovers. 

Ha ha ha....yeah, I just remember all of the overnight fans we had during his tenure. God it was comical.

(11-26-2018, 08:26 PM)McC Wrote: He just looked  a savior.  He did not turn out to be one.  Whether that was his fault or not will be debated indefinitely.

Well, had his demands actually been met, people would probably want his statue commissioned. As it stands, **** Face didn't cave, and here we STILL are after nearly 10 years and Palmer got closer to a Super Bowl than we EVER WILL with this embarrassing shit show at the helm.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:27 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I think that just aided the point. :) 

You're welcome.

Reply/Quote
Does it bother anyone else that we're commenting in a thread cheering about our own player's injury? **** this guy, and **** his thread, I'm out.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton has 6 different years where he was either Pro Bowl or top ten in passing tds.

He did neither in 2015.

Andy Dalton has never been selected to the Pro Bowl. He has filled in for those that couldn't make it.

Why use passing TDs? Why not use the universally accepted Passer rating?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Does it bother anyone else that we're commenting in a thread cheering about our own player's injury? **** this guy, and **** his thread, I'm out.

As am I. 

Surprised mods let this go. 

Reply/Quote
Driskell is in no way, shape, or form a better QB than Dalton. The season is lost and it will be fun to watch Driskell a little bit. He may have a few decent games, even.

However, people are so quick to jump on the next big thing. Once teams gameplan around him, he will be stopped, and stopped hard.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy Dalton has never been selected to the Pro Bowl. He has filled in for those that couldn't make it.

That never stopped guys like you from boasting about Gresham's Pro Bowls (he was also an alternate). 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even though I don't agree with your rating requirements 17 out of 79 is pretty good.

That's 17 out of the starting 32 qb's.  Where do you get 79 from. ONLY STARTERS

Take into account his bad playoffs and that drops him to 22 out of 32. 

Are you trying to troll and include even non starters, because then he most definitely wouldn't be 17 out of 79, he'
d be about 47 out of 79

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/qb-rating-nfl
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That never stopped guys like you from boasting about Gresham's Pro Bowls (he was also an alternate). 

[Image: giphy.gif]

I do recall mentioning the rare company that Gresh was in with 50 catches per season to start a career for s TE; however, I do not recall pimping his Pro Bowl status. But I understand that you cannot disagree with what was said, so let's try another approach. 

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:53 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: That's 17 out of the starting 32 qb's.  Where do you get 79 from. ONLY STARTERS

Are you trying to troll and include even non starters, because then he most definitely wouldn't be 17 out of 79, he'
d be about 47 out of 79

Fred's an Andy hater. He thinks he should be compared to backups/ 3rd stringers. 

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:53 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: That's 17 out of the starting 32 qb's.  Where do you get 79 from. ONLY STARTERS

d be about 47 out of 79

It's a fair comparison when people are saying Driskell is better and AJM was better. 

I digress. 

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I do recall mentioning the rare company that Gresh was in with 50 catches per season to start a career for s TE; however, I do not recall pimping his Pro Bowl status. But I understand that you cannot disagree with what was said, so let's try another approach. 

Gresham's Pro Bowls were brought up all the time back then. Shoot, that's how I remembered he was an alternate. 

You were one of very few Gresh defenders, so I'm pretty sure it was you, but whatever. 

I wonder why other QB's like Stafford don't have a bunch of "alternate" Pro Bowl appearances?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:50 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: As am I. 

Surprised mods let this go. 

Actually we're helping Santa with his naughty or nice list. Or we're experimenting with a different approach to social experiments. I got nothing beyond this except to say "Sorry". 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 09:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gresham's Pro Bowls were brought up all the time back then. Shoot, that's how I remembered he was an alternate. 

You were one of very few Gresh defenders, so I'm pretty sure it was you, but whatever. 

I wonder why other QB's like Stafford don't have a bunch of "alternate" Pro Bowl appearances?

Probably losing seasons and injuries.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 09:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gresham's Pro Bowls were brought up all the time back then. Shoot, that's how I remembered he was an alternate. 

I kind of put him in the Andre Smith category here.

Not great but not bad either.

He's trash to a lot of people on these boards.

I don't really hear that too much from usual fans likewise with Andre.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 09:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Probably losing seasons and injuries.

He's had a few winning seasons, and players do get named off of losing teams.

I'm just saying, if it's so easy to get named in as an alternate, I'd think a similar QB would have a similar amount of appearances. 

Yet I don't see any mediocre/bad QB's sitting around with 3 Pro Bowls on their resume.
Reply/Quote