Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.77 Average
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread}
Andy played great today!
Reply/Quote
AJ and Dalton left 2 touchdowns (1 a piece) on the field. Still a pretty decent game by both. Dalton has some good throws but nothing too amazing. Whole team played solid today.
Reply/Quote
Fun fact: In 8 games since the 2.0 game, Dalton has completed 69.7% of his passes with a 94.8 passer rating.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fun fact: In 8 games since the 2.0 game, Dalton has completed 69.7% of his passes with a 94.8 passer rating.

I wonder how well Dalton is going to play with actual weapons this year. I'm still going with my prediction of 4400+ yards 35 TDs and 11 or less INTs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This thread is a good idea....instead on a million Dalton threads, just have the one season running thread. ....Good idea and smart move by JunglesBoard......
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I wonder how well Dalton is going to play with actual weapons this year. I'm still going with my prediction of 4400+ yards 35 TDs and 11 or less INTs

Whoa. I don't think we'll pass enough for him to hit those numbers. I do think he'll have a 90+ passer rating though. 

I'll also predict around 3800 yards and 28 TD's and 14 INT's. As long as Eifert and AJ stay healthy, of course.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I wonder how well Dalton is going to play with actual weapons this year. I'm still going with my prediction of 4400+ yards 35 TDs and 11 or less INTs

That seems pretty optimistic if you really think about it.

That stat line has been a reality a total of 3 times since Andy has been in the league. 2 times by the same player. I'd be comfortable guessing one of those things, but all 3 happening would be quite a feat, especially with our offensive scheme.

Speaking of, I just don't think Hue's offense will allow a QB to hit that kind of volume unless he racks up a ton of garbage time stats. Andy isn't even on pace to hit your volume TD and yard predictions and he just played an excellent game.

Just sayin', I think he's going to have a good to great season overall, but I can't see that type of volume being there. I'm with Shake that I think he'll have a career high passer rating.
Reply/Quote

If Dalton pulls that off I might actually start liking him again. But I certainly won't accept any excuses for bad play.

I love the thread Holic!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:33 PM)Beaker Wrote: The pass he threaded in to Burkhead was really nice. The last Eifert TD was kinda iffy though. He threw it in when Eifert was totally covered, counting on Eifert to make a play. Good thing he did.

That's how it should be thrown when the LB doesn't turn. Throw it for the TE to make the play on or get the PI. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:20 PM)Sweetness Wrote: AJ and Dalton left 2 touchdowns  (1 a piece) on the field. Still a pretty decent game by both. Dalton has some good throws but nothing too amazing. Whole team played solid today.

You wanna be picky about it, Jones dropped a TD too
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:41 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's how it should be thrown when the LB doesn't turn. Throw it for the TE to make the play on or get the PI. 

Yep.....just like the flag he drew on the throw to AJ.  It was also nice to see AJ turn DB and fight for the deflected ball.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
All hail Andy Dalton, Emperor of Rome!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 08:48 AM)CoCoNuT Wrote: All hail Andy Dalton, Emperor of Rome!

That's a bit much, but it was a good game from Andy.

Reply/Quote
Eifert makes all the difference in Dalton's play. Gresham made a difference too by not being there.
Reply/Quote
Andy was outstanding yesterday. But I didn't like the throw to AJ in the end zone where AJ was held or interfered with. They got the call, but I just think that was an awful throw where in times past, woulda went for 6 the other way.

Maybe it was sign of things to come this season, that that pass wasn't pick 6'd, and the ball bounces our way, so to speak, for the duration of the season and into the playoffs and Super Bowl.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:41 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Andy was outstanding yesterday. But I didn't like the throw to AJ in the end zone where AJ was held or interfered with. They got the call, but I just think that was an awful throw where in times past, woulda went for 6 the other way.

Maybe it was sign of things to come this season, that that pass wasn't pick 6'd,  and the ball bounces our way, so to speak, for the duration of the season and into the playoffs and Super Bowl.

How was that a bad throw? If the defender doesn't hold green than that's a TD.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 04:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: How was that a bad throw? If the defender doesn't hold green than that's a TD.

like I wrote above, that pass gets pick 6'd last year. Just my observation. I realize Andy has to take chances, so it's all good. Just I personally didn't like the choice. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 04:40 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: like I wrote above, that pass gets pick 6'd last year. Just my observation. I realize Andy has to take chances, so it's all good. Just I personally didn't like the choice. 

Even if it did get picked it would have been brought back for the blatant holding. You can't say it was a bad throw because a defender had to draw a penalty to deny the TD.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:41 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Andy was outstanding yesterday. But I didn't like the throw to AJ in the end zone where AJ was held or interfered with. They got the call, but I just think that was an awful throw where in times past, woulda went for 6 the other way.

Maybe it was sign of things to come this season, that that pass wasn't pick 6'd,  and the ball bounces our way, so to speak, for the duration of the season and into the playoffs and Super Bowl.

What? That was a fine throw and a TD for us if the DB doesn't hold. 
The only reason the DB was in a position to get near it, was the hold.
Don't over think yourself.
Reply/Quote
You guys don't have to agree with me. I didn't like the choice. I've seen it too many times where that pass goes for 6 the other way, without interference from the defender. With that said, I realize those throws must be made from time to time. I just didn't like that particular throw. I've tried to find video of it, with no luck. If anyone can locate it, that would be swell.

It's unclear to me how I would 'over think myself' but I assure you, that's not what I'm doing, lol.
Reply/Quote