Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Mattis, it's too little too late
Anyone following "General" Mattis statements on Trump this week?

He ignored and turned a blind eye to the treacherous acts of Trump, now trying to speak out on them and stand for America once again. I remember when he was sold to us as the "adult" in the room. Yet he let these acts he now classifies as AntiAmerican slide under him?

We will see many Republicans and Trump supporters speak out on Trump when Trump is out of office, attempting to make excuses like "we didn't agree with him but.....", and "he wasn't what we wanted but it was for the supreme court picks". It's important not to let Republicans and Trump supporters off the hook as they attempt to be proAmericans once again after supporting the love for Putin/Kim, attacks on our Allies and Veterans and attacks from the POTUS on American citizens.

#We'llRemember

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/10/james-mattis-trump/596665/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-29-2019, 09:39 AM)jj22 Wrote: Anyone following "General" Mattis statements on Trump this week?

He ignored and turned a blind eye to the treacherous acts of Trump, now trying to speak out on them and stand for America once again. I remember when he was sold to us as the "adult" in the room. Yet he let these acts he now classifies as AntiAmerican slide under him?

We will see many Republicans and Trump supporters speak out on Trump when Trump is out of office, attempting to make excuses like "we didn't agree with him but.....", and "he wasn't what we wanted but it was for the supreme court picks". It's important not to let Republicans and Trump supporters off the hook as they attempt to be proAmericans once again after supporting the love for Putin/Kim, attacks on our Allies and Veterans and attacks from the POTUS on American citizens.

#We'llRemember

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/10/james-mattis-trump/596665/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

Listening to the news this morning it was interesting to get reporters takes on Mattis after they interviewed him.  He took his oath to follow the CIC seriously.  To the point that he would not disagree even if he felt it was the wrong decision.  (Add that as another reason I could never have joined the military.)  But rather when he couldn't take it he just left.  Now he writes a passive-aggressive book that describes "proper" leadership which demonstrates that DJT does the opposite of that...and ends with his resignation letter.

Just say what you mean.  Otherwise it's the cowards way out.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-29-2019, 09:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: Listening to the news this morning it was interesting to get reporters takes on Mattis after they interviewed him.  He took his oath to follow the CIC seriously.  To the point that he would not disagree even if he felt it was the wrong decision.  (Add that as another reason I could never have joined the military.)  But rather when he couldn't take it he just left.  Now he writes a passive-aggressive book that describes "proper" leadership which demonstrates that DJT does the opposite of that...and ends with his resignation letter.

Just say what you mean.  Otherwise it's the cowards way out.

I kind of understand Mattis' mindset. It is common in the military (Marines especially), where it is mostly appropriate.

But it should NOT be for someone in his position, advising a civilian leader and not just "taking orders.' He did/does not get that.

Still, we ought to keep focused on what he REPORTS about Trump, and how it confirms what other's have said about the incompetence, arrogance and chaos of the current WH.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-30-2019, 09:42 PM)Dill Wrote: I kind of understand Mattis' mindset. It is common in the military (Marines especially), where it is mostly appropriate.

But it should NOT be for someone in his position, advising a civilian leader and not just "taking orders.' He did/does not get that.

Still, we ought to keep focused on what he REPORTS about Trump, and how it confirms what other's have said about the incompetence, arrogance and chaos of the current WH.

I'm pretty disgusted with Mattis, Kelly, and Powell. (Oh, let's not forget Flynn.) They obviously learned nothing from Powell's disgraceful example during the lead up to the Iraqi invasion.

Mattis is just out hawking his upcoming book on leadership while at the same time displaying none. He needs to remember as a Marine and Secretary of Defense he ultimately served the citizens of the United States. If he's got something to say then say it. Instead of innuendo or veiled comments like he doesn't owe Trump indefinite silence. If not, just STFU.

I've damn near reached the point I believe senior military officers are so institutionalize in a military culture the can't function effectively in a political arena. About as useful as a Mike Brown relative in a Bengals' front office position during free agency.