Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The White House: nothing to see here...
(06-02-2023, 10:18 PM)Dill Wrote: Not really. That's a recipe for the 8th Benghazi hearing. There is no document Jordan could get that would preclude demanding another.

From the intel side, I believe the FBI is sincerely worried that documents like the one in question can reveal their sources and methods to people who don't have the nation's best interests in mind. That's not about "virtue." That's a rule that has always been in place.

Comer and other committee members can see the document in question. They stand in for the American people here. Why do they actually need it if the info in it is actionable? They do not. This is just about publicly wrestling with the FBI and then capitalizing on the drama.

You've said the public doesn't trust the FBI; breaking the rules to conform to political pressure won't fix that. 

And the FBI's bad reputation is in part engineered by things like the Durham Report and the drumbeat of questions like "Why won't the FBI reveal x" despite receiving acceptable answers. 

The most serious pressure on the FBI in the last 50 years has come from the Trump administration. Remember Trump fired Comey for investigating his campaign. Said so publicly.  And after Comey dropped Hilary's numbers just before the election with the announcement he had re-opened an investigation into her. Then the one-sided Durham Report, which described managing an "asset" in the Clinton campaign, but went down in the RWM as establishing a pattern of bias against Trump because they took warranted risks with a FISA warrant. 

We were even treated to a slate of "whistleblowers" who were going to connect the dots and blow the FBI wide open. You saw them, right? Just MAGA true believers who would not follow the same rules as other agents--essentially making their own calls instead of doing their duty. 

So the RWM and its Congressional counterparts continue to foment distrust in the FBI which "isn't forthcoming," and must be "hiding something," and "obstructing" so we Americans cannot "get to the bottom" of, e.g., Hunter's laptop and the Biden crime families corruption. 

I never expected to say this in my life time, but at this point FBI "corruption" is so far no more than an attempt to protect Trump, to keep trust in him and not with an agency, a whole institution of people including Republicans, MUCH more constrained by rule of law than Trump and minions. 

If people are less trusting of the FBI than Trump, I just have to wonder what are their standards for trust? How are they deciding such matters as whom or what to trust? 

Hmm, sounds like a canned rebuttle from a true leftie, always want to try to make it about Trump, when the guy isn't even in office..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 01:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But I say that I can hardly wait to see what this looks like, once all of the dots are connected.  Still, very interesting that all of the main stream news outlets, except for CBS, are burying their heads in the sand, and pretending like this isn't happening. Strange.

I have some pretty wild conspiracy theories. You on the other hand.... Acid?

Old man Biden tripping and falling is gold to main stream news. Really doubting they would be covering for him for anything.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2023, 11:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, sounds like a canned rebuttle from a true leftie, always want to try to make it about Trump, when the guy isn't even in office..

It might look "canned" if you could refute these points:

1. The FBI has a standing concern about revealing sources and methods with regards to some documents--yes/no?

2. Comer gets to see the documents. If there is some incriminating evidence there, he could state it without
revealing the source/methods. yes/no?

3. Trump tried to pressure the FBI directly and often publicly during his tenure; that included firing Comey for investigating his campaign. Yes/no? 

4. Even "out of office" Trump, the current GOP frontrunner, has more control over the GOP than anyone. GOP politicians avoid attacking him* and his minions in Congress are trying their best to investigate the FBI as it investigates Trump. Yes/no?

5. The GOP has a history of ginning up investigations that go nowhere, or are only successful as fishing investigations that go on and on until they find something they weren't looking for but is useful (Whitewatergate, Benghazi). The most recent example of the former would be the "whistleblowers" Jordan gave us a few weeks ago that so raised MAGA expectations. . . then fizzled.  Yes/no?

If you were refuting those points and I kept repeating them then, yes, "canned" (though hardly "leftist). But NO ONE refutes them.

But just saying "canned" without refuting them doesn't neutralize them at all. You are just avoiding them, awaiting the next "breaking news" about the Biden crime family; and if evidence isn't forthcoming, again, then it can't be there is none. And the cycle continues, "What is the FBI hiding?"--drifting far away from the factual record.

*Desantis became the exception to this when he finally declared, although the criticism is pretty mild. The greatest sign of Trump's power is that his opponents cannot reject his insurrection. Look what happened to Cheney.  Insurrectionists are not longer ANTIFA or BLM ringers Trump couldn't call off as they destroyed the Capitol, but  "patriots" deserving of pardon. Yes/no? 
Reply/Quote
BREAKING NEWS!!!!  Hilarious

Curiouser and curiouser.
Looks like this infamous document, already investigated by Barr et al., continues to drive House politics.

House chairman to move forward with push to hold FBI director in contempt, even after viewing internal document

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/05/politics/christopher-wray-contempt-james-comer-house-republicans/index.html

House Oversight Chairman James Comer on Monday said he will move ahead this week with efforts to hold FBI Director Christopher Wray in contempt, even after the bureau allowed top members of the committee to view an internal law enforcement document.

Comer and the top Democrat on the committee, Rep. Jamie Raskin, received a briefing from senior FBI officials and reviewed the document, known as an FD-1023, in a secure room at the Capitol. According to Republicans, the document includes an unverified allegation that Joe Biden, while vice president, was involved in a bribery scheme involving a foreign national.

“At the briefing, the FBI again refused to hand over the unclassified record to the custody of the House Oversight Committee, and we will now initiate contempt of Congress hearings this Thursday,” Comer told reporters after the briefing. Comer had previously subpoenaed the FBI for the document.

The FBI has stressed that FD-1023 forms contain unverified claims provided by confidential human sources. The White House has denied the allegation and dismissed the GOP probe as a political stunt.

“The FBI has continually demonstrated its commitment to accommodate the committee’s request, including by producing the document in a reading room at the U.S. Capitol. This commonsense safeguard is often employed in response to congressional requests and in court proceedings to protect important concerns, such as the physical safety of sources and the integrity of investigations. The escalation to a contempt vote under these circumstances is unwarranted,” an FBI spokesperson said.

“This is yet another fact-free stunt staged by Chairman Comer not to conduct legitimate oversight, but to spread thin innuendo to try to damage the President politically and get himself media attention,” said Ian Sams, White House spokesman for oversight and investigations.

Comer said the allegations in the 1023 document are still being used as part of an ongoing investigation. But Raskin disputed the notion that the document is part of an ongoing investigation and other sources familiar with the situation told CNN the investigation into the document is a closed matter.

Imagine if these guys controlled the Senate AND the Exec. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2023, 09:39 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mitch McConnel fell down and his brittle ass was out of commission for a month or so, yet he was instrumental in implementing a boatload of policies conservatives support including their 50 year quest to overturn Roe V Wade.  So I guess when it comes to politics you can hate a guy's age and propensity for falling down, but you can love his policies, eh?
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 01:15 PM)Dill Wrote: BREAKING NEWS!!!!  Hilarious

Curiouser and curiouser.
Looks like this infamous document, already investigated by Barr et al., continues to drive House politics.

House chairman to move forward with push to hold FBI director in contempt, even after viewing internal document

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/05/politics/christopher-wray-contempt-james-comer-house-republicans/index.html

He's just after publicity and wasting tax payer $$$ in the process.  He's going to lose in the end as there is no precedent for handing over this type of document publicly.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 01:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mitch McConnel fell down and his brittle ass was out of commission for a month or so, yet he was instrumental in implementing a boatload of policies conservatives support including their 50 year quest to overturn Roe V Wade.  So I guess when it comes to politics you can hate a guy's age and propensity for falling down, but you can love his policies, eh?

I am no fan of Mitch McConnel so I have no idea what you are talking about???  Mellow  

I posted a funny Twitter tweet. 

Just for the record, I don't have an issue with a person's age in whatever he/she does.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtuNMLayJk041JKgs_tgV...o&usqp=CAU]

What's wrong with you???

Here you can get your jollies on. Fair and Balanced.

[Image: president-reagan-falling-down-stairs.jpg...Y0ggauVJ0=]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 04:18 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I am no fan of Mitch McConnel so I have no idea what you are talking about???  Mellow  

I posted a funny Twitter tweet. 

Just for the record, I don't have an issue with a person's age in whatever he/she does.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtuNMLayJk041JKgs_tgV...o&usqp=CAU]

What's wrong with you???

Well this isn't the jokes and memes thread, so I just assumed your sharing of that tweet had more of an assertive point to it given the nature of this thread that it is in.

And you strike me as a conservative, so I'm baffled as to why you wouldn't like Mitch McConnel, the guy is one of the most productive do-ers in the history of the post-Reagan conservative era.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 04:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well this isn't the jokes and memes thread, so I just assumed your sharing of that tweet had more of an assertive point to it given the nature of this thread that it is in.

And you strike me as a conservative, so I'm baffled as to why you wouldn't like Mitch McConnel, the guy is one of the most productive do-ers in the history of the post-Reagan conservative era.

I am going to baffle your mind more. 

This is supposed to be a Political forum right?  Thus, the political posting. I have seen hundred upon hundred of jokes with memes or gifs on this thread.

God knows it isn't a Religious forum otherwise there would be intelligent discussions regarding verses in the Bible and/or the Quran.  Where people of the same or different Faiths can have reasonable discussions. And I am not talking about Atheists who have their beliefs. God Bless you and move on.

Have you ever seen me post a 100% Conservative politician before???

You don't know anything about me so don't assume. I disliked Reagan and both Bush's, I voted for Obama for President and Hillary for Senator of New York just for your assumption.  
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 04:47 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I am going to baffle your mind more.  This is supposed to be a Political forum right?  Thus, the political posting. I have seen hundred upon hundred of jokes with memes or gifs on this thread.   God knows it isn't a Religious forum otherwise there would be intelligent discussions regarding verses in the Bible and/or the Quran.  Where people of the same or different Faiths can have reasonable discussions. And I am not talking about Atheists who have their beliefs. God Bless you and move on. Have you ever seen me post a 100% Conservative politician before??? You don't know anything about me so don't assume. I disliked Reagan and both Bush's, I voted for Obama for President and Hillary for Senator of New York just for your assumption.  

I don't think this is quite the meme and joke-laden thread you think it is, but meh post as you wish.  And I just assumed you leaned right because you posted a tweet with a hashtag #bidenisalaughingstock, I didn't mean to strike such a nerve by accusing you of being conservative.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 05:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think this is quite the meme and joke-laden thread you think it is, but meh post as you wish.  And I just assumed you leaned right because you posted a tweet with a hashtag #bidenisalaughingstock, I didn't mean to strike such a nerve by accusing you of being conservative.

[Image: 795_hu2932da597fd5d1fa013230afe1848ccf_2...czos_3.png]
Reply/Quote
I know y'all are gonna be stunned...but they have seen what they have been screaming for and.....they have nothing.

Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 05:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think this is quite the meme and joke-laden thread you think it is, but meh post as you wish.  And I just assumed you leaned right because you posted a tweet with a hashtag #bidenisalaughingstock, I didn't mean to strike such a nerve by accusing you of being conservative.

Though all conservatives are right wingers, all right wingers aren't "conservative."
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 02:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: I know y'all are gonna be stunned...but they have seen what they have been screaming for and.....they have nothing.

LOL I'm convinced that Biden planned it this way.  

First, don't commit any crimes in Ukraine. 

Then refuse to answer questions about said uncommited crimes. 

It's a conspiracy to explode conservative heads when these stories repeatedly deflate. 

[Image: tenor.gif]
Reply/Quote