Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Who's return to Cincy.
Anyone on here catch The Who at TQL last night? 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 09:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Anyone on here catch The Who at TQL last night? 

No but i heard all the money went to scholarships and good causes.  And they had space in the front for all 11 of the familes who suffered loss last time they were here.  (9 came 1 couldnt 1 declined)    and they apparently made it kinda a tribute concert to those folks --What i heard on 102.7 this morning
Reply/Quote
That happened in my junior year of high school, 1980. I had friends who went to the show. They didn't know anything had happened. They get home really late expecting everyone to be in bed and their parents were waiting up crying.

There were no cell phone back then and they didn't listen to the radio on the way home.
Reply/Quote
Glad they made it back
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'll never forget when I learned of the tragedy coming home that night from my scared mother waiting up on me. My senior year of high school & we had been to a couple of shows in Riverfront in the year or so before that happened. It was a couple of hours away in those days on those roads. And if you were there before that time you won't forget the crowds pushing to get in. Literally have your picked feet picked up off of the ground unable to stop the surge towards what few doors they would have open.

Man...it's been 43 years. I'm getting old.

Found these earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFSzjqLFjRE&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELtzqT53DBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MZ2-kGMGq8

Wife & I had tickets to what was gonna be the NKU show but couldn't make last night.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That happened in my junior year of high school, 1980.  I had friends who went to the show.  They didn't know anything had happened.  They get home really late expecting everyone to be in bed and their parents were waiting up crying.

There were no cell phone back then and they didn't listen to the radio on the way home.

1980? Seems longer ago than that.. I was 21 and having a blast then hitch hiking coast to coast and so on..I was married to a stripper right after that episode.. I even hitched into the teeth of a blizzard in Montana that year and survived it!  That could explain my extreme distaste for the cold.. 
Anyway.. I still remember the news stories on that one and some of the rather cruel jokes that went around.. 
By the way kids..Don't marry a stripper.. your mom and dad will NOT be impressed..Take my word on that..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 12:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: No but i heard all the money went to scholarships and good causes.  And they had space in the front for all 11 of the familes who suffered loss last time they were here.  (9 came 1 couldnt 1 declined)    and they apparently made it kinda a tribute concert to those folks  --What i heard on 102.7 this morning

Yes, and they had the victims' names scrolling across the digital banner throughout the entire show. They brought down the lights during a piano solo and put their pictures up on the stage screens. It was a great show, and super cool vibe. My first time seeing them, and very cool to be a part of the historic night. They had the Cincinnati Symphony playing with them, as well as some Finneytown students. They brought up the entire Finneytown High School choir to sing on Baba O'Rielly. It was a very classy act on all accounts. I even suffered through a bout of food poisoning and enjoyed myself. My first time ever puking at a concert and being stone cold sober. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 09:08 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I'll never forget when I learned of the tragedy coming home that night from my scared mother waiting up on me. My senior year of high school & we had been to a couple of shows in Riverfront in the year or so before that happened. It was a couple of hours away in those days on those roads. And if you were there before that time you won't forget the crowds pushing to get in. Literally have your picked feet picked up off of the ground unable to stop the surge towards what few doors they would have open.

Man...it's been 43 years. I'm getting old.

Found these earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFSzjqLFjRE&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELtzqT53DBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MZ2-kGMGq8

Wife & I had tickets to what was gonna be the NKU show but couldn't make last night.

Aw man, wish you could have made it. We sat towards the back, field level. Great for getting drinks and going to the restroom. Nice facility too.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 12:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: By the way kids..Don't marry a stripper.. your mom and dad will NOT be impressed..Take my word on that..  Hilarious

Or just don't tell your parents that your wife is a stripper. 

Your dad might know but he won't be able to let your mom know that he knows.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2022, 01:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, and they had the victims' names scrolling across the digital banner throughout the entire show. They brought down the lights during a piano solo and put their pictures up on the stage screens. It was a great show, and super cool vibe. My first time seeing them, and very cool to be a part of the historic night. They had the Cincinnati Symphony playing with them, as well as some Finneytown students. They brought up the entire Finneytown High School choir to sing on Baba O'Rielly. It was a very classy act on all accounts. I even suffered through a bout of food poisoning and enjoyed myself. My first time ever puking at a concert and being stone cold sober. Hilarious

Whatever happened to the good old days of puking your guts out from food poisoning and having fun anyway? That's right kids..We ate poison and we LIKED it!  ThumbsUp..Then our dads would come home drunk and slice our belly's open with garden shears and we LOVED it!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I will be seeing them in October, for the 5th time in my life; the only show I missed since I became a fan (2001) was during the Quadrophenia tour in 2013; nobody could get tix.

My favourite band ever, Pete Townshend is the closest thing to a classical composer in Rock.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 09:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Anyone on here catch The Who at TQL last night? 

I didn't but 1 of my older brothers did
Reply/Quote