Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Youtube shooting
(04-05-2018, 08:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: Trying to tie the "giving every idiot a platform" to the shooting is mixing in personal opinions on social media into the tragic events and it really isn't related. This feels like you using a tragedy to take the the platform "get off my lawn" to "easy money" from doing something that in your opinion adds "Little benefit to the success of society"". This is the equivalent of getting fired and shooting up her employer, she got "fired" by YouTube and shot up the place that fired her. We have seen this play out for decades, it is just the modern version of a very old pastime. It is literally the whole reason people tend to get fired on Fridays.

Here is how it works now.  Facebook and Youtube are among the "elite liberals" who are ruining our country.  Just ask Tucker Carlson.  So the environment they created is obviously what needs to be blamed for this shooting.
(04-04-2018, 11:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, it keeps the drug cartels in business, as well.  Dealers on the corner face the same situation, people want their...  product.   LOL

I'll stick with the dope dealer analogy for a minute.  If all the dope to the biggest supplier were to suddenly dry up, that dealer would throw a massive fit, likely shoot whomever he felt was at cause.  Meanwhile, all the tweakers would just move on to the next source, even if it was watered down.  

My point is that stupid content for stupid viewers is not unlike dope to users.  Both are pointless and have very little benefit to the success of society, but both lend plenty to it's decline.  People idling their time away, trying to get as good at video games as the top YouTube earner is very similar to the kid on the corner slinging sacs that thinks that someday he'll be the kingpin making the big dough.

That Iranian chick that shot up 3 people at YouTube?  She's just like the local dealer that lost her supply.  No more easy money.   Mellow

The difference being that drug markets come with negative externalities. Youtube content does not.

What makes you think that a drug dealer is going to wreck shit when his supply dries up?
(04-11-2018, 11:16 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: The difference being that drug markets come with negative externalities. Youtube content does not.

What makes you think that a drug dealer is going to wreck shit when his supply dries up?

Because, when the supply dries up, the money dries up.  Somebody must pay, anybody!  

You don't see that as a good analogy for the You Tube shooter?  Her source dried up, her money dried up, somebody had to pay...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23