Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The beautiful mind of Pacman Jones
We find out why he's one of the best corners in all of football - his mind.

Good stuff, great photos. Any reads/shares on Twitter/Facebook would be appreciated!
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 04:19 PM)jowczarski Wrote: We find out why he's one of the best corners in all of football - his mind.

Good stuff, great photos. Any reads/shares on Twitter/Facebook would be appreciated!

I shared the article on the board's FB and Twitter. It's a great read for sure. Very interesting to see his mental approach, and how he breaks things down. 
Reply/Quote
Great article.

This quote by Pacman epitomizes the Bengals for me.

(Pac is talking about his mentality about his preparation)
"What can I do to get better because they can’t wait for me to f--- up. So that’s how I look at it.”

Thats' how people treat the Bengals... just like they treat Jones... waiting for them to f--- up.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 04:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Great article.

This quote by Pacman epitomizes the Bengals for me.

(Pac is talking about his mentality about his preparation)
"What can I do to get better because they can’t wait for me to f--- up. So that’s how I look at it.”

Thats' how people treat the Bengals... just like they treat Jones... waiting for them to f--- up.

As much as I've criticized Jones' decision making process off the field, there's no doubt that he is 'football smart' on the field.
Reply/Quote
Great read! Good job!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope he's teaching the young guys (Kirkpatrick, Shaw) how to do it as well. They can benefit from this too and they'll be in the league longer.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 04:19 PM)jowczarski Wrote: We find out why he's one of the best corners in all of football - his mind.

Thank you.
Reply/Quote
Great article Jim thanks for sharing.

In many ways Adam is now the heart and soul of this team.

And with brains
Reply/Quote
great read. well done sir
Reply/Quote
Thanks for posting, Jim.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Great read. I have admitted before that Jones has proven me 100% wrong about signing him. He is the heart and soul of this defense, especially when Burfict was out. Now that the Bengals have Burfict back, you have a veteran difference maker at each level: Geno, Burfict, and Adam Jones.
Reply/Quote
James Brooks was one of my all time favorite players because he was a smaller guy who played with a chip on his shoulder ,played with passion ,backed down from know one and just flat out brought it. I loved watching that guy play. When I watch Adam Jones he has similarities to Brooks.

When you draft a QB there are intangibles that are difficult to quantify sometimes in selecting a quality pro QB. On the defensive side of the ball there are different intangibles that you need to have a great defence. I don't think it needs to be everybody on the D but some of the guys are tone setters with an energy and attitude that is contagious. I think Pacman is one of our tone setters just like James Brooks was.

To me comparing Adam Jones to James Brooks is a big complement.

I hope the young corners are paying attention.
Reply/Quote
What a nice article!

I sure hope we can resign Adam this off season.

Reply/Quote
Before last season there was a great quote Herm Edwards (a former NFL DB) made about how we had one of the best defensive backfields in the league. He said that Newman, Hall, and Jones may all be a step slower, but that they up for it with experience and the ability to read offenses.

Last year we were last in sacks and still finished top 3 in pass efficiency defense, interceptions, and passing tds allowed. That says a lot about our DBs.
Reply/Quote
When we signed Jones I was firmly in the camp that he was trouble and that the team was going to regret giving him a chance. With that said I am ecstatic that I was wrong about him as a football player and a man. On the field it is obvious he stepped up his game and really dedicated himself to his craft. Off of the field things have been bumpy at times but it's basically a non-issue since he has been with the Bengals. I've always enjoyed watching sound secondary play and Jones has not disappointed!

Now if you'll excuse me I have a meal to eat. Tiger

[Image: Eat%20Crow.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Great article Jim.
Reply/Quote