Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best quarterback to receiver tandems in the NFL for 2019
This will surprise people for which Bengals pair made the list:

Andy Dalton and Tyler Eifert, 125.6 passer rating
Tyler Eifert’s health is the only thing keeping him and Dalton from filling up the stat sheet even further. Of the tandems on this list, none have more touchdowns between them than Dalton and Eifert (20). But Eifert has played just more than 2,100 snaps in six seasons while Dalton has played more than 2,500 combined in the last three seasons.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-best-quarterback-to-receiver-tandems-in-the-nfl-for-2019
Reply/Quote
I really want to see our new offensive scheme in action.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Two of the best people in sports i have ever seen as well.

Damn i pray these guys can stay healthy for just one season please.
Reply/Quote
I hate this because tight ends would kill our division (two tight end sets would be best) and Eifert has all the potential in the world but he can never stay healthy.

Hopefully, Taylor instructs Callahan to use Eifert and Eifert can stay healthy because we'll have a lot of weapons if he can produce, and him and Sample on the field at the same time would be nasty.

Mixon running the ball, AJ on the outside, Eifert and Sample up the seams, and then Boyd on the other side would be a hell of an offense to try and stop.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 03:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I hate this because tight ends would kill our division (two tight end sets would be best) and Eifert has all the potential in the world but he can never stay healthy.

Hopefully, Taylor instructs Callahan to use Eifert and Eifert can stay healthy because we'll have a lot of weapons if he can produce, and him and Sample on the field at the same time would be nasty.

Mixon running the ball, AJ on the outside, Eifert and Sample up the seams, and then Boyd on the other side would be a hell of an offense to try and stop.

So long as the offensive line can keep Andy clean and upright...Otherwise all bets are off. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 05:17 AM)grampahol Wrote: So long as the offensive line can keep Andy clean and upright...Otherwise all bets are off. 

Yes but I'm hoping that the new coaching of the line will make the better and I'm hoping that better play calling will make their lives easier.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 03:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I hate this because tight ends would kill our division (two tight end sets would be best) and Eifert has all the potential in the world but he can never stay healthy.

I want to see us use a lot of 2 TE sets as well with Eifert and Sample or Eifert and CJ. We can run or pass our of it. We can line up both TE's in line on opposite sides or same side. We can put one in motion. So many options in 2 TE sets to run or pass.

If Eifert plays all 16 games, our offense can be special. I think our running game gets a boost too with a great blocking TE (Sample) and better OL.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

I love this because having Sample will free up Eifert to be more of a move TE and have less blocking duties.  And I want him (totally serious here) to play like Chad.  Catch the ball and get out of bounds or go down.  Don't take unnecessary hits.  Save your body and move the chains.  
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 10:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I want to see us use a lot of 2 TE sets as well with Eifert and Sample or Eifert and CJ. We can run or pass our of it. We can line up both TE's in line on opposite sides or same side. We can put one in motion. So many options in 2 TE sets to run or pass.

If Eifert plays all 16 games, our offense can be special. I think our running game gets a boost too with a great blocking TE (Sample) and better OL.

It always felt to me like the Bengals wanted to run multiple TEs out there but could never get Eifert/Kroft/Uzomah healthy at the same time.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2019, 11:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This will surprise people for which Bengals pair made the list:

Andy Dalton and Tyler Eifert, 125.6 passer rating
Tyler Eifert’s health is the only thing keeping him and Dalton from filling up the stat sheet even further. Of the tandems on this list, none have more touchdowns between them than Dalton and Eifert (20). But Eifert has played just more than 2,100 snaps in six seasons while Dalton has played more than 2,500 combined in the last three seasons.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-best-quarterback-to-receiver-tandems-in-the-nfl-for-2019

Good catch. I don't think it's any coincidence that Andy's best year was when he had Eifert available, and they seemed like they were building right back up to it last year before the Atlanta game. Man I'd love to see these guys finally get another full season together.

You know opposing defenses are aware of this, too. That has to make life easier for AJ, Boyd, and Ross down in the red zone...

There's not a player on the team I'm rooting for harder than Tyler Eifert.
Reply/Quote
if Eifert can stay healthy then imagine the.7 man fronts Mixon Bernard Williams will face.
Eifert and Ross are the X factors on offense this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 11:20 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Good catch. I don't think it's any coincidence that Andy's best year was when he had Eifert available, and they seemed like they were building right back up to it last year before the Atlanta game. Man I'd love to see these guys finally get another full season together.

You know opposing defenses are aware of this, too. That has to make life easier for AJ, Boyd, and Ross down in the red zone...

There's not a player on the team I'm rooting for harder than Tyler Eifert.

The offense did seem to fall apart after Eifert got hurt. Even though Eifert didn't put up numbers, it did open things up for other players.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 04:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The offense did seem to fall apart after Eifert got hurt. Even though Eifert didn't put up numbers, it did open things up for other players.

Completely agree - it was night and day.
Reply/Quote
On defense, it's hard to point to any 1 loss...but Glasgow was a huge loss. He was graded in the high 80's low 90's on PFF in a small sample size. He was really good against the run.
Reply/Quote
Maybe they should protect Eifert and use him outside more? Less likely he gets hurt matched up against a smaller corner, i would think. Use Sample inside and eifert in the slot or outside. Just a thought. He can get hurt on any play, but we should be using him down the field instead of on screens. Theres also a line though, players need to be versatile and unpredictable.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 10:37 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Maybe they should protect Eifert and use him outside more? Less likely he gets hurt matched up against a smaller corner, i would think. Use Sample inside and eifert in the slot or outside. Just a thought. He can get hurt on any play, but we should be using him down the field instead of on screens. Theres also a line though, players need to be versatile and unpredictable.

I think that's an idea that several of us like. That said, he could still get injured.

I think you have to limit his reps too.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 10:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that's an idea that several of us like. That said, he could still get injured.

I think you have to limit his reps too.

Yep, he’s definitely a threat out there when healthy. Itd be ideal to just use him as if he were never injured, but they may be able to make some adjustments to lower his risk of injury. Getting Sample should help more than anything.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 11:31 PM)impactplaya Wrote: if Eifert can stay healthy then imagine the.7 man fronts Mixon Bernard Williams will face.
Eifert and Ross are the X factors on offense this year.

Absolute truth...Ross didn't get credit for much (not saying he deserved more as the #9 overall pick has way higher expectations) but his presence kept a safety back off the LOS and that helped last year even.  Add in a healthy Eifert with AJ and Boyd and the RBs should eat very well. 
Reply/Quote