Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okeana 4 round draft - 1/21
Rnd 1 - Pck 24 - Jalen Ramsey / S / Florida State

[Image: img25366579.jpg]

This pick was hard for me because I like us drafting a OLB this year because its one of our weakest positions, but the front office has proven to draft with best player available and many mock simulators have him dropping because of team need.  This guy is an absolute stud with room for improvement and is a true athletic specimen.  He could also play corner and has a lot of versatility.  He can rotate in this year and learn from one of the leagues best in Reggie Nelson and be a long term solution to an aging position on the team.  I personally don't want to go back to the dark ages where Safety is an ignored position.

Honorable Mention:  I honestly think that Jalen will be taken before he gets to us and that most of these mock simulators will be wrong.  If he does I see Darron Lee as a surefire win at this pick and would be a great linebacker for the team.  

Rnd 2 - Pck 55 - Josh Doctson / WR / TCU

[Image: iS-rCwW2.jpg]

I know you guys are all screaming right now that we haven't drafted a DT or ILB/OLB at this point and im losing my mind.  I am going with best player available again and getting a guy who is an upgrade at receiver and could compete for a number 2 role on this team.  I think Sanu may stay on as a 3rd or 4th receiver, but he's to inconsistent and everything on tape tells me Josh Doctson is going to be a great receiver in the NFL.

Rnd 3 - Pick 87 - Sheldon Day / DT / Notre Dame

[Image: 149981-123326.jpg]

Ok so I'm not some college football guru and I only start evaluating players when this time of year rolls around, but I couldn't find a better replacement for Peko than Sheldon Day.  Great personality and character guy with tons of upside and his big knock is being injury prone.  At best you get a guy who plays like Aaron Donald and at worse you have a backup with leadership qualities.  My gut tells me that this guy will flourish in our system and really learn to be a pro from our veteran line.

Rnd 4 - Roberto Aguayo / K / Flordia State

[Image: NPDnzMlj.jpg]

That's right I took a kicker.  If this guy falls to us in round 4 I will be so happy because i'm tired of losing games off missed kicks.  Aguayo is a rare talent that can serve this team for a long time and give us the edge in the North where seasons are won and lost on a kick. The most accurate kicker in college football history "Mr Automatic" would be a great pickup for this team.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Whatever you have been smoking, I will take two.

But seriously, if Ramsey somehow falls to 24 he's a no brainer...he's a top 2 defensive player in this draft.
Reply/Quote
Im cautious about taking Big 12 WR's unless they are a sure thing like Dez was. These guys are typical horrible blockers and get jammed at the LOS frequently. We need guys who can be physical at the jump. And no way would I spend a 4th rounder on a kicker, that 4th could be our next Atkins.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 03:07 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im cautious about taking Big 12 WR's unless they are a sure thing like Dez was. These guys are typical horrible blockers and get jammed at the LOS frequently. We need guys who can be physical at the jump. And no way would I spend a 4th rounder on a kicker, that 4th could be our next Atkins.

when you have a deep talented roster you can spend picks on talented players.  How many games have we lost due to missed field goals this year alone ?  This is a rare kicker who deserves attention and most scouts don't have him making it out of the 3rd round.  

Reply/Quote
I like it.  I like the unconventional approach to it.  The only thing is I doubt the Safety and DT fall that far. However, if it were to be, I would be beside myself if we land Ramsey in 1.  Then I would use my 2nd on Day and follow up in the 3rd with the highest rated WR left on the board.  Will Fuller maybe? Maybe Docson if he falls that far.  ???? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 03:07 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im cautious about taking Big 12 WR's unless they are a sure thing like Dez was. These guys are typical horrible blockers and get jammed at the LOS frequently. We need guys who can be physical at the jump. And no way would I spend a 4th rounder on a kicker, that 4th could be our next Atkins.

A top flight kicker could be a major boost. If we had a good kicker, we might not run it with Hill and just knee it then kick the FG. But we have Nugent.

Having an ace kicker can make or break a team in a close game. Aguayo is the best in a while. He's worth the investment if they believe in his talent. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 04:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: A top flight kicker could be a major boost. If we had a good kicker, we might not run it with Hill and just knee it then kick the FG. But we have Nugent.

Having an ace kicker can make or break a team in a close game. Aguayo is the best in a while. He's worth the investment if they believe in his talent. 

The Ravens and Justin Tucker are proof of this.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 05:43 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Ravens and Justin Tucker are proof of this.

The Patriots and whomever their kicker is. They invest in the position, it won them 2 Super Bowls. 

Gostowski was a 4th rounder. He's paid off more than many of their higher picks.
Reply/Quote
If you use "injury prone" in a player's description, he should automatically be scratched from your list of prospects.

We have horrible luck, horrible training facilities, small/no medical facility, and a very small medical staff, so it's not worth the risk to bring in a player at a position of need that could be a flop because we can't provide him with the help that he needs, so no-go on Day.

I don't like that you ignored center, especially when you took a receiver in round 2 when you consider that receivers are a dime a dozen and we could get a free agent.

Love the Ramsey pick and the Aguayo pick, but I think we need a backer.

Not that bad, just not my cup of Sunkist ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 07:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If you use "injury prone" in a player's description, he should automatically be scratched from your list of prospects.

We have horrible luck, horrible training facilities, small/no medical facility, and a very small medical staff, so it's not worth the risk to bring in a player at a position of need that could be a flop because we can't provide him with the help that he needs, so no-go on Day.

I don't like that you ignored center, especially when you took a receiver in round 2 when you consider that receivers are a dime a dozen and we could get a free agent.

Love the Ramsey pick and the Aguayo pick, but I think we need a backer.

Not that bad, just not my cup of Sunkist  ThumbsUp

I didn't ignore center i juts didn't take one in the top 4 picks.  I don't see them picking a guy that high with bodine still under a rookie contract and alexander as the positions coach.  It's hard balancing what you want as a fan and whats within reason for the bengals to pick.  I would rather see them get a free agent center, but we all know thats not going to happen.  The draft is always a crap shoot and you have to look at what injuries the guy sustains before immediately voiding the pick.  I like his upside so much that I would be willing to take a chance on a guy who can be a potential leader on the team rather than just another fat run stopper.  

Reply/Quote
I like the Aguayo pick and if we can get Ramsey at #24 that'd be amazing..

I'd be up for taking Doctson but I do think we get a linebacker instead DT.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 02:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Whatever you have been smoking, I will take two.

But seriously, if Ramsey somehow falls to 24 he's a no brainer...he's a top 2 defensive player in this draft.

I've read some places where they expect Ramsey to fall because he's supposedly raw at both CB and Safety because they moved him back and forth so much....I don't see it though to me he's the best safety to come out of college in a while.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 07:06 PM)Synric Wrote: I've read some places where they expect Ramsey to fall because he's supposedly raw at both CB and Safety because they moved him back and forth so much....I don't see it though to me he's the best safety to come out of college in a while.

So was Patrick Peterson.
That's just people over thinking things.
Reply/Quote
I'd be extremely surprised if Ramsey or Doctson fell to us. If they did, I'm running that draft pick up to the commissioner as fast as I can. Not only would they fill holes, but they would also be upgrades over what we have.

Yes, I view Doctson as an upgrade over Sanu and Jones.

Day is someone I like, but him being undersized does slightly worry me at the NT position. However, he could just be a rotational player for Atkins. And I'd be okay with that.

I've never been one to draft a kicker so early. But I wouldn't be mad if it's a major upgrade over what we have.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote