Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The big difference between Dan Rooney and Mike Brown
(04-14-2017, 07:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's been 26 years.  At what point do we admit that Mike might have a hint that his method isn't going to bear fruit?

Well, the facts strongly indicate never.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 03:50 PM)xxlt Wrote: I would have bet a year's supply of Shake n Bake that you were going to say both would eat at Frisch's but Rooney would leave a better tip.

Your analysis, while surprising in light of my expectation, is hard to argue with.

Well I do think Rooney would tip better at a Frisch's...even now...but the mistake you make is assuming Mike Brown would splurge on Frisch's.

That place is wayyy too pricey.

(04-14-2017, 05:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mike Brown has never been able to separate football and family. He's stuck in 1965 and thinks he's running the local mom and pop hardware store, he's Mr. Cunningham on Happy Days. He's even said he doesn't want to fire anybody because he seen what it did to his dad.

Even Mom & Pop stores have standards.

(04-14-2017, 07:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's been 26 years.  At what point do we admit that Mike might have a hint that his method isn't going to bear fruit?

He might have a clue, but he's too stubborn to change. Money and loyalty are the top priorities. Winning is a nice coincidence...if it happens. If not, ah well...you win some and you lose some. That's the attitude he's had in some interviews when defending Marvin in the past. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 08:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I do think Rooney would tip better at a Frisch's...even now...but the mistake you make is assuming Mike Brown would splurge on Frisch's.

That place is wayyy to pricey.

Even Mom & Pop stores have standards.

He might have a clue, but he's too stubborn to change. Money and loyalty are the top priorities. Winning is a nice coincidence...if it happens. If not, ah well...you win some and you lose some. That's the attitude he's had in some interviews when defending Marvin in the past. 

Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Screw Pitt, I'm not going to kiss ass and say Pitts overall process is great or they have a superior franchise, only when compared to us maybe. Yes they have SB wins but the majority came when let's face it, they got lucky, had some good drafts and won the lump of their SB's during that time. They have their own "90's". Pitt is still and always will be a dirty opporitunilistic team who has had not just dirty players but even coaches that try to punch players even trip them. The only thing I see different between us and them is the level of competitive drive they have that extends well beyond the players on the field which is where ours seems to stop.
Reply/Quote