Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bigger question..Do you want Marvin fired if it means Hue will be coach.
(12-24-2018, 07:29 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I get what your saying but why does everyone think Marvin will just slide right in and be a good GM? He couldn't manage the team as is. Draft picks has been horrible, players don't develop, he never wants to play players no matter where they are drafted. I just don't get why we should settle for Marvin as GM. He would be my last pick at this point. No reason to keep him as GM just to get him off the sideline. I get it that everyone wants a GM and Marvin might be the closest to Mikey for this to ever happen but I don't see it working out like we hope. And after another 15 years he will retire and we will be back to no GM. Marvin is not GM material and nothing other than Mikey being comfortable with him qualifies him.

I totally agree.

If Marvin is gone he needs to stay away.

The dude is very arrogant and stuck in his ways.

He also likes to stick with players who are under performing for too long.

No way I'd want him to be in the front office.

Hue would just be his puppet and it would be like he never left but given even more power.

I'd much rather have Hue with a fresh(lol?)start than just being a seat filler for Merv.

I can already see him in the owners box giggling with his walkie talkie calling plays and burning timeouts.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 02:34 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I totally agree.

If Marvin is gone he needs to stay away.

The dude is very arrogant and stuck in his ways.

He also likes to stick with players who are under performing for too long.

No way I'd want him to be in the front office.

Hue would just be his puppet and it would be like he never left but given even more power.

I'd much rather have Hue with a fresh(lol?)start than just being a seat filler for Merv.

I can already see him in the owners box giggling with his walkie talkie calling plays and burning timeouts.

Exactly! Moving Marvin to GM would only be embracing the culture we are trying to dig out of even more. Wouldn't change a damn thing. Can't change the culture of this franchise keeping Marvin around. The only thing that will change is half the problem will now be 75% of it.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 07:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At this point I wonder if Mike looks at the Bengals as a way to make money (obviously), but he gets his jollies by trolling the fan base that has ripped him for years.

I mean, if he cared about seeing major success before he dies, you'd think even a stubborn moron could see that Marv isn't getting it. Even if playoffs were the goal, Marvin hasn't even been reaching that low bar for the last 3 seasons. So either Mike takes great joy in sticking it to the local fans, or he just views Marv as family and refuses to fire him no matter what. Maybe both.

I certainly know Marv will continue to shamelessly pick up checks as long as Mike is offering.

If this is the case  the good citizens of Hamilton country should focus on getting the troll out of town. Perhaps soccer will take off.

Reply/Quote
No, I'd keep Marvin over Hue because he is a better coach, and is close to hanging it up. With Hue, we might have him another 10 years....
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 10:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, I'd keep Marvin over Hue because he is a better coach, and is close to hanging it up. With Hue, we might have him another 10 years....

Might happen anyway.

Hue might be as good of friend to Mike as Marvin.

Let that sink in. Cry 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If Hue is the only option... I'd prefer keeping ML
Reply/Quote
I would take Hue over Marvin, Cleveland was in most of the games early in the season from what I remember. The Offensive Coordinator was the one feeding the team bad information if you heard TJ in his interview about it.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq08VtLF1X8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote