Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The biggest concern:
How long is Dalton out?

Without him the season is over.

Reply/Quote
I think we can probably rule out next week. That is, unless they're just being conservative as shit.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:06 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: How long is Dalton out?

It puts a dent in the optimism, but it's not over regardless.  McCarron may look better with some actual practice reps. The picks were bad, but AJ made a lot of good throws as well.  The biggest problem is the banged up secondary.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:09 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: It puts a dent in the optimism, but it's not over regardless.  McCarron may look better with some actual practice reps. The picks were bad, but AJ made a lot of good throws as well.  The biggest problem is the banged up secondary.

I agree. McCarron has some excellent potential. We have enough weapons still to make a run if everyone gets healthy and we have to play McCarron.
Reply/Quote
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think the Bengals can get the playoff victory with an inexperienced rookie.

Assuming no bye (we're not beating denver with McCarron) McCarron would have to either:

1. Beat a KC defense
2. Outscore Rapethisberger and Pitt
3. Face Revis Island.

Even worse, Lewis gets extended for another year and we're back to sqaure one, except we'll probably lose some playmakers to FA.
Reply/Quote
Just bracing myself for the awful news at this point.

It's sickening, the sort of luck this team has.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
McCarron looks like the real deal. Lets get him some practice reps with the 1's. I really like how he plays out from under center.
Reply/Quote
Yeah. If Dalton is out for a while it would be difficult but not impossible.

The health and play of the D is more concerning IMO.

We shall see.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:06 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: How long is Dalton out?

I honestly believed this team could go to The Super Bowl this year. 
I'm so sick right now.
You're right, w/o Dalton we go nowhere.

That sound, by the way, was the noise of our window of opportunity closing once again :angry:
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Right now we're stuck in holding mode until we know Andy's status
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You guys aren't really Bengal fans saying it's over. Have we been eliminated?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:20 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: You guys are kidding yourselves if you think the Bengals can get the playoff victory with an inexperienced rookie.

Assuming no bye (we're not beating denver with McCarron) McCarron would have to either:

1. Beat a KC defense
3. Face Revis Island.

Even worse, Lewis gets extended for another year and we're back to sqaure one, except we'll probably lose some playmakers to FA.
I mean technically he's not a rookie. Either way without Dalton were not winning shit
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:20 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: You guys are kidding yourselves if you think the Bengals can get the playoff victory with an inexperienced rookie.

1. Beat a KC defense
3. Face Revis Island.

We can beat the Jets or Chiefs in a wild card game. Could beat Denver too. Who knows..maybe all 5 other playoff teams have their starting QBs go out for the playoffs too. We'd be the AFC favorite again!
Reply/Quote
No other way to say it, this is bad. I am not a Doctor, but I can't imagine Andy would be back for the playoffs. And without Dalton, there is no way this team makes a run... just isn't going to happen.
Reply/Quote
No two ways about it. The 2015 bengals were a really good team. Just like the 2005 bengals. Perhaps the 2025 bengals will be pretty good too. :)

Our season might be fading out on us but at least we have next year, right?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:29 PM)Fresno B Wrote: You guys aren't really Bengal fans saying it's over. Have we been eliminated?

Lol Dalton is a top 5 QB this year. You're delusional if you think that losing him doesn't severely hurt this team.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Lets stop the doomsday stuff. Dalton may be out a few weeks and possibly could play with an apparatus on his hand. What stinks is it is his throwing hand. That eliminates long passes potentially, but the receivers will have to adjust. We are still in the playoffs even if we lose out and who knows what might happen. I have faith McCarron will do much better next week.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:46 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Lets stop the doomsday stuff. Dalton may be out a few weeks and possibly could play with an apparatus on his hand. What stinks is it is his throwing hand. That eliminates long passes potentially, but the receivers will have to adjust. We are still in the playoffs even if we lose out and who knows what might happen. I have faith McCarron will do much better next week.

You do understand that he has to be able to grip the ball even to throw short passes, correct?  What type of "apparatus" would he use??
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:56 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You do understand that he has to be able to grip the ball even to throw short passes, correct?  What type of "apparatus" would he use??

Yep. You can't put an apparatus on your throwing hand.
Reply/Quote
Steelers fans are probably laughing, injuring Eifert on purpose, and Dalton going down essentially on his own. In years past, the bengals backups at most positions were very far off the starters. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote