Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The biggest concern:
(12-13-2015, 06:44 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Lol Dalton is a top 5 QB this year. You're delusional if you think that losing him doesn't severely hurt this team.

Where did the name Dalton show up in my post? Some of you guys? Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:27 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I honestly believed this team could go to The Super Bowl this year. 
I'm so sick right now.
You're right, w/o Dalton we go nowhere.

That sound, by the way, was the noise of our window of opportunity closing once again :angry:

The thing that pisses me off most about it.....it was all on Andy! Stupid throw with a big 300+ pile of cellulose standing two feet away and in between the QB and intended receiver, then make a more stupid very dumb diving tackle at a man who outweighs you by more than 100lbs?!?! You cannot do that there, in that game, at that spot, and at this point of the season!!!

Injuries happen in the NFL, but this was all on him!! Now he has jeopardized the best season going in franchise history.

How can you play so great most the time, and make such a dumb decision at the worst possible time?!?  It's a big knock on a QB and why so many people still have concerns about him, even given the lights out season he had been having!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:20 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: You guys are kidding yourselves if you think the Bengals can get the playoff victory with an inexperienced rookie.

Assuming no bye (we're not beating denver with McCarron) McCarron would have to either:

1. Beat a KC defense
2. Outscore Rapethisberger and Pitt
3. Face Revis Island.

Even worse, Lewis gets extended for another year and we're back to sqaure one, except we'll probably lose some playmakers to FA

You obviously have a short memory.  TJ Yates is a Playoff winner.  It can be done.  Despite the turnovers, AJ looked better than any of the recent Bengals backups.  He's not afraid to make the throws.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:02 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: The thing that pisses me off most about it.....it was all on Andy! Stupid throw with a big 300+ pile of cellulose standing two feet away and in between the QB and intended receiver, then make a more stupid very dumb diving tackle at a man who outweighs you by more than 100lbs?!?! You cannot do that there, in that game, at that spot, and at this point of the season!!!

Injuries happen in the NFL, but this was all on him!! Now he has jeopardized the best season going in franchise history.

How can you play so great most the time, and make such a dumb decision at the worst possible time?!?  It's a big knock on a QB and why so many people still have concerns about him, even given the lights out season he had been having!!!

No it was not "all on Andy". It was a poor play call true and the defender read the play and got in there for a fluke INT. Andy instinctively went to tackle him and suffered a freak injury. Stuff happens. If you want to point at stuff how about the deliberate injuring of Eifert.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: No it was not "all on Andy". It was a poor play call true and the defender read the play and got in there for a fluke INT. Andy instinctively went to tackle him and suffered a freak injury. Stuff happens. If you want to point at stuff how about the deliberate injuring of Eifert.

I guess your right not all on Andy, partly on coaching too!!! If they cannot train the QB to understand the current position in the best start in franchise history, the possible bye in the playoffs, and the starting QB to be integral in the success of the remaining season to know that the damn starting QB cannot afford to be making diving tackles on men who outweigh them by more than a hundred pounds, then yes its on the coaches too!!

It was no "fluke" either, AD made a clear cognitive dumb decision to dive at Truitt!!

As for Eifert that is a completely different issue, yes I have a problem with Stooler players targeting!!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:22 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: I guess your right not all on Andy, partly on coaching too!!! If they cannot train the QB to understand the current position in the best start in franchise history, the possible bye in the playoffs, and the starting QB to be integral in the success of the remaining season to know that the damn starting QB cannot afford to be making diving tackles on men who outweigh them by more than a hundred pounds, then yes its on the coaches too!!

As for Eifert that is a completely different issue, yes I have a problem with Stooler players targeting!!

It is football and Dalton is a football player.  Obviously he was going to try to make the tackle.  He did the right thing by going low, just try to take out his legs.  It was an accident.  Every player is susceptible to injury on every play.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:25 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: It is football and Dalton is a football player.  Obviously he was going to try to make the tackle.  He did the right thing by going low, just try to take out his legs.  It was an accident.  Every player is susceptible to injury on every play.

My point is Truitt is big and slow, he was not taking the ball 95 yards to the house, he was going to be tackled. Even after the bad interception, Andy must be aware given the totality of the circumstances of where this season stands he CANNOT risk himself to make a diving tackle there, on that player, at that point in the game, and the standing of the team this season.

Andy has been playing lights out, and after being on the Andy "hater" side of the debate in previous years, I know that the team needs him to have any chance to go deep into the playoffs! He must know that as well, it was a poor poor decision.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:01 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Where did the name Dalton show up in my post? Some of you guys? Rolleyes

It showed up in OPs post and is what the general discussion in this thread is about Rolleyes

Unless you're talking about our beer vendor who was fired. Huge loss, but I'm sure our team will be fine  Yawn
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote